Page 4 of 296 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In my midwife practice, you have a 'primary midwife' who you have at least half your appointments with, a secondary midwife that you meet with most of the rest of the time, then they make sure you meet at least once with a 3rd midwife before the birth so if both your primary and secondary are busy, you won't have a complete stranger delivering your baby. Your practice won't let you do that? If you named the two nice ones as primary or secondary, is there any way you could meet less with the one you don't like? As for the birth, once you're in labour, there won't be time for her to make insensitive comments like that, so you probably won't care who's actually attending the birth.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG, Jamie, I would be FURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am what everyone would consider "overweight" too...I used to be so skinny that my family, when I visit them, still questions what "happened" to me...well what happened to me was 1) I LOVE my husband's cooking! 2) I've had two kids via C-sections, so sue me!

I am still heavier than I'd like, but I really wanted to be preggers so I'll deal with the weight later. I'm going to try to moderately excersise (like walk around the block, just relaxing stuff) and maybe some prenatal yoga type stuff for relaxation (I can be really stress-y type, if ya'll haven't noticed!) and I'm hoping to put only 20 lbs or less, but baby comes first....

I don't understand why the OB would berate you about your weight as long as it wasn't hurting the baby? My OB is so relaxed, I love him. I love that he's a guy too, he's so cool about everything that it helps keep me calm during pregnancy, you know what I mean? I visited him in Nov. for an annual woman's exam and told him about my plans to TTC. He said, "if you want another one, go right ahead, it's better to get it over now." I don't know why, but dummy that I am, I mentioned my weight, he just shrugged and said, "So? You can lose it later." I love that attitude!

I hope you do find a good provider soon, and it sucks about how few are willing to do VBAC. My OB said I could do a VBAC but with my previous history he advised against it because of head size. My kids usually have very round big heads that my birth canal can't handle. I blame hubby, all his fault!

anyway, hugs Jamie, have you had any symptoms yet? my only two so far are the pretty consistent dull achiness (esp. from my left ovary area) and indigestion, feeling the need to burp a lot, or not feeling like food is digesting quite right. Ugh...i think its way too early for the indigestion, but it's here, whether I want it to or not, LOL.

Has anyone else been obssessing about gender already? LOL
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and Mocha and all, if I find out I am indeed having a girl, I'm changing my fruit background to PINK! and all my tickers to pink, though I am not fond of pink itself as a color, I want to proudly display it from the rooftops~!

and if it's a boy, I'm going to change the fruit ticker to the blue....I loved that beautiful shade of blue!
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree - it's a really nice blue. If I decide to give in and use that ticker again, maybe I'll choose the blue one this time so it's different...if I can be brave enough to choose blue

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL I know...you feel the agony of picking the blue background too!!
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Girls!!! I swayed Pink, due Sept 4th!!! I just need to mes with my signature to get my ticker in there! LOL
    Good luck to all of us and I pray we all get healthy babies and our desired genders!
    Tiffany. Due 10/12/14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome, Emmy!

As far as symptoms go, mine are still pretty minor. I have bad constipation and gas (very attractive, I know), and every once in a while I get a very mild wave of nausea - usually when I'm hungry. I also still have af-like cramps almost non-stop, with occasional sharp cramps - though some of thse could just be gas .

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by auroara78 View Post
    OMG, Jamie, I would be FURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am what everyone would consider "overweight" too...I used to be so skinny that my family, when I visit them, still questions what "happened" to me...well what happened to me was 1) I LOVE my husband's cooking! 2) I've had two kids via C-sections, so sue me!

I am still heavier than I'd like, but I really wanted to be preggers so I'll deal with the weight later. I'm going to try to moderately excersise (like walk around the block, just relaxing stuff) and maybe some prenatal yoga type stuff for relaxation (I can be really stress-y type, if ya'll haven't noticed!) and I'm hoping to put only 20 lbs or less, but baby comes first....

I don't understand why the OB would berate you about your weight as long as it wasn't hurting the baby? My OB is so relaxed, I love him. I love that he's a guy too, he's so cool about everything that it helps keep me calm during pregnancy, you know what I mean? I visited him in Nov. for an annual woman's exam and told him about my plans to TTC. He said, "if you want another one, go right ahead, it's better to get it over now." I don't know why, but dummy that I am, I mentioned my weight, he just shrugged and said, "So? You can lose it later." I love that attitude!

I hope you do find a good provider soon, and it sucks about how few are willing to do VBAC. My OB said I could do a VBAC but with my previous history he advised against it because of head size. My kids usually have very round big heads that my birth canal can't handle. I blame hubby, all his fault!

anyway, hugs Jamie, have you had any symptoms yet? my only two so far are the pretty consistent dull achiness (esp. from my left ovary area) and indigestion, feeling the need to burp a lot, or not feeling like food is digesting quite right. Ugh...i think its way too early for the indigestion, but it's here, whether I want it to or not, LOL.

Has anyone else been obssessing about gender already? LOL
    Thank you so much for all the support! I don't know why they feel the need to berate me either (I've had a couple different providers do it). I would actually sit in the waiting room to see how many women were bigger than me and wonder if they were hearing the same thing. I will let you all know how it goes when I do have an appointment.

And Mocha, I think I might try and see if I can work something like that out but I do want to speak with the midwife I don't really like in order to provide me some peace (or find out if I just need to go somewhere else) so I don't worry about it my whole pregnancy.

But enough with all that let's talk about the fun stuff! I have not been having a ton of symptoms which makes me really want to take more pregnancy tests to see those dark lines! The last one I took was the day after AF was due and the test line was darker than the control line and that made me happy. Last night I actually took another OPK (the clear blue one with the smiley face), I got a smiley and when I ejected the stick the test line was almost navy blue and the control line was light because the test line had used up most of the dye. That satisfied my urge to test for a bit especially because I had just used the bathroom like an hour before that.

The symptoms I have had are lots of dreams (almost every night which only happens when I'm pregnant I usually don't dream). I've been exhausted, I'm having a hard time keeping up with my housework and I've been going to be early which I also never do. I'm really bloated, incredibly thirsty, peeing constantly, and hungry a lot (which sucks I'm really trying to keep it under control). With both my other pregnancies I had very textbook morning sickness in that it started at 6weeks and was over by 12 weeks. I will be starting a job when I am 6 weeks so I'm hoping that maybe I'll be lucky and it won't be that bad this time. I did not vomit really in my previous pregnancies but I was so nauseated it was hard to function. But if I don't get sick I might worry thinking I'm not having enough symptoms etc. I know a lot of people say being really sick is a sign of girl but when I was pregnant with my boys I was so sick everyone told me they were girls so I'm hoping maybe I'll be opposite of the old wives tale and have no sickness with this one.
    Jamie
    Mama to
    Nathaniel (Nate or Nathan) (03/26/08) Logan (06/12/10) and BFP on 12/28/2011 after using swaying techniques from Gender Dreaming leading to Emma (09/06/2012)
    BFP on 7/13/14 Due 3/28/15 hoping for another

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you ladies told anyone yet? I know a lot of people like to wait a while but DH and I are really bad at that so most people around us know already.
    Jamie
    Mama to
    Nathaniel (Nate or Nathan) (03/26/08) Logan (06/12/10) and BFP on 12/28/2011 after using swaying techniques from Gender Dreaming leading to Emma (09/06/2012)
    BFP on 7/13/14 Due 3/28/15 hoping for another

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie86 View Post
    Have you ladies told anyone yet? I know a lot of people like to wait a while but DH and I are really bad at that so most people around us know already.
    I have told my Mum and a few close friends but I want to try and keep this to ourselves as long as possible this time. Will hopefully make things go faster as won't have ppl always asking about it!! Not having any symptoms yet, although was bit bloated today- could be from eating different foods now after the diet. My sickness started about 6 weeks with my boys so enjoying these few weeks while they last... would be lovely not to get it again!!!

Page 4 of 296 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast