Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boy Names

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Riley Jackson Greer has a ring to it. My sister wanted to call her DS Riley but her ex put his foot down though it is his middle name. She wishes she had had it the other way as she doesn't like his first name.

When we found out DD2 was a girl I looked up names and posted them on Facebook. DH's cousin ended up using my favourite name but I didn't mind as hubby didn't like it. I'm not sharing our name this time though as we have decided boy or girl we're using the name or a variation of it. I think most know it though as it's been our boys name since we started talking babies lol. Never had girls names and they have been decided once we knew baby was a girl. This time I want to have a girl names just in case so we can bond before. Think I'll talk to hubby about it tonight so we can make sure it's settled on.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
    Plus-size SAHM of 2 c-section babies DD1 Aug '09; DD2 Dec '11 chemical May 2014
    WTT for no. 3

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL thanks girls! I am glad that I am not the only one that feels that way! I will give her Benjamin b/c she really did have a special relationship w/ her grandfather and honestly, I don't dislike it but it's not my first choice. DreamingInBlue - you hit the nail on the head. At this point, Riley Jackson is our first choice. Followed by Jackson Robert and Noah William.
    Mommy to Abigail Joyce 6/7/2010
    Evan Andrew 7/19/2012
    Riley Joseph 8/30/2014

Two angel babies in heaven 5/2013 & 8/2013

Hoping to add another princess in a couple years!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok so we have been talking to DD and she is almost 4 years old with the sweetest bubbly personality and has an opinion about everything. We just asked her "What do you want to name your new baby brother?" and she goes "Well, my options are Riley, Noah, and Jackson but I like Riley best". So, Riley it is! We are thinking RJ so we just need to decide for sure on a middle name! It was so funny listening to her b/c she is so animated about being involved with anything having to do with the baby. Here's another question - we were thinking about letting her come to my 20 week ultrasound and my MIL who of course has an opinion about everything - often too much of an opinion that she doesn't filter - said she thought it would be weird to let her come. It's on top of my belly and she understands that the baby is growing in mommy's belly. I don't think it's weird at all - I think it's nice to try to include her in some of this stuff since she is a little older now. I made a comment last night about feeling the baby move (flutters) and she came running over to me and said "Mommy can I feel him?" It was so cute and I just want her to feel excited and included if she wants to be. What is everyone's thoughts??
    Evan Andrew 7/19/2012
    Riley Joseph 8/30/2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would take her to An extra ultrasone for fun but not 20wks because that one is to see if there are any defacts. Ofc I hope there aren't and babe is perfectly healthy. If there is something it's not the best thing if shes there. So if everything checks out fine I would return with 26 Wks or so and bring her.

Here they rather don't have children present during 20wks scan.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this is a lush idea. My friend IRL said her son has asked to go with her when she has next scan which should be 20wks so I said she should ask sonographer tell him and let him tell them. Going to do with next one for sure.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
    Plus-size SAHM of 2 c-section babies DD1 Aug '09; DD2 Dec '11 chemical May 2014
    WTT for no. 3

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a good point sweetdream! I did ask when I scheduled it and they said big sis is welcome but I am actually doing an elective scan later in pregnancy - once I am into the 3rd trimester so I will just wait til then! It will be 3D at that point too so she will actually get to see him looking like a "real" baby, not just "gray" as she called the pictures last night lol. I love the idea of including her but I don't think I would be able to hide my emotions if heaven forbid we found a problem! I'm sure my MIL will have something to say no matter when we do it. She is a bit of a prude and loves to make unbelievably inappropriate comments without thinking about how it affects those around her. Sorry rant complete!! =X
    Evan Andrew 7/19/2012
    Riley Joseph 8/30/2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just Ignore your MIL. some ppl just don't think before they talk.

I think it's a great idea to take her later on. It's not weird to let her see it. I took my sons at the 28wk ultrasound too. they loved to see there baby brother. it made it more real. not only a big belly.
    It's not that you've let her watched while you guys MADE the baby! it's already a baby. and its there she wants to see. let her see! nothing weird about it. It's a belly for heavens sake...

Enjoy! think your doing a great job!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you sweetdream! I am sure that I am not alone feeling as though I have a MIL who oversteps. She just really has no filter at times and unfortunately, it has affected my relationship w/ her b/c she tells me how to parent, how to manage our finances, lectures us about how many kids to have, etc. and says "tell me if I'm overstepping" but then doesn't take it seriously when I or DH do speak up and say something - then I'm a "drama queen". It's really just over the top sometimes and this is no exception.
    Evan Andrew 7/19/2012
    Riley Joseph 8/30/2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Could you work on being relaxed with it? like in one ear out the other...?
    just pick your battles.. if it's not important let it go. cause she can tell a lot of things. but if you do what you want you can let it go.
    (You are deff a martha though lol.. I so know this. you want acceptence.. and hearing you're doing it well.. but I tell you something some ppl can't be pleased. stop trying to)

Only if it's something she does and you really can't let it go.. then step up.
    Just don't respond or laugh it off if she does.. if she says something bout the ultrasound you can say.. Luckly this is my belly and my baby and daughter.and with a laugh!

I once found the line.. MIL stop giving me parental advice, I've got one of yours and it still needs improvement. (something like this)

I know pg hormones messes with you. maybe you can try to create some distance for now.. because you want a nice quiet life. and its better with all of you in it.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast