Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

8 days till scan, terrified!!

A week tomorrow I have a gender scan booked. Super anxious, and hubby wants to come too which is stressing me out. I wanted to find out myself and have time to come to terms with the answer alone, so if it's bad news I won't have to look at the disappointment on his face and have this awkward silence where we both pretend we're more ok that we are.

He knows I want a girl, he desperately wants one too but didn't really want another baby at all, I persuaded him, so I'm going to feel even more awful if it's not the girl we both want, I feel like he is going to resent me.

At first I really felt like it was a girl but now I just don't know, I'm scared that wanting a girl so much is making me feel like it is a girl and is just setting me up for disappointment. I've not had any gender dreams or anything this time. My toddler insists it's a little sister but I think that's just wishful thinking. I almost don't want to know, I'm so scared of the answer. This is going to be the longest week ever.

I got some girl guesses on my 14 week scan pics but everyone said the nub wasn't very clear, I also posted on IG and only got two replies, both saying they couldn't tell and the 'nub' was actually a leg, so now I don't know, and I can't sit and stare at them any longer, it's not healthy!

Nub shots are here if anyone wants to look
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ase-guess.html

I've even started feeling like it might be a boy, to protect myself, and it makes me feel so miserable. I thought I was ok with hearing boy or girl, but as it's got closer I've got more and more upset at the thought of losing my dream forever. Sorry to moan!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the nub shot you have looks like a girl. I felt the same way with my husband and I convinced him to have our third child when he didn't want anymore. I also keept thinking he was upset at me because I talked him into it and we had our DD3 but now I know he loves her so much and I often hear him say to her that he is so glad I talked him into another baby. I think he is so clucky now that I have talked him ito No 4 but going HT this time. Good Luck and sending you all my pink dust.
    DW 38
    DH 37

Cycle # 1 HRC Dr Potter 8th March 2014
    7 retrieved, 3 Mature, 2 Fertilised, 1 abnormal XY XB BB -10,-16,
    1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    First BETA 135 26/3/14 11dp6dt, Second BETA 859 31/3/14 16dp6dt
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14
    NO HEARTBEAT! 22/4/14, D&C 23/4/14

Cycle # 2 HRC Dr Potter ER OCT 2014
    Stimmed an extra 2 days so ER was 31st Oct Halloween
    19 retrieved & 14 mature & all 14 fertilised
    7 to day 5 testing, 3 abnormal xy's
    1 normal xy HB AA Transferred 6/11/14
    3 normal xx
    First BETA HCG 400 E2 1389 P4 17, 17th Nov 10dp6dt
    Second BETA HCG 1022 E2 3246 P4 88.3 19th Nov 12dp6dt
    Third BETA HCG 15513 E2 3803 P4 78.4 27th Nov 20dp6dt

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww thank you so much, that makes me feel a lot better that your hubby was happy in the end. It sounds awful but I'm terrified one or both of us might end up not loving the baby.

Thanks as well for taking the time to look at my nub pics. I hope you're right that it looks like a girl and all this insane obsessing and worrying is for nothing!

Wishing you all the best with HT, I hope you get lucky first cycle with a perfect healthy little boy, you're welcome to every speck of blue dust I have! Xxxx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Hun, I felt similar. We have chosen (well I have chosen, my husband doesn't care) not to find out until birth. My reason for this is that I felt my third pregnancy was ruined after a horrible gender scan experience.

My nub seems somewhat ambigious but I think it looks boy, and my hubby thought he might have been scrotum at the 20 week scan (though when he looked at potty shots he couldn't tell if it was that or labia useless man)!

So I totally know how you feel. I'm lucky in the sense that my husband is totally fine with his football team and it's me that wants a girl, so I don't have the added Pressure of his desire. I'm not too sure about your nub which is why I didn't guess, but I've seen nubs at fourteen weeks that have been angled and been girls.

Good luck on your scan. I'd go prepared to hear blue and I think that somewhat minimises the disappointment. I have had such a different pregnancy this time round and been so sick and yet I think maybe that makes it worse as I think I have a girl feeling when really I don't know. Maybe say to hubby you need time to digest the news either way alone.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a huge fan of going alone to the gender scan. I had such a hard time keeping myself together when I heard DD3. DH just kept telling me it was ok but I felt awful. If I can get prego I'll go alone to my scan.
    Good luck with the eternal week & do what works for you. Praying you get a girl.

My Gender Dreaming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck, Ive just looked at your pics and my guess is a girl x

Cycle one, Genesis Feb 2013, 2xx BFN :-(
    Cycle two, Genesis June 2013, 3xx BFN :-(
    Cycle three, Genesis May 2014, 2xx 7dpt BFP!! 1st Beta 11dpt 405.7 :-) 2nd Beta 15dpt 2304. 6wks 6days 1 Heartbeat seen!!!
    12 week scan shows a beautiful baby, very happy!!!!!
    20 week scan all perfect and it really is a GIRL!!!

Our little daughter is finally here, safe and sound x

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for all the support ladies, I feel so bloody stressed about it all right now, in some ways it will be a relief just to find out for sure.

DH in his infinite wisdom has apparently organised a lift to the scan for us with my nosy grandparents so now if it's bad news I have to not only put on a brave face to DH, I have to sit in a car for 30 mins next to my grandmother on the way home, asking a million questions! DHs answer was we just tell my grandparents that they couldn't tell so we are going to go back in a week or so to be rescanned, easier said than done if I'm upset right!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^You can always say you are really over-emotional about not finding out. Blame hormones, works every time

I hope you hear pink. I don't think I guessed on yours. But I'd say it's a better chance of a girl than a boy.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh how annoying of hubby. You don't need that at all, and even if it's good news (which I have a really good feeling it will be) sometimes you still want to process that by yourself.

Could you ask to have gender put in an envelope? Then you could open it at home by yourself or even with hubby and share the news when you are ready?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Waiting4Daisy View Post
    Could you ask to have gender put in an envelope? Then you could open it at home by yourself or even with hubby and share the news when you are ready?
    That is a great idea. Then you can open it when you are ready to deal with it and it can be when no one is around. That idea has worked really well for some ladies.

My Gender Dreaming

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast