Thread: Mothers Day

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mothers Day

Mother's Day is coming up, May 11 this year. One of my friends who I have always really liked in spite of her having a daughter😳 went and planned her girls first birthday party ON MOTHER'S DAY! What a complete asshole. Excuse my language please, but who does that?!? Whoever obligates mothers to haul their children out to a birthday party on Mother's Day is just plain rude. Not to mention, my own personal challenges with tolerating any mom of girls can be tiresome on a regular day, I cannot fathom stomaching this event on this day. All the frills and girly crap will surely send me into a compete depression I may never crawl out of. Happy Mother's Day....count me out of this party. What an asshole. 😤

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think sitting this one out is totally reasonable. Don't most people have plans of their own on Mother's Day? Maybe she didn't realize it fell on that day when she planned it.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mothers Day

Mother's Day should be spent doing something nice as a family, it's rude to obligate ppl to any event. Maybe she didn't realize it at the time or she feels its special for her and her daughter on such a special day? Not sure. Regardless I am not going. Attending this is setting myself up for a horrid Mother's Day.

Last edited by 2boysJustOneGirl; April 29th, 2014 at 08:22 AM.
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's absurd. Nobody will go.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no, a friend of mine did this a couple of years ago. It was done as a mistake and her poor daughter had half the class missing her party. I agree it is a bad day to have a party!

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, in this moms defense, she may not even have thought about it. When I was planning my LOs first birthday (birthday is the 9th), I had other obligations on the 9th, 10th, 3rd, and 4th. I actually had the 11th slotted until my own mother pointed out that it was Mother's Day. I decided to shuffle some things around and host one the morning of the 4th instead, but truthfully, if I hadn't been able to do that, I might have had it on the 11th anyway.

I don't think that getting a birthday invite obligates anyone to attend. It's an invite. Turn it down, or don't. It's your choice. I'm sure she wouldn't have any hard feelings if you said "Me and my family are doing a Mother's Day thing that day, we can't attend XXXs party, we send our love." In fact, if you are feeling it would be too tough emotionally, it probably worked out even better for you, there is a tidy, reasonable "out" for you to not attend.

But Mothers Day, to me, is a day to spend with family. And a family party strikes me a hitting that mark. So I guess I didn't think I was being an "asshole" for considering it. To each their own.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A family party is a great idea! I am not her family tho so to me it is just so wrong. But yes, to each their own. Maybe she didn't realize what day it was. I hope for the sake of human decency and respect for mothers everywhere that nobody would intentionally make their child's party on Mother's Day unless there was absolutely no other option (there is always other options!). But that is just my take.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Family party is one thing but to expect friends of a small child to attend instead of typical Mother's Day activities is not reasonable.

If it was a mistake, I'd expect once realized, the party would be postponed. Nobody would have to audacity to think people would attend a child's party instead of seeing their mom/grandmother on Mother's Day!!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums