Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome to Gender Desire...

Welcome to the Gender Desire Board on Gender Dreaming!

Although it can be difficult to admit to friends or family, the truth is -- many would like a certain gendered child. Gender Desire (GDe) is for those who are wishing for a son or a daughter to add to their family. Although you are quite happy with either gender and love your children immensely, it doesn't stop your desire to have your next pregnancy produce a little boy or a little girl.

So, thank you for joining us here -- please feel free to share anything related to your GDe journey and offer support and advice to others!

We are so glad to have you here!
    "As far as I'm concerned, being any gender is a drag." -Patti Smith

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great idea for a gender desire section, now theres a place where we don't have to feel guilty for wanting another of our dg!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a great idea! I wish there would have been something like this when I was TTC.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This describes perfectly what I have...gender desire. I always had a hard time with the term gender dissapointment as it's just not how I feel. I didn't ever prefer one gender over the other...have just always wanted them both. Great idea separating the two...I will actually be able to talk about it now.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    this is a great idea! Wish there was something around like this when I was waiting to ttc for my DG. Describes what I was feeling exactly.
    = One little prince! (2008) and
    Two little princesses (2010) (2013) successful girl sways

(my chart) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/234f4a

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've always felt this way so I'm very happy to see this forum!
    baby girl 23 wks.
    Two gorgeous and healthy s!
    Many unsuccessful IVF/PGD attempts
    Surprise natural BFPs....chemical, 9 wks, 6 wks and 8 wks

7. Likes 3boysclub liked this post
    chachamama
    Quote Originally Posted by pinksapphire View Post
    I've always felt this way so I'm very happy to see this forum!
    Me too!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the welcome!! I am glad to have a place to express my fears & excitement about gender desire! I am hoping & praying this baby is for team !!
    Mom of 2 beautiful !! Born in 1997 & 2001.

Happily married to my 2nd husband & expecting his 1st bio child, although he has been a wonderful dad for our girls for 9 years now.

We had to do IVF for MF infertility, & got our BFP after our 1st transfer!

We are hoping for Team !!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi. This is how i like to think of my feelings too. Ive never been disappointed that my second son was another boy, but when i learned he was a boy my desire for a future girl really ramped up. Probably because number three will most likely be the final chance for us. I'd so love to have a daughter as well as my perfect princes! x

11. Likes 3boysclub liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please help :(

Im in agony and I feel like the most selfish, ungrateful human being in the world.

My relationship with my Mother is complex and far from right, which I have deeply missed. I have a 10 month old son who I love dearly but I am grieving for the girl I didn't have and secretly wished for. I am only 28, so I guess I still have time, but I am so anxious about having 5 boys and being 'daughterless'. I am such a girly girl and I cannot wait to be a mother to a daughter and have that relationship that I crave. I have spoken to my husband but he doesn't really understand and thinks Im mad. He's alright - he has his boy. I just feel sick at the thought of going to football matches, going to kung-fu lessons and cleaning dirty muddy clothes for the next 15 years. I know I sound selfish but I cannot help the way I feel and I just want to cry most of the time. No one except my husband knows how I feel.

Im craving for my little Princess. I would dote on her, as much as I dote on my son. But I feel I would have more in common doing all the girly things. I have a name already and I cant wait to start for number 2 - but the thought of them telling me its another boy would crush me. My husband is also worried about what it would do to my state of mind.

Another point also - Im at that age when lots of friends are having babies. I feel a sickening feeling in the stomach when they say they are expecting/given birth to a girl and they have such pretty names. Pink blankets, pink teddies and crisp white cardies - all opposite to a boy. I'm wondering whether to keep a diary and write down how I feel.

How do other people cope with this ugly, but unhelped emotion?

Thank you for reading x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast