Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great job auroara! So excited about your BFP and can't wait to hear what you are having.
    Did you tell DH he can have a long rest now!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This looks fantastic Auroara!! I would definately tick the pink box from this attempt, sooo excited for you! Will you find out or do you wait for the suprise???

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We are definitely going to find out! It will be around 20 weeks, because my OB only does a 8 week confirmation scan and then a 20 week major scan. At the 8 week scan, I do plan to ask about placenta placement and also which ovary has the cyst on it. (Supposedly, more girls are produced from the left ovary, so while I would not consider my 8 week scan to have any proof of gender, I'm hoping it will supply some fun clues for me to obsess about....)

Only minutes after showing DH the pregnancy test last week, he asked, "how soon can we find out?" Then he confided in me that he really hopes it's our daughter now! Before he was torn about whether he wanted a girl or not. Also, he said he'd willing to have a 4th in a few years from now, so FX this is my girl now, but it's a little bit of relief knowing I may have another chance at my dream if not.....

it's our girl!

For fun, I did the baking soda test, and no fizz = girl. It was more just for fun, I don't actually understand how peeing on baking soda could really tell you the gender of your baby? But, it was just reassuring, like giving me hope that maybe there is a snowball's chance that the baby really could be a girl!
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did the baking soda test too, early in my pregnancy. Mine didn't fizz either and I'm having a girl, but I don't know how it could possibly predict gender. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that looks great! Huge congrats!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations! I think it looks great and I'm sure your DH's inability to do frequent is only a good thing!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good job! Wishing you pink!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Auroara, congrats again on your BFP. I only read your full swaying details now, looks great! Your body must have been in perfect GIRL territory with the little CM and no EWCM.

I had my first attempt on Thurday, 25 January. Since then I have fallen off the waggon. I have been eating like a maniac because I have come down with a cold and food seems to make me feel so much better. What did you mean with the low blood sugar environment for a girl to implant? Am worried now since I started stuffing my face the second I saw the temp shift confirming o was over... yikes.... xxxNini

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nini, I'm so glad ya'll had an attempt!!

Well, the blood glucose thing is simply that there is a post on here somewhere (I can't remember where I found it, sorry), where they the hypothesis is that just newly formed girl zygotes do better in a low glucose envirnoment, or crave that. That's why skipping breakfast is such a big thing here on this website, because it keeps blood sugars low, and the idea of eating ONLY when you're very hungry and not snacking. I couldn't adhere to the skip breakfast thing, but as I was on Christmas break from my job, I was able to eat breakfast at a later time and also I really watched my calorie intake for 5-6 days after O, just in case I did have a girl zygote growing, I'd give the zygote the "envirnoment" it needed.

While this was based on research, I just took it as another "thing" to help my sway, I do not by any means believe this has to be strictly enforced. It was more something that I was trying out, since I am a huge snacker and had two boys, I wanted to do something different with food this time around.

FX you get your BFP...I wouldn't worry at all! I still think DIET is much more important before O than after O anyways.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    auroara - My understanding was that the girls don't "crave" the lower glucose, they are just able to adapt/survive better in that type of enviornment because they are able to suck up the glucose around them where as the boys are not able to at all.
    2005; 2007; 2009; arrived 6/28/14!!
    5 failed IVF/PGD's 2010-2012
    Ectopic pregnancy 2013 that caused IC

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!
    He is so strong and perfect! Truly my little angel.

-God, Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference-

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast