Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you have a daughter already...

I completely understand that GD does not always follow the "rules" and behave itself. I completely understand that it is 100% possible to have very severe GD even if you already have one or more of your desired gender. I completely understand that for some people the GD feelings may even be stronger for a second or third of a particular gender than it is for some of us who are mostly ok with being boy moms and just have that dream. It is totally ok on this site to have GD for a second girl or third or an all girl family (and the same goes for boys, it's just that we don't have any on here now). We understand and are here for you to vent to. I am not in any way shape or form trying to diminish your feelings at all and I do not want this post to have in any way a chilling effect on the posts you make. Everyone is welcome on this site.

That having been said, if you already have a daughter, PLEASE use some amount of compassion in the things that you post. It really can feel like a slap in the face for those of us who have tons of boys and no daughter or only one daughter after a lot of boys, when someone who already has a daughter or more than one daughter or who did not have to have like a half-dozen boys to get their daughter, makes certain remarks. I'm not going to go into what those remarks are specifically since I am not trying to call any one person out on this but there is one person on this site who has repeatedly posted things that rub me the wrong way (and I am not very sensitive to stuff like this, so I can only imagine how it feels to others). Just take a moment and ask yourself if what you're about to post is even necessary and how it might make someone who has zero daughters and 3-4-5 boys and are still hoping, or those who are trying to move on with their lives with their boys, or those who do have some mixed feelings even after having a daughter after a buttload of boys and still hope for a second one (which again, is normal!! and totally fine to feel like this!).

Just because you did not end up with your perfect perfect Barbie Dream House family, please do not make comments that are hurtful to the rest of us. It's fine to talk about your feelings but just please, please do it with some modicum of compassion.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; April 24th, 2017 at 07:33 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ