Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Ladies! Hope you're all doing well. I took Maggie to her first visit to our family doctor today and discovered that my sweet baby girl has a mild form of Spina Bifida. My midwives told me that the deep, long dimple on her lower back was nothing to worry about but my doctor tells me that it certainly looks like a form of spina bifida. It makes sense actually, DH's side of the family has a long and tragic history with the disease. I took extra folic acid to try to prevent it but it caught up with us Maggie may be one of the lucky ones who have few or no symptoms at all or she may have some issues down the road. At this point, there's no way to know for sure. I'm going to call the doctor's office tomorrow and demand an ultrasound of her back. I'll keep you guys in the loop.
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    Hey Ladies! Hope you're all doing well. I took Maggie to her first visit to our family doctor today and discovered that my sweet baby girl has a mild form of Spina Bifida. My midwives told me that the deep, long dimple on her lower back was nothing to worry about but my doctor tells me that it certainly looks like a form of spina bifida. It makes sense actually, DH's side of the family has a long and tragic history with the disease. I took extra folic acid to try to prevent it but it caught up with us Maggie may be one of the lucky ones who have few or no symptoms at all or she may have some issues down the road. At this point, there's no way to know for sure. I'm going to call the doctor's office tomorrow and demand an ultrasound of her back. I'll keep you guys in the loop.
    Ah Jadis, I'm so sorry to read this news. But on the other hand so glad to hear it is just mild. I actually had to google it because I've not really heard much about it before, so it's good to know that mild cases sometimes have no symptoms! How are the other's in the family who have it? All mild cases as well? Hopefully they get you in quick for an xray so you have more info. My thought are with you, keep us posted!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    My 4th son has one of those and my dr. said there was nothing to worry about. He is totally fine. I hope it will be the same for Maggie.
    Mom of and born July 18th 2013.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    iluv-thank you for saying that! I also got a pm from another woman here who's son has it and is totally fine. I take huge comfort in those messages because I absolutely panicked yesterday. It felt like a huge deal to me, just the word 'spina bifida' was terrifying. Thanks again.
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's very quiet in here! Thought you ladies might get a kick outta this. My baby is a cover girl!

1014238_467314910032812_1360628631_n_zps350cb874.j pg Photo by Jadis6 | Photobucket

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jadis what a stunner !!!
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well Amy is an angel if a baby despite acid reflux and some problems with her bowels. I still can't believe we have her !
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We had to start giving Mavus formula because he gained less than 1 pound in 6 weeks, but I have about 400+ ounces of breastmilk in the freezer and I can still pump during the day. Is it better to use my breast milk up now and give him just a couple of bottles of formula a day or to spread the milk that I have out over the next couple of months giving him a couple of bottles of it a day once my milk dries up..
    200120042007June 24, 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mommy A friends baby weight gain was poor breastfeeding g turns out baby wasn't latched on properly so not getting enough milk so now she expresses every 3 hours and bottle feeds him - might that be worth trying ?
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey girls hope you're all well. Sorry I've been mia... The flu has hit our house and just when I thought it had missed me, I'm feeling terrible today. Lachlan is 5weeks old today. He's just define. He suffers from reflux so I'll get it checked at the gp. He's quite stressed some times and fairly unsettled. He gasps or gags after an hour after a feed and screams. Poor little man...but he is still gaining. I went to full formula because I didn't want to express any more because he wasn't latching on at all. Its sad because I've not fed any of my kids because of the same issues. Never mind... My dh still loves my boobs lol. OK I'm going to hibernate. Woe is me today :-)
    6 4 Dec 09 2 August 2013

Our sway worked:-) Thank you everyone.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast