Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    THANK YOU so much ladies, hearing your words does help, at least knowing you know what I am feeling and knowing there is hope.
    With my 3 boys I always tried to think boy and prepare myself for a boy each time, not allowing me to look at girl stuff, etc, and I was still floored at each u/s. Towards the end of the PG's I did get very excited about meeting my little guys, and of course when they were born I was in love, but those months after the u/s's were HARSH. That's why I don't think I would want to find out at 9 weeks. :/
    Mommy to

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Houseofblue View Post
    I just got a BFP yesterday and I was really excited at first, but now it's sinking in that this is most likely another boy. This is my last shot at a girl. When I was PG with DS3 I just KNEW he was a girl!!And then the 11 and 12 week u/s's came and the 11 week (it was late 11 week, 11w6d or something) got ALL girl guesses on the u/s board (this was back on IG)...I was sooooo excited and the nub def looked very girly. Then I had to get another u/s a week later and it had risen a tiny bit. Posted it and got 50% girl 50% boy votes...was feeling a little worried but felt somewhat confident because one of the u/s techs on IG said it still looked very girly (the other one said boy). So let's just say I was absolutely floored when I was told boy at 20 weeks...it was awful. Of course that little boy is now 3 and the light of my life, but I can't shake this want of a daughter.

I just feel like why even hope? I obviously can't make girls. I just hate having hope and then having it dashed. And this is my last shot, dh and I agreed no more kids after this.

Sorry, just venting. <sigh>
    Hugs!!! I would prepare for a boy just in case. I did with Liliana I knew she had to be another boy. I was very shocked. I do hope you hear girl. I knew my 4th son had to be a girl. Everything pointed to a girl and when I heard boy I was also upset.
    Mom of and born July 18th 2013.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LilithWiser1979 View Post
    I am in your EXACT same boat, Houseofblue. Got my BFP yesterday, and I'm having a mini panic-attack that I just did all this to make another boy. I just HAVE to be confident that I did everything I could, and know that what was meant to be, will be.

Oh! I did want to say that if you want an accurate nub guess, go at 13 weeks. Anything before 12 weeks (even 11w6d) is a 50/50. The further along you are, the better the guess. It's over 90% after 13 weeks! I had a "96%" girl guess with DS1 at 11w6d, and I now know I will choose to wait for 13 weeks to get a more accurate guess (although, I plan to have results from Panorama weeks before that, though!)
    Congrats Lilith and house of blue!! I too am feeling as anxious as I am excited (got my BFP on Saturday and due 14 dec), but as long as we know we did all we could, within reason at least we got our bfp's! I'd never heard of Panorama either but will ask if it's available in Spain. I think that's the best thing, to find out as soon as so we can come to terms and learn to accept if needs be. I'm surprisingly less bothered now than I was. I don't know if you can I agile how I felt when I found out that every one of my tripkets was a boy, when I'd hoped for one girl!!!! They are seven now and truly adorable in every way, so I'm at peace that I would love another and also that this my absolute last shot... Fx we will all be blessed with our hearts desire.... Is there a dec due date buddy forum yet? I couldn't see one. X
    DS1 (8) DS 2 (7), DS 3 (7), DS 4 (7)

mc at 11 weeks (26/05/14)

EDD July 2015

FX it's a sticky pink bean in there...

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know how you feel Pinkmeup. When I was pregnant with our twins I was certain they were girls and then when we found out they were boys I was crushed! I had to have weekly ultrasounds and every week I'd get them to check the genders! Lol!! They'd get so cross at me, especially as they were identical but I'd make them check both "just in case" 😉

Hope we all get our girls this time! 💜💜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really hope you all get your girls xxx

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I got pg in jan, I was sure it was a boy, blighted ovum mc, now sure it was a girl! Pg in February, caught the next egg - convinced its a boy to have fallen so quickly, had a bleed at the weekend, was sure I was about to mc as my symptoms had eased, then convinced it was a girl. Baby still snuggled in nicely yesterday at reassurance scan .... Back to being positive it's a boy! Don't think for a second I can make or carry a girl. At least with the knowledge we now have, I won't spend my life blaming dh for only making boys!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_Incredible View Post
    At least with the knowledge we now have, I won't spend my life blaming dh for only making boys!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Lol that's how I feel too, esp since all 3 of my (long-term relationship) ex's have ALL had gone on to have daughters (no sons!!!)...WTF!!! lol
    Mommy to

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At least you're with the man you love!! I sometimes wonder what my ex has kids wise, but even if it's a ton of girls i never ever wanted to have kids with him (even tho we lived together lol)!! My oh was my "one that got away" .... luckily we were meant to be 4 years later! X
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Houseofblue View Post
    Lol that's how I feel too, esp since all 3 of my (long-term relationship) ex's have ALL had gone on to have daughters (no sons!!!)...WTF!!! lol
    I've often thought that if my DH left me (he almost did for a much younger girl a few years ago that wasn't much older than our DS1 &#128544 that I bet he would have girl with someone else. I'd be so cross and I think he would then "blame me" for us having all boys but I'd also be more worried that she'd be his "favourite" and our boys would be pushed aside.

I don't think it would happen if we're together and have a girl but if he wasn't with us I'd be worried it would.

I think too much!! 😉 lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HUGS Mumofsix... your dh would be a total dick to leave you with 6 or 7 children, esp with someone so much younger.... I hope and pray you get your girl, but for YOU Big hugs girl!!
    Mommy to

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast