Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I started giving him breastmilk in the am and pm and formula the rest of the day and he picked up quite a bit of weight but then he got constipated from the formula so now I'm back to breastfeeding him mostly and just giving him formula if he wakes up in the middle of the night and once during the day. Luckily I had been pumping every 3 hours so I still had plenty of milk. He seems to be latched pretty well and my breasts feel empty after he eats but I really don't know because I've never breastfed before. When I was pumping I usually can get around 4 ounces each time so hopefully I'm producing enough.
    200120042007June 24, 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pop in. Hudson is 4 months old and today had his doctor's appointment. He weighs 17lbs 6oz now. We have started to feed him cereal here and there but he is still just nursing. Not much has changed otherwise. Still sleeping great at night, and he is now starting to sit up! He can do it on his own for 30 seconds.

Hope all the babies and mama's are doing well!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's great DVD, my older boys didn't sit up until they were at least 6 months. Mavus turned 3 months old yesterday and finally seems to be growing. I've tried several times to post pictures and can't seem to get them on but I'm going to try again after I get the pictures from today's session. He started rolling over on Sunday from his belly to his back. I'm not sure though if he is doing it intentionally though or if he just rolls over because he bobs his head to the side and the rest of his body just happens to follow. It's really funny to watch.

When my older boys were babies everyone started their babies on cereal at 4 months and now doctors are saying to wait until 6 months.. What does everyone on here do? I did cereal at 4 months for a couple of weeks and then started introducing vegetables one at a time every few days and then fruits after that one at a time with the other boys and I feel like he will be ready to start some solids by the time he gets to 4 months but I wasn't sure if I should hold off. cVD I saw that you were giving Hudson cereal, do they start cereal at 4 months where you live?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof3boys View Post
    That's great DVD, my older boys didn't sit up until they were at least 6 months. Mavus turned 3 months old yesterday and finally seems to be growing. I've tried several times to post pictures and can't seem to get them on but I'm going to try again after I get the pictures from today's session. He started rolling over on Sunday from his belly to his back. I'm not sure though if he is doing it intentionally though or if he just rolls over because he bobs his head to the side and the rest of his body just happens to follow. It's really funny to watch.

When my older boys were babies everyone started their babies on cereal at 4 months and now doctors are saying to wait until 6 months.. What does everyone on here do? I did cereal at 4 months for a couple of weeks and then started introducing vegetables one at a time every few days and then fruits after that one at a time with the other boys and I feel like he will be ready to start some solids by the time he gets to 4 months but I wasn't sure if I should hold off. cVD I saw that you were giving Hudson cereal, do they start cereal at 4 months where you live?
    Glad he is growing and rolling mommyof3boys!

Here you hear both recommendations, depends who you talk to, some say 4m is ok.. some say they only need breastmilk/formula till 6m. I kinda just went with my mommy instinct lol he only eats it about every other day cause I am kinda nervous to introduce too much but at 17.5lbs he's nursing every 2 hours still during the day so it's nice to give him cereal and get a break LOL. I use the cereal that's mixed with breastmilk rather then water, he does really well with it so I will probably start giving more soon. With DS1 I waited till the 6 month mark and at 6 months he was 19lbs, but he sure didn't nurse as much as Hudson does when he is awake! Hope it goes well when you start to introduce it.
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mommy it changed in the uk when my third was little, it got pushed back to six months and then its straight in with proper food. The health visitor told me at the time that new research found that babys guts went mature enough until between four and five months to handle proper food. Apparantely when the guidline was at 4 months some people were bringing it back to three months and the babes were ending up with problems (i know my mom weaned me at 12 weeks when the advice then was 16-17 weeks). If they moved it to 6 months most moms were waiting til five months which stopped the problems.

but then you end up with the problem that at six months weaning has to move on really fast and they recommend you don't puree which is hard as babies are at risk of choking and they struggle to eat any sort of quantity for a long time if your only giving finger food.

with my little lad the compromise i had was to wait til nearly five months and then i did two weeks of baby rice then moved the rice to tea (i think) and introduced a veg at lunch pureed and carried on like that. I did give some fingers foods alongside for developmental purposes but the quantity came from the puree and this was backed by the health visitor, i will do the same with my little girl at five months ish. Its more about what you and your baby are comfortable with as long you don't started before 17 weeks x
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all, its crazy here. My little man is 6 weeks old now. He's been difficult with his reflux and being extremely unsettled. Yesterday, after having about 2 hours of broken sleep I decided to try him on different formula. I got the novalac reflux and it seems to have settled him...well its only day one so fingers crossed. Because he is only having small feeds he'd eating every 3hours around the clock. At least now he's not screaming after feeds. He's started giving us smiles so it makes all the hard work worth it. We are having our 6 week check up with the gp this morning which includes my pap smear...yuck and his immunisations. Tomorrow he has a scan on his hips. He recently had a surgical review and the wound has healed well, however over the past week he's developed an umbilical hernia which they aren't doing anything about and he has also developed an inguinal hernia on the other side, so he's having surgery again on Monday. We are waiting results too of his kidney scans. This little man has definitely put the wind up us...pregnancy and earth side. He is just beautiful and we wouldn't change it for the world. His sisters adore him so much.

Well here's some photos of Lachlan taken last night at 6 weeks old and a photo of all of my children...although trying to get them to sit still and look at the camera is near impossible :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    6 4 Dec 09 2 August 2013

Our sway worked:-) Thank you everyone.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies just read All the updates and glad everyone's little ones are doing well Amy has been smiling from 4 weeks and at 6 weeks gives little chuckles - seems very early but it's definately not wind as if happens all day when she is tickled or babbled too etc

Here are some recent pics .... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380487256.632787.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380487276.417989.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380487293.001304.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380487309.251418.jpg
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lovely. I think we're getting smiles now too. Here's Jasper and his brothers
    20130922_104700.jpg
    20130927_175807.jpg
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They are both adorable!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    6 week check up today at 7 weeks + 2 days old and everything is ok - they have taken her off latalose incase she is intolerant and given her Movicol instead to try along with her reflux meds so will see if that helps her.
    She weighed in at 9lb 9
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast