Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just got BFP- just know it's another boy

I just got a BFP yesterday and I was really excited at first, but now it's sinking in that this is most likely another boy. This is my last shot at a girl. When I was PG with DS3 I just KNEW he was a girl!!And then the 11 and 12 week u/s's came and the 11 week (it was late 11 week, 11w6d or something) got ALL girl guesses on the u/s board (this was back on IG)...I was sooooo excited and the nub def looked very girly. Then I had to get another u/s a week later and it had risen a tiny bit. Posted it and got 50% girl 50% boy votes...was feeling a little worried but felt somewhat confident because one of the u/s techs on IG said it still looked very girly (the other one said boy). So let's just say I was absolutely floored when I was told boy at 20 weeks...it was awful. Of course that little boy is now 3 and the light of my life, but I can't shake this want of a daughter.

I just feel like why even hope? I obviously can't make girls. I just hate having hope and then having it dashed. And this is my last shot, dh and I agreed no more kids after this.

Sorry, just venting. <sigh>
    Mommy to

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    aww hun I think there are a lot of us just like you. I am going to feel the exact same way, I already do and am not even pregnant yet but I know it will be another boy despite all of my hard work. I keep trying to remind myself we all have a chance, in the least it's 50/50 and eventually the other side of the coin has to show up and hopefully it will be this time. I know there isn't a ton to say that will help. My advice is to prepare for a boy, grow your love for him as much as you can and then either be pleasantly surprised with a daughter or be told boy and be more accepting of it since you have already created a place for him in your heart and family make-up.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am in your EXACT same boat, Houseofblue. Got my BFP yesterday, and I'm having a mini panic-attack that I just did all this to make another boy. I just HAVE to be confident that I did everything I could, and know that what was meant to be, will be.

Oh! I did want to say that if you want an accurate nub guess, go at 13 weeks. Anything before 12 weeks (even 11w6d) is a 50/50. The further along you are, the better the guess. It's over 90% after 13 weeks! I had a "96%" girl guess with DS1 at 11w6d, and I now know I will choose to wait for 13 weeks to get a more accurate guess (although, I plan to have results from Panorama weeks before that, though!)
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Rosie and Lilith!! Congrats on your BFP Lilith!!
    I've been having a little panic attack too, like I'll be one of the few that did a good sway and still got a boy, grrr. I just have this feeling like it's not in the cards for me to have a girl or something...I've had that hope going into each PG and then spend the rest of it (well most of the rest of it, I do get excited in the last month) depressed and upset.
    Lilith very true about the nub shots! This is only the 2nd time I've heard about the Panorama...what is the test for? Must be something new b/c I have never had it before. I am 36 btw is it something they give "AMA" moms lol? I don't know if I even want to know that early- more time to spend depressed lol.
    Mommy to

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was so sure my DS 3 was a girl, and he's the most boyish boy that ever lived.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats lillith!! We are all.in the same boat like Rosie I have well I hope I have prepared myself for another boy , we have a name picked out, a boy colour.planned for nursery I just don't want to get my hopes up!! I haven't even had my BFP yet. Know you did all you could to try for your DG and be kind to yourself xxxx

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Houseofblue View Post
    Thank you Rosie and Lilith!! Congrats on your BFP Lilith!!
    I've been having a little panic attack too, like I'll be one of the few that did a good sway and still got a boy, grrr. I just have this feeling like it's not in the cards for me to have a girl or something...I've had that hope going into each PG and then spend the rest of it (well most of the rest of it, I do get excited in the last month) depressed and upset.
    Lilith very true about the nub shots! This is only the 2nd time I've heard about the Panorama...what is the test for? Must be something new b/c I have never had it before. I am 36 btw is it something they give "AMA" moms lol? I don't know if I even want to know that early- more time to spend depressed lol.
    Congrats on your bfp
    There's always the chance of getting your DD, don't despair. One member on here was 100% certain she was having another boy when she got a surprise bfp after her mirena fell out, but in fact it's a girl she is having.
    The panorama is a non invasive test that they can do from 9 weeks that looks for genetic abnormalities and can determine gender by analysing small amounts of foetal blood in the maternal blood. Its over 99% accurate.
    Best of luck

2014 (at age 43, so don't give up hope you older moms!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Panorama is AMA indicated. I think it costs about a hundred dollars after insurance, but it test for a LOT of chromosomal abnormalities. I think it's worth it. They didn't have these maternal blood tests when our last sons were gestating
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know how you feel! As soon as I got my BFP I was freaking about it being another boy! After the problems yesterday though, I'm now positive it's my girl but I'm going to lose her! 😢
    Gender desire really is an emotional roller coaster!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wanted to pop in and say that I was in your exact shoes about 3 years ago. The hope for a girl was enormous but I often thought about "what if I only make boys." I knew nothing about the nub theory when I got my scan with her at 11w6ds so I didn't even know I could take a peak. So I wondered and wondered for weeks. I went in for a scan at 17 weeks and they couldn't see anything and told me to come back in 10 days. Those 10 days took forever as you can imagine. Then to be told girl at 19 weeks was the most bizarre feeling in the world.

So, no, none of us know whether your new little bean is a boy or a girl, but I just want to let you know that there IS a possibility of it being a girl. And I know sometimes its hard to imagine...if someone told me after DS3 that I would have 2 girls next there is no way I would have believed them.....but it IS possible.

Congrats on your BFP!
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast