Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof3boys View Post
    Mum23boys how is you little lady doing. I'm sure you are just thrilled to have her. I am completely in love with my little guy he is amazing and I can't imagine him being a girl at this point but part of me still miss the daughter I haven't had. My husband would kill me for wanting anoher but part of me really wants to try one more time. I know several people with four children but I don't know anyone with 5 so I think he and my family would think I'm crazy especially since we didn't tell anyone that we planned Mavus. I think they would think something was up if I accidentally got pregnant 2 times on accident.
    I don't know anyone with 5 children. I think people think I am crazy too. I felt the same way after Carson was born. I could not imagine him being a girl and loved him to pieces. Everyone thinks Lili was not planned, but we planned her.
    Mom of and born July 18th 2013.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl327 View Post
    Hi ladies. I only just found this thread. It is great to here how you are all getting on with your little ones. John is 7 weeks old today. He had his 6 week check up on Friday and is now 12lb 6oz and 65cm in length. I am bottle feeding as I have a very poor milk supply and would have to top up with bottles anyway but I gave him the colostrum in the hospital.
    We were very busy here over the last 2 weeks as DD had the chickenpox. Luckily DS seems to have escaped it. Here is a pic of the two of them

Attachment 13542
    They are so cute. I am glad he seemed to escape the chicken pox.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    Is anyone pumping to feed ? Amy is breastfeeding constantly !!! Yet if I express and give her expressed milk in a bottle (2oz) she then goes 2 hours between feeds yet with breast feeds she doesn't for some reason I think she gets too cosy and lazy and sleeps !! I like the idea of pumping and being able to see howuch she is getting each feed but I've also heard its alot harder than breastfeeding and can affect supply ? I would continue to breastfeeding at night ..... But bottles of expressed milk in the day . Can anyone offer advice ? Thanks

I am not pumping to feed, but do pump when I am full mostly at night or morning. The baby is more efficient in getting the milk out then a pump. Is she two weeks she might be going through a growth spurt. Go to www.kellymom.com it has some good advice.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone! Liliana is 6wks today. I can't believe it and time needs to slow down. I had my 6wk checkup yesterday and I am still trying to decide on birth control or if I should get a tubal. A tubal just seems so final and I get teary eyed just thinking about it, but I know I am done. I am thinking of trying the IUD for awhile. Any advice out there?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had the Mirena for 5 years before I had Mavus and really liked it. I didn't have any problems with it and I didn't have any periods which was a bonus.

As far as pumping goes I'm breastfeeding all day and pumping after the first two feeds in the morning and right before I go to bed. I seem to have a really low supply in the evening which is causing him to be upset a tug on the breast so the last couple of days I have breastfed him around 8 for as long as I can and then I try to pump afterwards so hopefully I will start producing more in the evening and gave him an ounce of the pumped milk from the morning. He has been sleeping from around 9pm to 5am then goes back to sleep until I wake him up at 7:30am when the other boys are getting up for school.
    200120042007June 24, 2013

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had the Copper IUD (Paraguard) and loved it! It has no hormones and good for 10 years. My hubby will be getting a vasectomy but because Layla was 4 weeks early, and spent the first two weeks in n out of the hospital, we had to put his procedure on hold until he can take more time off. I am getting Paraguard again tomorrow. For the first year the side effects are heavier periods and cramps but I get heavy periods and cramps bad anyway, so no big difference for me... My Gyno gives me Vicodin for cramps anyways. I would opt for no hormones if you're sensitive to them like me iluvmy4sons. Good luck
    My family is complete!!!
    2/2000
    6/2003
    4/2011
    7/2013

Swayed for a

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I'm still new to breastfeeding and I would love a glass of wine since I haven't had any for almost a year. What are the rules for alcohol and breastfeeding? I don't want to accidentally expose him to alcohol and I have no idea how it all works.
    200120042007June 24, 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof3boys View Post
    So I'm still new to breastfeeding and I would love a glass of wine since I haven't had any for almost a year. What are the rules for alcohol and breastfeeding? I don't want to accidentally expose him to alcohol and I have no idea how it all works.
    My understanding is that there's no clear study showing how much alcohol gets through in the breast milk. I guess pharmaceutical companies normally fund research and they've no interest in that. Therefore I'm not sure what the advice I've come across is based on. Having said all that, the advice is to only have a unit or two and to give a good feed just before so as to allow the body time to process the alcohol before your next feed. While breastfeeding DS1 and 2 I only drank on a rare evening out, when they'd been left with my ecpressed milk. By the middle of the night feed I'd have been clear as I never drank much. Most of my friends however just had a drink with dinner here and there so it's up to you really.
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The bf advice here is that alcohol can't pass into your milk however it can affect your let down reflex making it difficult for the baby to latch and feed. I've always avoided it until they are established feeders and not had more than one vino until they sleep throu and then maybe pushed the boat out and had two ;-)

My breast feeding councillor recommends a glass of wine a day! (She's Nhs qualified midwife!)
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Alcohol passes freely into mother's milk and has been found to peak about 30 to 60 minutes after consumption, 60 to 90 minutes when taken with food. Alcohol also freely passes out of a mother's milk and her system. It takes a 120 pound woman about two to three hours to eliminate from her body the alcohol in one serving of beer or wine...the more alcohol that is consumed, the longer it takes for it to be eliminated. It takes up to 13 hours for a 120 pound woman to eliminate the alcohol from one high-alcohol drink. The effects of alcohol on the breastfeeding baby are directly related to the amount the mother consumes.

Excess levels may lead to drowsiness, deep sleep, weakness, and decreased linear growth in the infant. Maternal blood alcohol levels must attain 300 mg/dl before significant side effects are reported in the infant. Reduction of letdown is apparently dose-dependent and requires alcohol consumption of 1.5 to 1.9 gm/kg body weight (6). Other studies have suggested psychomotor delay in infants of moderate drinkers (2+ drinks daily). Avoid breastfeeding during and for 2 - 3 hours after drinking alcohol.
    Reasonable alcohol intake should not be discouraged at all. As is the case with most drugs, very little alcohol comes out in the milk. The mother can take some alcohol and continue breastfeeding as she normally does. Prohibiting alcohol is another way we make life unnecessarily restrictive for nursing mothers.

I used to have a glass of wine or beer and avoid breast feeding for 3 hours or so. There's also these if you're really worried about it...

Milkscreen Test - 20 Count | BabiesRUs

And this website was very helpful when I breast fed
    http://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastf...style/alcohol/
    My family is complete!!!
    2/2000
    6/2003
    4/2011
    7/2013

Swayed for a

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast