Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to still have an attempt ASAP in case you haven't ovulated.

We have two ways to count the e4d. One is every 72 hours (and that is what I want you guys to do here.) This IS every four days because people count it as Day 1 (attempt) Day 2 (skip), Day 3 (skip), Day 4 (attempt.) Other people stretch this another day to every 96 hours. But most of us do the 72 hour approach, and it doesn't need to be that exact number of hours it's just that is how to count the days.

You can't just randomly take a temp, it doesn't mean anything, but I still strongly urge you to have an attempt ASAP and please from here on in always have attempt, when in doubt have attempt because I can't always be on here to answer every day. Today very possibly not too late for an attempt, please have one at the first available opportunity.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic,

Did have an attempt last night (sunday) but from what i think, that as far too late.

I think I ovulated on Saturday 8pm from what I felt, 36 hours after positive opk. Temp stayed same though 36.6 yesterday, 36.6 this morning. Very dry since then. But no ultrasound to confirm, so in doubt, dtd again last night.

If I ovulated on Saturday night, that would be a complete 3 day cut off :-( (72 hours)... chances are tiny tiny right ? :-(

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We can't know when you ovulated though. now if you see a big temp rise tomorrow it may be that you will have more info, but for now we just can't tell.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AF came this morning... 3 days late. I had really sore boobs, cramping a lot, I really thought something was up... but no :-(.

Atomic, I had a few cheating days. I voluntarily gave myself a bit more food to compensate for all that diet and weight loss. Had a couple of toast and a fruit in the morning for 4 days (at about 9:30 am), let myself have a piece or 2 of chocolate after each lunch and diner for a few days. Didn't go overboard, but cheated a bit to give my body a bit more fuel. Is it going to hurt my sway really bad ? :-( It felt really good to have a full stomach though :-(. But been back to "serious mode" for the past 4 days.

I'm really starting to think it's never going to happen now. With me turning 40 this month, it's like the end of the world, end of my dream... too risky for a down syndrome baby, baby will have old parents, too risky for my health and so on and so on...i'm feeling i've hurt my body for so long trying on that diet (this diet is healthy, but Dr Papa's really really strict), and all that continuous deception with not being able to DTD on the days we have to, and seeing AF arriving everytime. My eggs must be too old...

It's been a tough year...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Remember OLC - I have wanted you to loosen up on diet!! So yes I think that's just fine! In fact I really really urge you NOT to go back to strict mode.

I had my daughter at 42 and she will be eight years old tomorrow, and is perfectly healthy. I know they say so many scary things but they are based on very old data from the 1600's!! More and more women are getting pregnant over 40 and while chances of chromosomal abnormalities do rise the vast majority of babies are born perfectly healthy. We have lots of women on this site and elsewhere who have healthy babies over 40.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,

I hope this email finds you well...
    After 15 cycles, I got my BFP today at 14 dpo...

I felt I was pregnant, but didn't want to test because then I would start obsessing about indications that it is indeed a boy.

I tested with a 25miu/ml test at 2pm today. It was positive...not faint, but not dark either... which leaves me thinking it definitely is a boy since if it was a girl it should have been much darker at 14dpo, since HCG is suposedly higher for baby girls...

I do not want to have a blood test, I will overanalyse the low HCG... I did that for 3 months with my 3rd boy... infact I so believe in that now that it was true for me last time...

I've seen recent researches confirming that again..

So, my question is... what do you know about it all ? Have you seen any truth in all of this ?

Conceived night before positive opk, with a less strict diet since I have lost so much wait, but still skipping breakfast and not snacking. I bet another baby boy on the way!

Anyway, We have to get through the first 3 months first, then see what happens. It just feels REALLY good to wake up and have a HUGE bowl of cereals! No more skipping breakfast!

Please let me know if you know anything about that HCG level,
    Thanks,

OLC

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG huge congrats!!

First of all, you may have miscalculated the number of DPO you were. That happens ALL THE TIME.

Secondly, HCG is only higher in girl pregnancies on average. On average means an average across the population like height. There are absolutely women who are 6 feet tall and men who are 5 foot 4 and you can't guess gender on that basis alone. There are even taller women like Gwendolyn Christie. And most people fall in the mid range. So lets say you have a person who is 5 foot 8. You cannot know at all if they're a man or woman! HCG works just the same way.

Thirdly, you can't tell your HCG levels in the blood on the basis of your pregnancy test anyway. There are too many things that go into the darkness of a pregnancy test. Starting with the individual variations of the tests themselves, how much dye they have in them, that kind of thing, and the concentration of your urine, which varies wildly even with FMU. And most important, it matters how much HCG you had to start with. Women can have anything from 0-5 HCG when they are not pregnant, and then once you conceive, the levels double. So depending on where you start from it goes like this:

0, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16

versus

5, 10, 20, 40, 80, 160

So at the exact same point in gestation some women can have 10x the HCG as another woman and you just cannot tell from a pregnancy test, OR even a blood test where you are on the continuum.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345