Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are you most looking forward to about having a daughter?

Thought this might be a fun poll, or at least a way to explain why we want daughters so much in addition to our sons.
    Loving my wonderful twin DS ('09) and now my beautiful HT DD ('13).

IVF/PGD at HRC in Nov 2012: 23 retrieved, 22 fertilized, 20 to Natera day 5, 18 normals (7 XX). Froze due to risk of OHSS.

FET #1 Jan 2013: transferred 1XX, BFN
    FET #2 March 2013: transferred 1XX, BFP!!!
    Perfect baby girl born in Nov 2013.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I look forward to having a proper and close mother daughter relationship, something I didn't get myself. I don't care about frilly dresses, ponytails and barbies, I just want to create a good mother-daughter bond.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for starting this thread peonymama. It is an interesting question.

I think I am most looking forward to a feeling of completeness. I love every one of my boys so much, but I wanted one more baby and I feel like this one will be the icing on the cake. She is my fairytale happy ending.

I will no longer have to wonder what it is like to raise a girl and wonder if it is different to raising boys. I will no longer have to wonder how it feels to have a mixed gender family. I will no longer have to look at other families of mixed genders with envy. I will no longer have to wonder what it will be like for my DS's to have a sister or me and my DH to have a DD. I can walk into a baby store and look at the pink things without wondering if I will ever be able to buy them for my DD. I can hear the birth announcements/gender announcements of my friend's babies with genuine happiness, without looking at life through a gender lense. And, I can look forward to having another girl in the house to do girl things with.

I have always hated annoying comments from people about having all boys. I know there will still be comments from strangers that I "got the girl" but I think I will be able to cope with them better.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I so totally agree with zibibbogirl. I really hope that I'm the lucky one I can experience that one day......

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I look forward to not only being a "mother-in-law." It sounds like a silly reason, but two of my aunts are currently doing the "mother-in-law" thing...and despite being fabulous ladies who don't meddle and are fun, they still feel left out and "isolated" from their daughter-in-laws. Could be crappy luck and both got rotten deals for daughter-in-laws. But I don't get to pick who my sons love and could end up being "just" the mother-in-law. I desperately want the opportunity to have the mother-daughter thing. Me and my mom are very close and I desire to have a similar relationship with m daughter (if possible). And I just want to know what its like to have a girl. I always thought I would have one and now it seems I am questioning if that will happen.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly just having a little sister for my boys and have a little variety in the family. I'm not into frilly stuff.
    2007 2010 green team baby due 1/29

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I listed everything I'm looking forward to experiencing with dd, then I'd be here all day

But some of the important things are:

-Having a little girl to love, cherish and adore the way I wasn't growing up. Never was appreciated that much growing up, and neither was my sister. Our brothers were spoiled to death because my family wanted boys. Now that I have my own little girl, I can appreciate her and love her just the way she deserves.
    -Watching my Dh interact with DD. My dad was never there for me growing up, and I've always had a hole in my heart where my father's love should have been. Having a DD and watching Dh dote on her fills that empty feeling I used to have.
    -Giving my sons a sister. They are so sweet and gentle with her, I just love watching them play with her. My Ds1 used to ask me over and over, 'when am I getting a sister?' before DD was born.
    -I rose above any GD. Well, mostly. I'd still love to give DD a sister, but I will never feel the GD I felt with my boys ever again. Never again will I sit and wonder what's it's like to have a dd. She healed me in that aspect.

Clothes, shoes and other cute girly stuff are just bonuses to me. Actually I was pretty tomboy growing up so I don't mind at all if DD turns out to be tomboy
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hotdogz&boyz - interesting point. I really dislike my MIL, but she's nothing like your dear aunts (she's bat-shit crazy that even Dh avoids her).
    I think if we raise our sons to be loving, kind individuals, then hopefully they will love girls who are also loving.
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I look forward to rubbing it in a couple people's faces.

And all of the other lovely things people mentioned of course.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugaree View Post
    I look forward to rubbing it in a couple people's faces.

And all of the other lovely things people mentioned of course.
    this made me LOL!
    2006, 2008, 2011, HT 2012

Cycle #1 @ HRC, March 2012: Pretesting FSH 5.7, AMH 2, AFC 19. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized & to GSN, 2 normal XY, 1 normal XX. Transferred 1XX. 1st beta 9 5dp5dt, 2nd beta 777 12dp5dt, 3rd beta 2823 15dp5dt. 124 at 6w6d (2 large SCHs seen). DD born 3 days overdue - December 2012.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast