Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey ladies, no pic today but my Teddy is 11 weeks tomorrow and he had his first laugh this week..not just the throaty chuckle but the full out laugh, sooo cute! He is becoming more interactive with us and is very content. Sleeps 8 hours a night and rarely cries at all. He is small for his age coming in below average for everything so it's weird to me since my others were soooo tall and heavy. He does have super chubby cheeks though, they melt my heart.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by suregena View Post
    Otis is SO in love with her! He constantly says she is cute, pretty, lovingly referring to her as his "little baby sister Willow" - which is a mouthful! Haha! And he frequently (when she is on the play mat thing) lays next to her, holding her hand, giving her kisses, etc. He's shown no jealousy to her nursing (he only stopped in December!), when she cries he will say stuff like, "Uh oh! Momma, you give her the milkies?"
    He's a super big brother!

How is everyone, postpartum-wise?

I've only had three days so far that I've been home on my own with the two of them since she was born, and it's been kind of hard. For such a sweet boy, he's also bursting with energy, and I'm not yet at a point where I can happily take him and her outside because I'm nervous of him jetting off or doing something silly while I'm trying to walk with him (with her in the sling.) So I'm pacing myself. However, I find that since he's so cooped up... he's doing things to frustrate me... and I KNOW he's just a toddler with energy to burn, so I don't know why I keep reacting to him so angry and shout at him. It's making me sad and I cried out of guilt tonight when my husband got home. Hope this is just postpartum hormone stuff. He's my boy and I feel like such a shitty mom to him right now.
    Im having similar feelings. DD is 3 and since the baby has joined our family she has been driving me mad. She acts like a baby all the time wanting me to cuddle and rock and sing to her like i do for Cyrus it is very draining, she does naughty things to get my attention like draw on the walls and then i yell at her and send her to her room and she cries and i feel so guilty. Se loves Cyrus though and i am grateful that she isn't taking it out on him, but she insists on helping me do EVERYTHING with him like bath, nappy, holding, it just makes everything harder and longer, i find i just have to take a breath and remind myself that she wont be little forever and as much as i want her to grow up i dont, its hard emotionally. She only goes to kindy 2 days per week and the rest of the time its just me with the 2 of them at home, i dont go out either so she is climbing the walls by the time Daddy gets home, then she goes and hangs out with him. She has started saying she doesn't love me when we are at each other and it really hurts, i know she is just doing it because she feels less loved and that makes me really sad, so i try to do 1 on 1 things with her while Cyrus is sleeping like painting nails and reading books, but i really need to be doing washing etc... ahh end rant. I am lucky and blessed to have these kids

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm also having trouble with my 4th. He will be 2 in a few weeks and it seems like he's testing me every second of the day since the baby was born. He's poked him in the eye and hit him on the head a few times. I was so upset when he did that. I really feel like a need to clone myself. Today was the last day of school and I'm excited and dreading the summer all at the same time. I feel bad for my older kids because I won't be able to do everything they want to do with a 2 year old and infant.

And my little guy is 8 weeks old today. I can't believe how fast time has gone.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad your all well ladies lovely to see all your beautiful babies

Ds3 is being the same very attention seeking and having screaming fits with me. He didn't take well to teddy when he arrived. He just ignored him but last week he did hold him and give him lots of kisses so I think he may have accepted him now, took awhile!!! xx xx

Cycle 1: HRC march 2014 -NT- 14 retrieved, 3 fertilised, 3 to testing, all xy 1 normal.
    Cycle 2: HRC August 2014 -1 HB SEEN (EDD 14th may 2015)- 12 retrieved, 10 fertilised, 9 to testing, 3xy 6xx. 6 normals 2xy 4xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This was posted on FB, thought i would share

Dear Mum,

I've seen you around. I've seen you screaming at your kids in public, I've seen you ignoring them at the playground, I've seen you unshowered and wearing last night's pajama pants at preschool drop-off. I've seen you begging your children, bribing them, threatening them. I've seen you shouting back and forth with your husband, with your mom, with the police officer at the crosswalk.

I've seen you running around with your kids, getting dirty and occasionally swearing audibly when you bang a knee. I've seen you sharing a milkshake with a manic 4-year-old. I've seen you wiping your kids' boogers with your bare palm, and then smearing them on the back of your jeans. I've seen you carry your toddler flopped over the crook of your arm while chasing a runaway ball.

I've also seen you gritting your teeth while your kid screamed at you for making him practice piano, or soccer, or basket weaving or whatever it was. I've seen you close your eyes and breathe slowly after finding a gallon of milk dumped into your trunk. I've seen you crying into the sink while you desperately scrub crayon off your best designer purse. I've seen you pacing in front of the house.

I've seen you at the hospital waiting room. I've seen you at the pharmacy counter. I've seen you looking tired and frightened.

I've seen a lot of you, actually.

I see you every single day.

I don't know if you planned to be a parent or not. If you always knew from your earliest years that you wanted to bring children into the world, to tend to them, or if motherhood was thrust upon you unexpectedly. I don't know if it meets your expectations, or if you spent your first days as a mom terrified that you would never feel what you imagined "motherly love" would feel like for your child. I don't know if you struggled with infertility, or with pregnancy loss, or with a traumatic birth. I don't know if you created your child with your body, or created your family by welcoming your child into it.

But I know a lot about you.

I know that you didn't get everything that you wanted. I know that you got a wealth of things you never knew you wanted until they were there in front of you. I know that you don't believe that you're doing your best, that you think you can do better. I know you are doing better than you think.

I know that when you look at your child, your children, you see yourself. And I know that you don't, that you see a stranger who can't understand why the small details of childhood that were so important to you are a bother to this small person who resembles you.

I know that you want to throw a lamp at your teenager's head sometimes. I know you want to toss your 3-year-old out the window once in a while.

I know that some nights, once it's finally quiet, you curl up in bed and cry. I know that sometimes, you don't, even though you wanted to.

I know that some days are so hard that all you want is for them to end, and then at bedtime your children hug you and kiss you and tell you how much they love you and want to be like you, and you wish the day could last forever.

But it never does. The day always ends, and the next day brings new challenges. Fevers, heartbreak, art projects, new friends, new pets, new fights. And every day you do what you need to do.

You take care of things, because that's your job. You go to work, or you fill up the crock pot, or you climb into the garden, or strap the baby to your back and pull out the vacuum cleaner.

You drop everything you're doing to moderate an argument over whose turn it is to use a specifically colored marker, or to kiss a boo-boo, or to have a conversation about what kind of lipstick Pinocchio's Mummy wears.

I know that you have tickle fights in blanket forts, and that you have the words to at least eight different picture books memorized. I've heard that you dance like a wild woman when it's just you and them. That you have no shame about farting or belching in their presence, that you make up goofy songs about peas and potatoes and cheese.

I know that an hour past bedtime, you drop what you're doing and trim the fingernail that your 3-year-old insists is keeping her up. I know that you stop cleaning dishes because your kids insist you need to join their tea party. I know you fed your kids PB&J for four days straight when you had the flu. I know that you eat leftover crusts over the sink while your kids watch "Sponge Bob."

I know you didn't expect most of this. I know you didn't anticipate loving somebody so intensely, or loathing your post-baby body so much, or being so tired or being the mum you've turned out to be.

You thought you had it figured out. Or you were blind and terrified. You hired the perfect nanny. Or you quit your job and learned to assemble flat-packed baby furniture. You get confused by the conflict of feeling like nothing has changed since you were free and unfettered by children, and looking back on the choices you made as though an impostor was wearing your skin.

You're not a perfect mum. No matter how you try, no matter what you do. You will never be a perfect mum.

And maybe that haunts you. Or maybe you've made peace with it. Or maybe it was never a problem to begin with.

No matter how much you do, there is always more. No matter how little you do, when the day is over, your children are still loved. They still smile at you, believing you have magical powers to fix almost anything. No matter what happened at work, or at school, or in playgroup, you have still done everything in your power to ensure that the next morning will dawn and your children will be as happy, healthy, and wise as could possibly be hoped.

There's an old Yiddish saying: "There is one perfect child in the world, and every mother has it."

Unfortunately, there are no perfect parents. Your kids will grow up determined to be different than you. They will grow up certain that they won't make their kids take piano lessons, or they'll be more lenient, or more strict, or have more kids, or have fewer, or have none at all.

No matter how far from perfect you are, you are better than you think.

Someday your kids will be running around like crazy people at synagogue and concuss themselves on a hand rail, and somebody will still walk up to you and tell you what a beautiful family you have. You'll be at the park and your kids will be covered in mud and jam up to the elbows, smearing your car with sugary cement, and a pregnant lady will stop and smile at you wistfully.

No matter how many doubts you might have, you never need doubt this one thing: You are not perfect.

And that's good. Because really, neither is your child. And that means nobody can care for them the way you can, with the wealth of your understanding and your experience. Nobody knows what your child's squall means, or what their jokes mean, or why they are crying better than you do.

And since no mother is perfect, chances are you are caught in a two billion way tie for Best Mum in the World.

Congratulations, Best Mum in the World. You're not perfect. You are as good as anybody can get.

Writer - unknown

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^Awesome. Beyond awesome. I am trying to figure now to enlarge that to cover an entire wall in my house. Font size 56 sounds good. Beautiful sentiments.

In that vein, yes, we have had alternating troubles with the older dudes in our house. They love the baby. My older boy is so much more helpful than I would have given him credit for. He loves giving her her paci, rocking her in her bouncer, and is quick to jump if she makes a peep. Younger boy is interested in her, doesn't seem jealous at all (I was also shocked he didn't have some issues with nursing, he also stopped in December). But older boy has had tons of listening issues, especially when he knows I am otherwise detained. Partly age, I am sure. But he is one who likes to test limits anyway, by nature. So I find I am snipping at him more than I like to. And younger son has been more clingy. To be expected for sure, but sometimes I desperately need five minutes of no one touching me...and that just doesn't happen anymore. We had been doing our outside time everyday. We still do the park and play dates. So I don't know if that is an aspect, since our outward life looks a lot of the same. But I know I am not as "present" when we are hanging around the house. I am nursing or changing or getting something done as far as laundry, so I know they have been relied on more to play on their own. And they do. But we have our moments.

But overall, I think it's easier than I anticipated. So I guess it was good to "dread" how hard it was going to be with three and be happily surprised that I still do have a coherent thought in my head. That I still can manage to remember my underwear (hey, backwards is still on my body!).

I have my 6-week check tomorrow. I am alternately looking forward and dreading the dissection of my birth that I know is coming. I can't decide if I will cry or feel somewhat settled if the doc says he thinks stopping is a better idea for my complications. I won't take an unnecessary risk for another baby...but I think my mind already knows we will have another (if its safe enough). They are checking for retained placenta pieces too, I have had some issues physically healing. Fabulous. I am looking forward to having this behind me.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinss View Post
    Im having similar feelings. DD is 3 and since the baby has joined our family she has been driving me mad. She acts like a baby all the time wanting me to cuddle and rock and sing to her like i do for Cyrus it is very draining, she does naughty things to get my attention like draw on the walls and then i yell at her and send her to her room and she cries and i feel so guilty. Se loves Cyrus though and i am grateful that she isn't taking it out on him, but she insists on helping me do EVERYTHING with him like bath, nappy, holding, it just makes everything harder and longer, i find i just have to take a breath and remind myself that she wont be little forever and as much as i want her to grow up i dont, its hard emotionally. She only goes to kindy 2 days per week and the rest of the time its just me with the 2 of them at home, i dont go out either so she is climbing the walls by the time Daddy gets home, then she goes and hangs out with him. She has started saying she doesn't love me when we are at each other and it really hurts, i know she is just doing it because she feels less loved and that makes me really sad, so i try to do 1 on 1 things with her while Cyrus is sleeping like painting nails and reading books, but i really need to be doing washing etc... ahh end rant. I am lucky and blessed to have these kids
    Geez, I could have written that! Otis goes to his childminder twice a week, too... I'm not going out of the house yet so he's climbing the (climbing, bouncing, any other big action word!) walls. He's very good towards her but him and me are losing patience at times. I feel so bad. I suppose most mom's of number 2's (and more) have an adjustment period... I knew it would be hard but I wish I could ease up on him a bit since I know he's only 3 and doesn't really mean to work me up - he's BORED! And I'm boring to him and not giving him my complete attention. Poor kid.
    2010 - 1 DS
    2012 - Tried for a DD , and it worked!
    2013 - DD
    2017 - DD - didn't sway***

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel better that so many of you are going through similar things... it makes me feel a little less horrible knowing it's just part of all the adjustment and we all go through it.
    2010 - 1 DS
    2012 - Tried for a DD , and it worked!
    2013 - DD
    2017 - DD - didn't sway***

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Suregena the longest adjustment period I had was going from 1 to 2 kids. I was so overwhelmed. I would play out things in my head that could possibly happen if we went out so I stayed in. It didn't help that my 2nd was born a few days before Christmas either. It was hard to go out in the middle of winter with a newborn and toddler. And your outnumbered now...lol. It got much easier for me going from 2 to 3 and so on. I'm sure things will get better in the coming weeks.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah...the picture uploader is working! Here are a few from our end of things:

All three of my hoodlums:
    image.jpg

Just my girly, with her chubby cheeks.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast