Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Team Green experiences?

This is my fourth baby and first 'team green' delivery room surprise. I have been so strong and not caved even when my hubby was convinced I would and am now past the point of no return in terms of elective gender scans (cut off here is 34 weeks).

Now delivery is getting closer I'm feeling anxious about whether or not I've made the right decision. I haven't built up any real hope that this is a girl or anything but Im still worried about how I'll react if I hear it's a boy. I'm hoping I'll be too in love with my baby to feel an iota of disappointment. Can anyone share their Team Green experiences? I'd love to hear them!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With my 2nd babe I was team green. It was going to be our last baby so it was my only time to be team green. I thought I saw a flash of something on the screen at the 20 week scan, so believed after that point that we were having a boy. I thought I was only harboring a 1% chance that our baby was a girl, but it turned out to be more than that. I wanted to be the one to 'get the girl' and get to announce to MUCH fanfare from my girl-obsessed family and friends. I was not. When he was born, I was overjoyed - our beautiful, healthy baby - and it felt like affirmation of what I'd known all along. And I was very happy (and exhausted ) over that night. The morning after, I looked up HT on my phone while in the hospital. What surprised me was the feeling of 'never' - that I would never have a daughter, that it was an absolute, as my DH only wanted 2 kids. It felt worse than I'd expected. I tried to stop researching HT over the early weeks but I kept doing it, which of course gave my high guilt.

In hindsight, I'm still glad I was team green as it helped me to be genuine and truthful while pregnant when people asked me what I was having - I didn't know - but I would've thought and journaled more seriously about my true feelings, and play out both scenarios as best I could, so the first days of your new child can be all about them, as much as possible.

Congrats on your new babe - you're about to meet them!!
    2 sweet, beautiful boys, 6 and 2
    for getting my
    DW 39, DH 41
    Multiple
    Cycle #1 late 2013: 17 eggs, 12 mature, all fertilized, 4 EB batched
    Cycle #2 early 2014: 9 eggs, 8 mature, all fertilized, 2 EB.
    Day 5 aCGH testing. 1 normal XY (1st cycle) and 2 normal XX (one from each)!
    Summer 2014 SET #1 - zero beta
    Cycle #3 late 2014 - 13 eggs, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, none made it to testing.
    SET #2 - Cancelled
    SET #3 - Cancelled

Dream until your dreams come true - Hopeanddreamg's avatar

Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about. - Sir Winston Churchill

Your dream doesn’t have an expiration date. Take a deep breath and try again. - KT Witten

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination. - Ralph Marston

http://gender-dreaming.com/forum/blogs/ocean/

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ocean. We told people we didn't know with ds3 but it as really hard when people piped up 'oh I think it's a girl'.

My dh thought he possibly saw scrotum at the 20 week scan (I looked away), but since he has seen both potty shots in pictures now (I showed him lots obsessively) he can't tell if it was labia or scrotum. I think I still think boy, I don't really have a feeling either way but am definitely in defence mechanism mode.

I hope either way I'll be so bowled over by my new arrival that gender will only be a tiny part of it. Everyone seems excited for us either way which is nice.

Only five - six weeks to go (my babies are always late)!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry Waiting4Daisy, I don't mean to hijack your thread....but...

Ocean, just curious, I see you're going HT (I will likely start HT next year), what does it mean that your HB were batched? Did you get 4 viable embryos that weren't put back? Are you doing a second cycle before putting back any embryos?

I really am apprehensive and am really dreading the IVF, but I feel I will regret it if I don't. Also DH is only doing it for me, he doesn't feel the need, so I feel guilty dragging him through this process...

Waiting4Daisy, I haven't been Team Green, as I need to know beforehand and be done with the tears before the birth. I wish you luck and cross fingers for you!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Daisy - that's great about the support you're getting from others! I know completely the defensive expectations we keep to protect ourselves - I know I did.
    (Apologies to daisy while I answer this!). The latter - After my 2nd cycle, all embryos will go for testing, and if we pass that hurdle we look at transfer. Main purpose is to save on PGD testing cost by batching.
    Last edited by ocean; January 11th, 2014 at 11:56 PM.
    2 sweet, beautiful boys, 6 and 2
    for getting my
    DW 39, DH 41
    Multiple
    Cycle #1 late 2013: 17 eggs, 12 mature, all fertilized, 4 EB batched
    Cycle #2 early 2014: 9 eggs, 8 mature, all fertilized, 2 EB.
    Day 5 aCGH testing. 1 normal XY (1st cycle) and 2 normal XX (one from each)!
    Summer 2014 SET #1 - zero beta
    Cycle #3 late 2014 - 13 eggs, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, none made it to testing.
    SET #2 - Cancelled
    SET #3 - Cancelled

Dream until your dreams come true - Hopeanddreamg's avatar

Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about. - Sir Winston Churchill

Your dream doesn’t have an expiration date. Take a deep breath and try again. - KT Witten

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination. - Ralph Marston

http://gender-dreaming.com/forum/blogs/ocean/

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Ocean! I didn't think of the option of saving up embryos in order to do one batch of PGD to save costs. Sounds smart!

Waiting4Daisy, I have a friend who has 2 boys and is Team Green with her 3rd, she is due any day now. She did it so she could have a pregnancy without disappointments. I admire your preseverance, as it makes the pregnancy much more exciting! I wish you good luck, either with getting your DG or with falling in love with another wonderful little boy!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you ocean and Claire (and no problem on talking ht, sadly I'm in the uk so isn't a viable option for us cost wise).

It has felt a strange pregnancy not knowing but at least if it's a boy he will be introduced with a kick arse name and picture rather than just being a scan photo. At the moment I'm just excited to meet my baby <3