Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Husband hating

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't get me started.

I think sometimes when we feel strongly about different things our emotions can get their wires crossed and we end up feeling passionately one way when really those emotions are coming from another thing.

Long story short, since having my daughter I have had to come to the realization that some of my GD emotions were misplaced feelings coming from other areas (marriage among them) and I was thinking it was entirely from not having a DD. It wasn't.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by motherofboys View Post
    I kind of envy my hubby, I know he wanted a girl too but he wasn't completely devastated and he is able to 'get over it' to look past the bad parts of what we don't have and look at the good parts. (He says things like "at least we don't have to..." "Good thing we don't have a girl or..." )
    He is lucky, he has his boys. He gets to watch football matches with them, take them to football practise, show them all the cool things he enjoyed as a child. I know you can do that with a child of any gender, but lots of the things I want to show my boys they are completely uninterested in. He doesn't seem to understand the full extent of my gender desire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My husband will never comprehend how earth shattering it was for me to not have a daughter. Nobody but those who have lived it can ever really know how terribly much it hurts. I have stopped trying to make him understand or "pay" for this. Instead I use this site as an outlet to be understood and gain some empathy. Thank you ladies!

2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this is always the case atomic sagebrush. When one thing in my life is not right, all things channel into that. Almost like the recourse of not having a daughter is the cause of all things wrong in my life. Rationally I know this isn't true and I am glad you mentioned this! Thanks!!!

Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    My husband is much better able to accept all boys too. It is easier for him than me by a lot. I know in his heart he really wants a daughter and I have seen him shed a tear or two over it but he said he won't live life wondering about a daughter if he never has one, he will be able to be happy with all boys. Me...not so much. I will need time to move on from the loss of never having a daughter and there will be many times where I will feel sad and envious. I will have a hole in my heart forever but that won't mean I won't be happy with all my boys of course.

I have never once blamed my Dh seriously for having all boys. I have always felt it was my fault instead!
    Rosie85 I blame my husband less and less these days and am starting to accept that our boys were born for a greater reason than a girl. Maybe to teach me to let go and let things be.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Husband hating

I totally agree. It's so nice to be around people who understand but can also see the other side. Whether that was getting the DG or not.
    When everything is up in the air, and the boys are not listening to a word I say and there seems to be a bajillion things that need to be done or to worry about, I find myself thinking "if i had a girl this would be better or that would be better" or even "I'm being punished for not being satisfied with what I have, for wanting a girl and not being grateful for my boys"
    Of course we all know this is utter rubbish. We don't get one gender as a punishment for actually wanting the other or caring which gender we get at all.
    But I think when we are dissatisfied, it's just one more thing to feel down about and it's so easy to blame it all on GD.

Last edited by motherofboys; April 15th, 2014 at 05:29 PM.
    Feb 2006 Oct 2007 March 2010 Oct 2013

Hoping the future holds a for us......

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can completely relate with this post... 100%. Before DD I would try to talk to my DH about my GD but he just didn't get it. He is such a "guy" it is hurtful sometimes. I remember him calling one of his friends after DS2 uls and telling his friends "my guys swam right... it's another boy!". WTF?? Right?? So a girl is wrong?? He was very vocal about not wanting a girl because of how emotional they are as teenagers. When I would tell him about why I wanted a DD he would just say "there is no guarantee that you will have a Mother/Daughter relationship like you and your Mom do". He was very dismissive of my feelings which is what hurt the most. I would say to him "what if we had two daughters, wouldn't you want a son?" to which he would say "don't know since we aren't in that situation". My DH didn't understand at all and didn't even try... that is why I resented him so much. Plus I was the one who went through all the MS, aches, pains, stitches, etc. and he got what he wanted and I didn't get what I want. Plus he said he didn't want more kids after the two boys. I had to ask for YEARS to try for a third. I think all of my DH not being understanding fed into the GD.

Now that I have a DD I really do feel so much better. It isn't a source of resentment and frustration in our marriage anymore. What is even better is that DH is so good with DD... he is more attentive with her than he was with the boys. He is always holding her, talking to her, cuddling her, feeding her, etc. He even volunteers to get up with her in the night.

Funny now with this baby he says that he wants another boy but he isn't as vocal about his preference for a girl or a boy.
    Last edited by WantingPink; April 15th, 2014 at 06:03 PM.
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 2boysJustOneGirl View Post
    Hate is a strong word...truly my husband is wonderful and maybe that is why I feel so guilty about resenting him. We have had many ups and downs since our kids have been born, like all couples who have kids our marriage has been put to the test. I am simply dissatisfied. Completely and utterly empty without that little baby girl in our family. And in this exact moment I know that HT is the only way to fill this void. I try to be kind, I try to feel more appreciation for having these 3 gentle men in my life. I try. Thanks for letting me vent! Aside from my one friend who is a mother to only sons, all the other women in my life have daughters and they don't get this!!!!

i can feel u. Couple days ago, I just blamed my husband for not able to give me a daughter. But after the cooling period, I realised I was wrong. Compare to those parents with needy child, I feel Im fortunate to have my boys. Healthy is still my priority. If between gender and health, I will choose latter. And I believe god has plan for me for having two boys. Who knows, one of them maybe the next minister and another maybe the top lawyer in my nation :-)
    5yrs old
    3yrs old

waiting for

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I SO get this. I don't hate my husband or anything and I don't really blame him for our first two boys because we didn't sway. Our first we 'tried' for a boy by one attempt on O day, and our second we just did multiple days around O day. This time I tried to sway (finding this place way too late). I put myself through torture trying to go without breakfast and eliminating snacks. Other than DTD stuff he didn't sway at all, even though he wanted a girl. I am sure if it was a boy we were trying to get he would have made sure he did everything possible. To his defense it was right around Thanksgiving so we had a lot of family get togethers. But considering his dad had 4 boys, I wish he would have tried something...especially with diet and exercise and taking out the beer drinking. I see as well how he gets to do things with his sons, even at these young ages and they will have a lot in common and it tugs at my heart. I love seeing it, but wish I had a mini-me.
    I'll always wonder if he would have tried, if it would have helped us get our girl, even though I know there is no changing things now.
    DS1 2009

DS2 2011

DS3 is here and precious as can be

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Whenever anything goes wrong it always leads back to my grief, which is drenched in resentment for my husband for me having to bear the weight of motherhood to only boys. It sucks. I am in a very tough spot today. Probably didn't help that I attended a stupid play group and was once again the only mom with all boys amongst the group I associate with. I looked at all these other women and couldn't stand them or the fact that I am so sad. Today is a bad day.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry, been there done that and it's not pretty. Hoping you find peace!
    2/04

11/05
    11/09
    06/14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12