Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

As you already knew - Women with high testosterone may be more likely to have sons

This article is mainly about Dr.Grant, the same doctor who did the cow study saying that the female has already "decided" which sex offspring to have before sperm get involved.

Here is the article:
    https://www.sott.net/article/186325-...y-to-have-sons

Basically, what Dr.Valerie Grant claims is that you give birth to the gender you are better suited to raise, however it isn't that black or white imo. The article goes on to say this towards the end:

"Anecdotally, it is always going to be easy to dismiss Grant's theory by coming up with someone who does not fit the mould. That is because most women can produce both-sex children. If you draw a normal distribution curve of testosterone, most women will fall in the middle; they have a medium amount and fluctuate from side to side across a middle line month to month, perhaps producing an egg adapted to an X chromosome one cycle, a Y chromosome the next."
    So, yes, the environment can change which is why I don't agree with Dr.Grant when she says some women are meant to ONLY have one gender and they shouldn't try for the opposite gender. If a typical boy mom has a girl, then her girl will probably be alot like her and a bit more masculine, so that would actually make her perfect for raising that kind of girl I'd say.

I do believe that there IS such thing as producing females that have more male characteristics (tomboy-ish) and males with more feminine traits. Both men and women can be more masculine or feminine depending on the mother's environment from my understanding. You can read this: Hormones Factors in Fetus Gender and Child Future Development | Health Doctrine

That's quite fascinating BECAUSE, I have every trait of a female who has high androgens. Type A personality, dominant, leader of the pack and so on and so forth. I have never felt like a girl mom at any point (although I love my DD to bits), nor do I have that ultra lovey dovey side to me, in fact, I have always struggled to be affectionate both with DH and my DD. Don't get me wrong, I am very empathetic and when I care, I care deeply. I am still a woman after all I just express my love differently I guess.

My mom gave birth to boys after me and she was also not the lovey dovey type with me as she was with the boys.She seemed to have preference for them, it is strange, its like she got along better with them lol. She was very dominant in the household and until this day she lifts weights 3-4 times per week and likes to be active, as well as loves to eat. We both are very strong physicallyand have always been able to lift very heavy objects and are hands on handy women. We do still like typical girly things like flowers and dresses though.

I feel like I got a girl my first time because I had bad habits, so did my ex, the household was very stressful (he was abusive) and I had just come off BCP's. I had PCOS and so we probably got like one attempt in before the egg arrived.

Sooooooo, moral of the story or what was the purpose of sharing this? I just found it very interesting and wanted to discuss. I also read an article in regards to Inuit peoples having more girls in modern times due to hormones in their food. I initially started today's research wanting to see if Inuits, who have a ketogenic diet, produce more girls or boys lol and I ended up with 20 tabs of information. I'll make a post about the other article later. I have a bit more research I'd like to do.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by cosmosis; November 11th, 2016 at 10:47 AM.
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017

2. Likes squigglepink, Grace, jdd1017, sigrid86 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't open the article unfortunately
    Mom of angel Liv (stillborn at 30w on 06/25/2016)

TTC rainbow baby
    Failed sway, due September 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually have her book.

I think we need to approach this idea with ~some~ caution. I do, absolutely, believe that there is a personality difference between boy and girl moms on the whole. BUT I feel like the jury is still out on whether this then translates to any detectable (or changeable) hormonal difference. Her whole theory is based on results on a personality test - unfortunately, other studies have not found a clearcut difference in T levels and female personality tests.

Plus, we are finding that Clomid, which actually raises testosterone, is swaying strongly pink. This doesn't seem to add up, does it?

We also have a fair body of evidence that indicates dudes are bringing something to the table as well.

Until and unless someone undertakes the study where they actually measure women's hormone levels just prior to conception and then relates that to the gender of the baby they conceive, I can't quite totally sign off on the idea. I WANT to, but I just can't, yet.

So - long story short...I don't want anyone taking a bunch of stuff to "raise testosterone" for TTC a boy. Too many people go out and hunt down 11 herbs and spices and start slamming them down, but this is all just very theoretical at this stage.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Likes cosmosis liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and her idea that some women are better suited or meant to have only one or the other, is just sheer unadulterated nonsense.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ