Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

June July August 2013 baby club

Hi girls thought I'd start a topic for those of us with our babies to hop across to to chat ....
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay! Great idea I keep going back to the other thread but there isn't a lot of posting going on. I have also been trying to find a thread relating to breastfeeding. This is the first baby I have breastfed so I have lots of questions and look stuff up online but it would be great to have people I am familiar with to ask. My family is no help they think breastfeeding is disgusting and have went as far as saying it out loud and keep telling me that I need to give him a bottle every time he is fussy.
    200120042007June 24, 2013

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mum23boys how is you little lady doing. I'm sure you are just thrilled to have her. I am completely in love with my little guy he is amazing and I can't imagine him being a girl at this point but part of me still miss the daughter I haven't had. My husband would kill me for wanting anoher but part of me really wants to try one more time. I know several people with four children but I don't know anyone with 5 so I think he and my family would think I'm crazy especially since we didn't tell anyone that we planned Mavus. I think they would think something was up if I accidentally got pregnant 2 times on accident.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Hun good on you for breast feeding - I've done so for all 4 for varying amounts of time but have always stopped before they are 1 I'm not sure how long ill survive this time. Amy is cluster feeding from 7pm-11pm but it means she goes 3.5 hours instead of 2 at night so I can't complain !!
    I love your sons name :-) I think we would have gone for 5 if we had another boy :-)
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. He cluster feeds in the evening too but is usually ready for bed around 8 and will sleep until after 2 then go back to sleep until around 5 or 6. I'm not really sure how long I will breastfeed. For now I'm just trying to stick with it for as long as I can and pump and freeze as much as possible so that I will be able to give him breastmilk for awhile afterwards. (I think I have about 300 ounces so far)

It took us until about an hour before we left the hospital to come up with his name. We had debated on Mavus and Owen while I was pregnant and narrowed it down to Owen Michael (Michael is my husbands brothers name). He would have had the initials OMG but since we were naming him after someone we were fine with it. Then when we were in the hospital my husband decided he didn't want to use Michael and wanted his middle name to be Mavus. I didn't want to give him the initials OMG if we weren't naming him after someone so we spent the entire time we were there trying to figure out which first name to use and a middle name for either. We eventually asked the boys which first name they liked best and decided to use Owen for the middle name because we all liked it too.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey there ladies. Sounds like the breastfeeding is going well. Jasper isn't is any pattern yet that I can see so I'm a bit sleepy but I nursed the other two until nearly one year old so I'm sure we'll get the hang of it again. I find it so weird that people think it's disgusting and even more so that family members can't zip their lips! Keep it up Mommyof3!
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Breastfeeding is disgusting?! That's a terrible thing for people to be saying to a mum who's trying to master nursing. Very inconsiderate and unsupportive in my books. Maggie is nursing like a champ and I happen to think that breastfeeding is lovely once you've got the hang of it I nursed my boys until they were each 6 months and then, very sadly, gave it up when my milk supply started to taper off. I'm going to aim for 6 months again with Mags but would be thrilled to go even longer. She's still sleeping like a dream! Down around 8pm, up at 3am for a quick feed and down again till 6 or 7am. I'm a very happy camper.

Speaking of 'camper', I feel like the entire summer was written off because we had a baby. We haven't gone away or done anything fun with the kids because we were so busy settling into life with Maggie. We're thinking of buying a camping trailer ('caravan' for you U.K. mamas), does anyone have one? Get a lot of use out of it? We're hoping to go camping often next summer.
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey ladies... Finally I can get back on. Life with 4 is busy. None of my girls were successfully breast fed due to attachment issues and I have massive nipples and babes with small mouths. I've expressed for up to 8 weeks and then formula fed. I have always had a great supply though so it always saddens me that I've not been able to do it. So my little Mr is much the same. I'm pumping as I type. I hate it. I'm trying hard but he just screams. I'll see the lactation consultant again this week and see if she has any more tips....

As for us, we've settled in OK after a bumpy start. My little man was born breech and a little flat. He had an operation at 5 days old for an inguinal hernia repair and to fix his tongue tie. He is on daily antibiotic for bilateral kidney dilation see during scans. Hoping he gets the all clear mid September after his scan. Then he will have a hip scan due to breech presentation and strong family history of hip dysplasia. So lots of appointments here.

Well my arm is about to drop off and I've pumped 100mls each side. Good to read everyone's doing OK x
    6 4 Dec 09 2 August 2013

Our sway worked:-) Thank you everyone.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm lucky if I can pump 1-2 oz !! Any suggestions on increasing milk supply rather than constant nursing as Amy is already doing that !!
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Every hour ..... Since 10am it's been non stop exhausted and if I'm honest a little bit teary :-( any one else's 2 week old this demanding for feeds ? I really dont want to supplement
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast