Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do you stay positive?

So a bit about me - I am desperate for a baby girl and am trying to shift my thinking from feeling sad and angry all the time that I don't have a daughter right now to feeling positive that my daughter is on her way she's just not here yet but will be here very soon.

Swaying doesn't offer any guarantees, neither does HT. How do you stay positive and confident that your dream of your DG baby is going to come true and will happen?
    2012 (my sweetest little bug)

2013 Thank you Atomic Sagebrush and Gender Dreaming!

Link to my successful girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well someone I was close to always said if you think you can or you think you can't, you are right. She isnt with us anymore unfortunately, but I always think of her words and dh aways reminds me of them! Good luck!
    (born March, 2012)--IVF at RMANY (no GS for first one since no real preference-said we'd do it for second one)--23 eggs--12 fertilized with ICSI--1 frozen

March/April 2013--SIRM NY--23 eggs, 15 embryos, 2 girls transferred, 1 girl and 1 unknown (only 4 celled at day 3 so no biopsy) frozen. BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt, Beta at 8dp5dt=70, Beta at 10dp5dt=216 , 1 hb at 6 weeks, ob appt at 7w2d--wow it's twins!!! CVS--2 HEALTHY GIRLS! Our twin girls were born 6 weeks early, but doing fabulously and we are so in love!! Our family is complete!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AlreadyneedIVF, I used to have that quote from Henry Ford on my office door when I worked at a college Love it!
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha bead. I never knew she got it from someone, nevertheless Henry ford...so funny!
    (born March, 2012)--IVF at RMANY (no GS for first one since no real preference-said we'd do it for second one)--23 eggs--12 fertilized with ICSI--1 frozen

March/April 2013--SIRM NY--23 eggs, 15 embryos, 2 girls transferred, 1 girl and 1 unknown (only 4 celled at day 3 so no biopsy) frozen. BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt, Beta at 8dp5dt=70, Beta at 10dp5dt=216 , 1 hb at 6 weeks, ob appt at 7w2d--wow it's twins!!! CVS--2 HEALTHY GIRLS! Our twin girls were born 6 weeks early, but doing fabulously and we are so in love!! Our family is complete!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Eh...maybe Henry Ford got it from her? lol
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think having a positive attitude is extremely important when swaying or doing HT.

I often use imagery to help me think positive thoughts. I picture my whole family together in five years' time. My sons are kicking a football with DH and my little girl and I are sitting under a tree watching them. She is playing with my hair (or vice versa) or we are talking. If five years is too far into the future, think about what it will be like to hold her in your arms when she is born.

I would hate to think that negative imagery or fear of failure would ruin my chances. I don't know if I would go as far as believing that it won't work simply because I think it won't work or I doubt its possibility (I mean, afterall science has a huge role to play, its not all in our heads). Some people give it their all and for some reason it still doesn't work out. I am not saying they have done anything to cause that. That is what can be really unfair about HT or swaying. But I certainly think a positive attitude cannot hurt.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I dont know how to stay positive but if you figure it out please let me know, I am in my 12th week & want a son so bad! I am terrified of the gender scan, I am afraid I ill feel a moment of disappointment if we find out we are having a girl.

I wish you luck & tons of PINK baby dust, Ill take your BLUE..lol
    Mom of 2 beautiful !! Born in 1997 & 2001.

Happily married to my 2nd husband & expecting his 1st bio child, although he has been a wonderful dad for our girls for 9 years now.

We had to do IVF for MF infertility, & got our BFP after our 1st transfer!

We are hoping for Team !!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been trying to use visualization techniques to help me stay positive. I think about holding my little girl wearing a cute little pink sleeper and wrapped up in my old baby blanket with strawberries on it. I can picture her sparking eyes and big baby smile.

If I start to think negative thoughts I try to stop myself by thinking "that's a negative thought" and replace it with a positive affirmation like "My daughter is sweet and cuddly." or "My beautiful daughter is healthy and bright." or simply "I love my daughter so much." It's been helpful for me to stay positive and focused on what I want instead of feeling bad. Gotta stay positive!

@Jenny - Yes please, let's swap dust. My blue for your pink. Please take all of mine. Good luck!
    2012 (my sweetest little bug)

2013 Thank you Atomic Sagebrush and Gender Dreaming!

Link to my successful girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope I don't end up sounding negative, but I just wanted to share what I'm going through right now. I had a nuchal transulcency test done recently and the tech said it's a boy. I wanted this baby to be a girl so badly. I tried to make myself feel like I was going to have a daughter in hopes that it would bring my dream closer to me. I visualized and daydreamed about her often. I picked out a name. I bought a pink baby blanket and a pink onesie that I hung up on my "dream board" (something I created to post goals and dreams for my husband and I). Anyway, now that I've been told it's a boy I feel like I'm mourning my daughter. I feel like I set myself up for disappointment. I'm sure I would have felt disappointed whether I did those things or not, but I feel like I made it worse. I wish I would have been thinking about all the wonderful things that another boy could bring to our family as well.

So, what I'm trying to say is don't forget to think about the joys you will have if your baby turns out to be another boy. Try to prepare yourself for that in a positive way.

I really hope this post doesn't bring anyone down! I just felt like I should share this. =0)
    I have one amazing little boy Hoping for a beautiful baby girl!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did anyone try the chinese birth chart, sex positions and timing in order to get the desire gender that they wanted? I heard it really works if done at the right time and position but I don't know how true the methods are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast