Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's another helpful link to a weaning food introduction schedule in English when you want to apply baby led weaning.
    Borstvoeding.com: kenniscentrum voor borstvoeding - Schema - Weaning food introduction schedule for babies older than six months

Unfortunately the rest of the site is not in English, because it's my bible when nursing ;-)

For baby led weaning you may also want to google 'Rapley method'
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! I really wish I had of heard of this with my first!!
    Curious - why do they say not to reheat left overs for babes? I often eat left overs as my lunch
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're welcome!
    I think the reheating is about nutricional values that'll decline during reheating. I don't know exactly if this is based on sound scientific evidence ;-)

Enjoy the baby led weaning! Letting them eat yoghurt or spaghetti with tomato sauce is def the messiest meals you would have (not to mention broccoli ;-)) but def the most fun! It's lovely to see how they enjoy eating as they discover the structure and taste of a variety of food.
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How is it going now with nursing and complementary feeding?
    Hope you're ok!
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigwish View Post
    How is it going now with nursing and complementary feeding?
    Hope you're ok!
    Hi! Thank you for asking, he had his 6 month needles last Thursday and is now sick so it seems we are just hitting a rough patch. I stopped giving formula at night time cause it seemed to not be working anymore but now he is only waking to feed at 4am then 8am (before it was 3am, 5am, 8am). So I am just trying to keep up with him I am assuming the extra feeding was for a growth spurt which is now over. He has also calmed down and isn't attacking me quite as much thankfully!!
    Complementary feeding is going well! He loves it, he gets so upset if I am not sharing lol. It just makes me nervous at times because I feel he has trouble with the swallowing - I don't want him to choke! How do you deal with that?
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, the reheating is a food poisoning preventative, becos babies are more sensitive to microbes in food than older folks are. So things that would not make us sick can give babies diarrhea.

PS - me too on the choking risk!!! I saw someone give their tiny baby a whole banana and I was in a cold sweat the entire time because he choked like 50 times...I know this is not popular but I do prechew food and it's worked well for my three little ones (would never have dared do such a thing with my first two LOL)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, that gagging can look awful, but it's actually preventing him from real choking. The reflex for gagging is really in the front of his mouth and will gradually get to the back as he gets older.

My experience is that at first they will gag relatively often but as they get handier with food they don't anymore.
    Try to experiment with different sizes, sometimes the smaller, the more they gag. Make sure you cook really hard food, like apples a short time.
    And keep faith that he'll know how to handle too big a piece; by gagging it to the front and spitting it out. Off course: know what to do when he really seems choking (baby first aid) but i actually never heard of babies choking when applying this method (but there will be stories on the net, i don't doubt that). The theory is that they'll choke more easily in half pureed food than in whole pieces.

Glad the growth spurt is over and he's now more easy to nurse :-).
    All the best!
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12