Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Argh hotdogz she is a stunner
    Three- I'm on my phone so a little landscape pic comes up that connects to your photo album! Not sure if it's the same on the computer! Sorry not much help at all. xx

Cycle 1: HRC march 2014 -NT- 14 retrieved, 3 fertilised, 3 to testing, all xy 1 normal.
    Cycle 2: HRC August 2014 -1 HB SEEN (EDD 14th may 2015)- 12 retrieved, 10 fertilised, 9 to testing, 3xy 6xx. 6 normals 2xy 4xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh. I have serious guilt. I need to tell someone who won't look at me crazy. Way back in March, I made a post on our DDC thread about a friend who had two boys and was hoping girl for her surprise pregnancy. She posted a pic online and everyone (including said preggo friend) were like "we just know it's a girl." But I saw a boy nub. A pretty clear one (13-14w sono) although we know it's not 100%. I asked what I should do (aka: burst the bubble, stay quiet) and I decided to keep my mouth shut, thinking she wouldn't love to hear some crazy nub theory from someone getting what she desperately wanted.

Fast forward a month and her gender scan revealed I was wrong, delightfully for mama. She was expecting a girl after all. I congratulated her and she began planning for her daughter. She had two 3D scans, seeing that baby looked like her other children, but she told me that baby was coy and kept herself hidden in those scans by crossing her legs tightly.

Welp...she delivered a healthy baby boy on Thursday. All her boy clothes from the older ones were sold, the nursery was all girl, girls name selected. I SHOULD have said something. I should have asked how sure that tech was at 18 weeks (I wonder if it was a "eh, I don't see boy parts." Our local one-stop-shop OB/sono isn't known for caring about your experience). I might have mentioned the nub theory and how hers looked rather boyish. I just feel like I *kinda* knew (enough to be shocked when she announced girl) and might have encouraged her to ask for another peek. I can't imagine how she felt when they pulled that baby out. I'm sure she adores him. He is super-cute. But the girly stuff would be tough. The shock and feeling like she lost a girl (it's their last).

I just wish I could have given her a second to prepare. It's not a huge deal. But I imagine she would have appreciated someone mentioning something if they felt it was off, especially since it turned out to be the shock of a lifetime.

**I know stories like this freak out GDers. But we are all obsessed with finding out and double checking. I don't think this was an all-out surprise in those regards. I think someone failed at doing a good job of looking and someone else heard what they wanted and ran with it. Not something ever likely to happen to the ladies on here. Just so it doesn't freak out someone passing by this thread (unlikely, but still)**

So yeah, I feel a little guilty for not saying something
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel so bad for your friend. Happy she had a healthy baby, but to have to get rid of all of the girl stuff must be heartbreaking. I would've done the same thing you did though and not said anything. It's such a tough call. I can't imagine something like that happening to me. I really hope she can make peace with this. I think I'd make my dh have another baby though...lol.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I agree with 3men too hun. I would have done the same, try not to feel bad. She might not have appreciated you telling her what you really thought at the time.
    Xx

Cycle 1: HRC march 2014 -NT- 14 retrieved, 3 fertilised, 3 to testing, all xy 1 normal.
    Cycle 2: HRC August 2014 -1 HB SEEN (EDD 14th may 2015)- 12 retrieved, 10 fertilised, 9 to testing, 3xy 6xx. 6 normals 2xy 4xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Ladies! It has been soooo long! We have had a lot of changes going on. My husband got a new job and we moved across state. Teddy is 6 months old now and has been sick a lot. It has been hard watching him be so ill all the time. Constant fevers and viruses...if it keeps going on we will do bloodwork and such, just giving it 1 more months time.

I have had terrible baby fever and my gd is worse than ever right now. I even thought I was pregnant this last month and was more than okay with it. however I was not and turns out I am having horrible problems. I hemorrhaged three times with my most recent period. Not sure if I was pregnant and miscarried or what happened. My uterus hurts all the time now and I need to see a doctor but I don't have insurance at the moment.

Hope everyone else has been well, I miss talking to you all.
    Here is a picture of my Teddy, taken yesterday! Such a happy boy when he isn't running ill.
    1385619_10100294463664589_740916364_n.jpg
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rosie, I've missed you so much!! I'm so sorry to hear about Teddy being sick. And you too!! So what's next as far as getting to the doc with no insurance? Does your dh have insurance with his new job? I can't tell you how often I've thought of you. Where did you move? No more Mall of America anymore!!
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And Teddy is absolutely beautiful. If you need to talk about your gd I'm here. My dh had a vasectomy last month and I still haven't come to terms with it.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone! It's nice to come back here and see you're doing fine. Rosie your Teddy is so cute! And teething already! Maybe that's why he has been ill??
    My baby boy is the sweetest , I'm enjoying him so much. I feel stupid for crying my eyes out when I found out I'm having a boy just a year ago... Nevertheless , my GD still raises it's head now and then. Whenever I see cute little girls in the park, or on their way to Balle class my heart kind of twitches, KWIM? This is so confusing. To be honest I'm terrified of trying again. I love being pregnant, but the giving birth part-well, not so much. Plus my baby was born prematurely so that also stresses me out. In addition, my DH doesn't want any more kids and I also never wanted more than three. If only there was a sure way to get a girl I think I would have gone for it. Am I going crazy???

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I forgot to mention that every month I find myself wishing I get pregnant unintentionally, but then I regret it immediately figuring it's probably going to be another boy

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Grace I do the same thing every month! haha I also get the twinges of jealousy when seeing little girls out and about and on facebook photos that my friends post.

Teddy is teething but it's not related to his fevers and ear infections...wish it were. He has been doing okay these last couple days so hopefully I have seen the last of it for a while.

Three---I actually moved closer to MOA LOL
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast