Page 5 of 296 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sallygal View Post
    I have told my Mum and a few close friends but I want to try and keep this to ourselves as long as possible this time. Will hopefully make things go faster as won't have ppl always asking about it!! Not having any symptoms yet, although was bit bloated today- could be from eating different foods now after the diet. My sickness started about 6 weeks with my boys so enjoying these few weeks while they last... would be lovely not to get it again!!!
    I guess that is why is doesn't really matter if we tell everyone in our lives because no one around us really cares in a good or bad way. In DH's family he was the only adopted child of 7 and a lot younger than his siblings (like around 20 years younger than the youngest sibling) and they never fully accepted him as family and they barely acknowledge us so they really won't ask us about the pregnancy. Last time after we had DS2 one of his sisters half glanced at him when we were at DH's parents house and said "oh it is another boy." Now his parents are involved in our lives but they had 7 children and I can't say they were excited about this pregnancy but they really don't care what we do with our lives as long as we don't ask them for help. My mom is very involved with our lives and knows we were TTC and knew the day I was testing so we definitely told her and my sister. The rest of my family could not care less so we don't have to worry about them asking anything. And we really don't have any friends as sad as that sounds but we don't, my DH is my best friend along with my mom and sister and he has some men he plays golf with that are much older than him. But we got married at 20 had our 1st at 21, our 2nd at 23 and are on our 3rd now at 25 so most of our old friends think we are crazy for choosing this married with kids life over partying and "living it up" like everyone else our age and they can't really identify with us anymore. But we really are happy with our lives even though I do feel a little lonely with no real "girlfriends" at times.
    Jamie
    Mama to
    Nathaniel (Nate or Nathan) (03/26/08) Logan (06/12/10) and BFP on 12/28/2011 after using swaying techniques from Gender Dreaming leading to Emma (09/06/2012)
    BFP on 7/13/14 Due 3/28/15 hoping for another

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My rule of thumb for telling people is: would I need their support if I had a miscarriage. Last time I had only told dh, my Mom and my 4 closest friends. When I had the m/c, I was happy they all knew because they were a great support to me as I dealt with my emotions (2 of them had had 11-12 week m/cs as well). So far this time I've only told my Mom and one friend, but I'm sure I'll expand and tell the other 3 before too long too.

I think the nausea might be starting because I felt a tiny bit queasy all last evening, and when I woke up in the night to pee, I was drenched in sweat and felt dizzy. I was worried I might have a fever, but my temp was normal. I also have bloating and near constant hunger. Seriously - my stomach will actually start grumbling an hour after I've eaten something. Going from the no snacking of the LE diet to this is very strange....
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, and I tested with a FRER 2 days ago, and even though it was mid-morning and I'd peed twice since waking up, my test line was just as dark if not darker than the control. I have one digi test left that I'm waiting to use in a few days, hoping I'll get "3-4 weeks" on it. I also admit I bought some of those 'Detect 5' tests that earlypregnancy.com sells that show 5 different levels of HCG . I know they're expensive, but after my m/c I need some peace of mind, especially as my baby likely died between 6 and 8 weeks last time and I didn't find out until 11 weeks. I'm planning to use one each week from 6 weeks until 8 weeks, and hopefully I can have an u/s by then to make me feel better.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah Mocha I agree about telling ppl if you would want their support in case of m/c... that is exactly what I think too!! I would be totally useless at keeping it to just us and I also would find it hard to hide for so long so slowly over time we will probably tell more but not let it totally out there until first scan and hopefully all is okay.
    OMG... also have been soooo hungry. Worried I am going to be huge if I keep this up for the next 9 mths!!!!

Jamie- Sorry to hear that about your DH's family. Lucky you have each other as that is all that matters really. Great that your Mum is so involved.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ohh finally got around to my tickers too... cute hey?! I ended up going pink and worried I would jinx it but it is already what it is so my ticker can't influence anything right!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mocha, expensive or not, your peace of mind is worth every single cent!! I totally agree that it's good to try to keep your eyes open...and I'd so get an early U/S. I got my 8 week confirmation U/S booked for Feb. 7th...I can't wait to get the correct dating to make Sept. 18th is right!

The only thing I don't like is that my tickers are somewhat incorrect...my green ticker assumes I O'ed exactly 14 days after I had my period, so it's putting me at 4 weeks exactly today, when it should be more like 4 weeks, 3-2 days...grr I know that's minor, but it's driving me crazy, LOL....inaccurate info! But it bases it off your LMP...so sigh...today was the day my period was due but it's definitely dryer than a Sahara desert down there, sorry for TMI.

We've told my Mom (she was OK, worried about it being a boy, sigh, can't help her there, the baby is what it is), told a few people at work that I'm really close to that if something were to happen, I'd want them to know. I had to confirm it to the crazy older black lady at work who "knew" someone at my work was pregnant and had a feeling it was me. Now she is saying it's going to be twins....WTH????

We've told his grandmother, only because she knew we were TTC'ing and she asked me point-blank. Going to tell my boss after my confirmation scan, but may tell him sooner, he's a really nice guy, it's just awkward I think telling a male boss "hey, I'm knocked up" ...lol, so we'll see.

I still have crampy feeling off and on down there, mostly on left side, but sometimes the right side kicks in (and then I think about the lady at work saying "twins" and it freaks me out, ahhaa) I told my DH that last night and he said, "What would we do with twins???" he got really worried, and I told him to calm down, we don't have twins in our family at all, so there is like no chance....right?
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BTW, sally girl, i LOVE your tickers! That pink fruit one is lovely, I will totally have to change it to pink if I hear "girl."
    Also love the other one with the elephant, how sweet and lovely!
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    auroara - I hate to tell you, but identical twins can happen to anyone at anytime - they don't run in families, they're just a genetic fluke. That being said, I hope you have only one bean in there!

As for the ticker problem - most will let you create the ticker based on EITHER your LMP or your ovulation date. I'm almost 100% positive the fruit ticker lets you do that since as I said that's the one I used last pregnancy and I remember it being accurate even though I O'd on CD16. You might want to go back to the site and check.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Love your tickers, sallygal! Now I'm feeling left out - almost the only one without the fruit ticker. Maybe it's time to cave in and use it again....

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mocha that post must have jumped in when I put mine in as I missed it. I agree with auroara... worth every cent for peace of mind so try not to think about the price.

Auroara you need a ticker that lets you put in due date or change your first day cycle date to match when you should be due. I tried a few different ones and they just annoyed me for the same reason!! Maybe I should change to green now... ahhh so superstitious but decided I picked pink because I like it! He he, so silly hey!

Page 5 of 296 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast