Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

For Mum's of three, four or more of the same sex

So here I am 35 weeks pregnant with my fourth boy. It's been a difficult pregnancy (I'm actually currently on bedrest in hospital due to some bleeding from placenta previa) and I'm feeling guilty as anything because when all I should be thinking about is my newest baby, I'm still bothered by thoughts of the little girl I will never have (this is definitely my last pregnancy). And I know I will love and cherish this new little man in my life like I love and adore all my boys, but there's this emptiness in my heart too. I did do what I could to sway girl naturally (tried the last two pregnancies actually) which I think makes it sting even more. So my question is, to those who have several of the same sex, when did you make peace with it? Do you ever lose that dream of the girl or boy you will never have?
    and one on the way

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am pregnant with my third boy after a failed sway. I am definitely still bothered by thoughts about a daughter almost every day. I don't have any answers about how it will feel for me long term if I never go on to have one. In the short-term the things that help me the most are spending time with my sons. They went away for the weekend and I got myself so worked up about this baby not being my daughter, when my sons came home they called me beautiful and argued about giving me the first hug and it brought me back down quite a bit. I think I am rarely sad I won't have a daughter when I am spending time with them. It also helps me to look at their baby pictures and remember how it felt to have a little baby and how wonderful my next son will be. Good luck, I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and you make your peace with everything.
    2018 Sway opposite
    2020 HT baby

*2 Embryos remain

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @Share315, I know how you feel. I'm just the other way around. I have two girls aged 7 and 4 and currently pregnant with twin girls. We were hoping and praying and was so sure that it will be at least one boy, but I found out at a private scan (alone) at 14 weeks and it hit me hard. Hubby will only find out at the end of the month. I just can tell him.

I have been going through the bags of boy clothes that was given to me by a friend over the weekend and I have to say that even though I was a little sad that I wont be getting a boy, I wasn't heartbroken. I still get my days where I am really sad and I just don't want to go through with the pregnancy and I'm dreading the birth, but then I get other days when I am a little bit excited. This will also be my last pregnancy. I will be getting my tubes tied.

I think I am more sad for my husband as he really wanted a little boy to carry on the family name. And I know we will be mocked and made jokes of when family and friends learn its another 2 girls. It's just so difficult to wrap my mind around the knowledge that I won't have a boy. I have 3 brothers and my whole family is mostly boys, so I always thought I would have a boy. I am not a girly type but with my girls I had to quickly learn.

I'm sorry you feel this way and I'm sorry I cannot give you any support or advise. But I truly do hope that you find peace. Good luck.
    Born 2010

Born 2014

Pregnant with FRATERNAL TWINS!!! July 2018!