Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Just chatting!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mocha so sorry about your father

I go back to work on Monday I only had 3 1/2 months off this time. I am a teacher and we are starting the new year this week so it is hard to take more time off. I would love to stay home but we can't afford it. My husband is also self employed so we have healthcare through me. I am a little worried about how Lily will be Monday. She is so attached to me and cries when most people hold her. And now she is refusing a bottle after taking a little each morning for 3 weeks straight. I skipped one morning and now she won't take it. So I am worried that not only will she be crying all day because I am not there, but she won't be eating.
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My heart goes out to you Lobella. I think working moms are the most amazing individuals. It's tough and you are so strong. I stay home with my children and my husband works two jobs. It's hard no matter what road you go down. Is the person watching your child a relative, or someone you hired? I'm sure everything will go smoothly. I will be thinking of you. I was a nanny for years and I never knew how hard it was to leave your child and go to work until I had my own.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And btw I think teachers are angels on earth. My son is in 1st grade and I have so much respect and love for men and women who choose to educate. Such a priceless gift. Thank you.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awww thanks ThreeMenAndALAdy. I taught first grade for 6 years and loved it. I now teach 2nd. I found an in home daycare. She will just have 5 kids and the other kids are all older. My mom will be here for the first few days so at least she can pick Lily up early for her first few days at daycare. I have had to go back to work after each child. I think this time is the hardest because the daycare provider that I had with the other two and loved has retired I really like the new one I found, but I don't know her as well. I am sure everthing will be fine, but it will be a long and difficult first week for all of us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope today went well, Lobella, hope you have the energy to update us on how Lily did, and you did

Even though my DH is a stay at home Dad I know I will be sad when I return to my job after having Lillian...moms just want to be there
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for thinking of me today aurora Lily did better than expected. I did also. My daycare provider texted and took pics of her throughout the day and it made it easier knowing she was happy. She only ate about 3 ounces all day, but she still wakes up at night and she nursed 3 times before bed so I am not at all worried. She will get the hang of it. The daycare provider said she was very content, until she would offer her a bottle She didn't really cry at all. It makes it a whole lot easier to go back to work. I still wish I could be home with her, but at least I know she is okay.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yay lobella--glad it went well now that this is my 3rd week back--it feels as though I never left
    (born March, 2012)--IVF at RMANY (no GS for first one since no real preference-said we'd do it for second one)--23 eggs--12 fertilized with ICSI--1 frozen

March/April 2013--SIRM NY--23 eggs, 15 embryos, 2 girls transferred, 1 girl and 1 unknown (only 4 celled at day 3 so no biopsy) frozen. BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt, Beta at 8dp5dt=70, Beta at 10dp5dt=216 , 1 hb at 6 weeks, ob appt at 7w2d--wow it's twins!!! CVS--2 HEALTHY GIRLS! Our twin girls were born 6 weeks early, but doing fabulously and we are so in love!! Our family is complete!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    glad to hear it, lobella!
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lobella, glad it went well. Was thinking of you too. It's hard going back. I went back after ds1 at 3 and a half mths, he was my first baby and thankfully that's when my nightduty started but I only got 2-3hrs sleep in between my shifts. But I've aged years after 9yrs of nightduty!! When I moved back home I had a childminder for ds1 who was amazing, when she retired (when ds1 went to nursery school, aged 3) so I decided when ds2 was born to drop my hours from 3 nights per week to 2 nights and save on childminder fees.

Mocha, so sad about your dad, you have been on my mind recently and hoping you and your family are ok? I remember long before the twins came you said he was ill and I'm so sorry to hear that he passed away.

Auroara, how are you keeping? u can now say she'll be here next month!

I started weight watchers last week and lost 4lbs today!! Lots to go to squeeze back into my nurses uniform by the end of the year!!! The girls are 4mths old on friday, can't believe it!! they are still restless and I think it seems worse than it maybe is sometimes as there are two of them. REALLY need a better routine, but so hard with boys off school. Wish they would feed 4hrly instead of 3hrly and sleep at night without crying every hour, it's only for a minute or so, but that's me up again and again till they waken to be fed anytime from 3-6am, so variable...any suggestions???

Have workmates coming for a coffee tom at 11am, so need to tidy up tonight, iron everyones clothes etc... and it's almost 11pm...oops! sat here and on fb too long!!
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Inglewood. It was a long battle for my Dad. He only retired a year ago (he was 70 when he died), but his dementia and physical deterioration has been evident for years. In November he had a heart episode - one of many he had last year - that landed him in the emergency room. While he was there they discovered abdominal pain he'd been hiding which turned out to be a perforated bowel - and a cancerous growth. He never recovered from that surgery - he wasn't particularly mobile before, but he was still walking, making his own meals when my Mom wasn't home, climbing stairs, etc. But he just never got out of bed after surgery. The dementia accelerated rapidly, his body grew weaker, and when they discovered the cancer had spread they decided he was too frail for chemo or other treatment. The cancer eventually spread to his lungs and he died when the chest tube they'd put in stopped draining the fluid in his lungs.

The family's all doing as well as we can be. One of my brothers and I are having a tough time because we both had planned to see him the weekend before he died but ended up delaying our trips. We also weren't there with him when he died, though my oldest two brothers and Mom were.

I'm hoping to feel some closure after the funeral on Tuesday.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast