Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And I just count all the macros and calories on all the veg bc it’s easier and usually what you say not to count is a negligible amount anyway, so I think I’ve been on the right track. This is the validation I was looking for, so thank you!

Upping the exercise and limiting the goldfish crackers and Doritos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, as long as that works for you! When we have people eating a lot of fruit and veg, they can really be off in their estimation vs. reality by counting them, but when you're not eating a lot, then it can work out.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes dtwiddy13 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello again!
    We just got back from our week long trip to England, and I get my IUD out in 3 days. I have OPKs and will start testing once the IUD is out.
    Please explain what my husband should be doing prior to me getting a positive OPK. I’ve read things that mention free release, regular release, “doing what he does,” and other vague references to masturbation, but I can’t tell the difference between these different terms. I’m not sure how often he masturbates, and I saw that another option is having sex with me using a condom as birth control. What is recommended, how often, and for how many days prior to my predicted ovulation/+OPK/attempt?

Thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went back and looked at your sway plan, and my suggestion was for your husband to release on his own or with you, with a condom, for 7-10 days (up to 14, but no more than that) before your attempt at first pos OPK, not ovulation. This is what we call frequent or "daily" release. I have moved away from using the term "frequent" as people get really confused by it, just thinking it simply means sex more often than they're used to (and thus are using the term in very different ways with no standard interpretation). I try to use daily more and more for clarity, but the term "frequent" simply means daily, they're the same thing.

That is what most people choose to do. But if you wanted best odds of conception from the start you could have him do regular release instead of daily – that means release every 2-4 days on his own or with you, with a condom. Or even just let him “do what he does” (releasing whenever he normally would without dwelling on when that way). We can also go to either of these techniques if you have tried the daily release above and it did not work for you, or if you’ve tried it a couple months and are ready to boost odds of conception, or if your husband thinks it's just too much.

You can absolutely do these releases with you, with a condom. That's totally fine. A lot of people do it that way!

It's all kind of confusing I know so just let me know if that's not clear!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, that does help clarify; thank you.

So, if Premom is predicting I’ll ovulate on CD14, then I’ll likely get a positive OPK on CD13, which is when we should make our attempt, so DH should start daily releases any time between CD3 and CD6 and continue daily releases through CD12, then we would attempt on CD13 (if that’s when we get a positive OPK).

If that’s too much or it’s taking too long to conceive, he can release every 2-4 days starting around CD1 and taking a break after our attempt? (Or should it be continuous through the month?)

“Regular” Release (every 2-4 days) Example: CD3, CD6, CD9, CD12, attempt on CD13, break. CD2, CD4, CD6, CD8, CD10, CD12, attempt on CD13, break. CD4, CD8, CD12, attempt on CD13, break.

“Daily/Frequent” Release
    Example: CD3, CD4, CD5, CD6, CD7, CD8, CD9, CD10, CD11, CD12, attempt on CD13, break. CD6, CD7, CD8, CD9, CD10, CD11, CD12, attempt on CD13, break.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. I would probably have him start LATER rather than sooner, as what so often happens is that people end up Oing later than they expected and then their hubby is completely exhausted by the time the attempt shows up.

Another reason you'd want to go to reg. release is if you are on Clomid or Femara. In that case you'd go to reg. release plus one attempt the SECOND month on the medication.

With the regular release, yes, you can have him do that all month but you can occasionally have it go a little longer or have two in a row, that's no biggie. You're just trying to have him "clean the pipes" for good levels of sperm, and avoid many days of release in a row OR longer than 5 days of abstain.

8. Thanks dtwiddy13 thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got my IUD removed on 8/29. I couldn’t tell when my period was before that since I wasn’t bleeding with the IUD in. I spotted for several days since the IUD removal. I’ve been using OPKs since the removal to try to pinpoint where I am in my cycle. Yesterday, I had a gradual LH rise, so I thought I’d get a peak OPK today. The app is predicting O today. I know the IUD removal and the sway itself can move O day around. The two tests I took today were before eating anything just because I expecting the LH to continue to rise, so maybe that will still be the case when I test after lunch and after dinner. I’m trying to pinpoint when we should be making our one attempt. I don’t want to miss O-1 day. I’ll keep testing, but any advice based on these circumstances?
    Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I think we're just not going to be able to use what happened on the IUD to help us now.

It's normal for the lines to dance back and forth from slightly darker to slightly lighter; it may be a fade in but it doesn't always happen that way.

I would just keep testing and wait for that positive! But don't expect it when it was coming on the IUD, that's all. It may be the same, but it may be different.

11. Likes dtwiddy13 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Update: I got a very clear positive OPK in the evening on 9/5. DH had already released that day, so our attempt was 3 parts lol. Part 1 no release for either of us. Part 2 female orgasm, but no release from DH. Part 3 no female orgasm & DH finally released lol. Today is 13 DPO. I’ve been taking pregnancy tests every morning since 6 DPO (I was hoping twins would maybe show early lol). I’ve been taking LH tests in afternoon/evening and that went down, but I’ve had my eye out for another rise. Yesterday, I took a pregnancy test with a cheapie, and then with a First Response, and my husband and I both thought we could see a faint line on the FR test, but it could’ve been an evap line. Today, 13 DPO, I started spotting very little. I was at the beach & in a pool & saw a small spot in my bathing suit when I got home. None in underwear since, but dark & pink when wiping sometimes. I read this could still be implantation bleeding as late as 15 DPO and that it could take another 7 days for HCG to be detectable after that, so I’m not losing hope. I am just disheartened being in this no-man’s land of having to continue the diet in case I’m not pregnant, but not able to drink on the beach in case I am pregnant lol. It’s not the end of the world if we have to try again next cycle by any means, but I hate not knowing. I have no idea how long my cycle is or anything bc it’s my first month off the IUD.
    Kind of just sharing so you can give me a pep talk or be real with me lol. Thanks

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dtwiddy13 View Post
    Update: I got a very clear positive OPK in the evening on 9/5. DH had already released that day, so our attempt was 3 parts lol. Part 1 no release for either of us. Part 2 female orgasm, but no release from DH. Part 3 no female orgasm & DH finally released lol. Today is 13 DPO. I’ve been taking pregnancy tests every morning since 6 DPO (I was hoping twins would maybe show early lol). I’ve been taking LH tests in afternoon/evening and that went down, but I’ve had my eye out for another rise. Yesterday, I took a pregnancy test with a cheapie, and then with a First Response, and my husband and I both thought we could see a faint line on the FR test, but it could’ve been an evap line. Today, 13 DPO, I started spotting very little. I was at the beach & in a pool & saw a small spot in my bathing suit when I got home. None in underwear since, but dark & pink when wiping sometimes. I read this could still be implantation bleeding as late as 15 DPO and that it could take another 7 days for HCG to be detectable after that, so I’m not losing hope. I am just disheartened being in this no-man’s land of having to continue the diet in case I’m not pregnant, but not able to drink on the beach in case I am pregnant lol. It’s not the end of the world if we have to try again next cycle by any means, but I hate not knowing. I have no idea how long my cycle is or anything bc it’s my first month off the IUD.
    Kind of just sharing so you can give me a pep talk or be real with me lol. Thanks

Oh, forgot to add that after the spotting, I went and bought 2 more FR tests. I took one (not FMU) and it was negative. Should I take the other FR tomorrow or save it for a few more days? I have the digital and rapid FR tests at home, but we are at the beach until Thursday, which would be 16 DPO. My Premom app is predicting my period to start tomorrow at 14 DPO.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast