Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

With pigeon pairs do you think the "most" perfect order to most people would be boy first then girl?

Being in my predicament, I often analyze gender patters, what society in general desires more/what and so forth. I've came to the conclusion most men wants sons and most women want daughters. But what if it's your first child?

Pigeon pairs seems to be the most "desired" by society (definitely not everyone), but I have also noticed this. It seems the most "desired" form of pigeon pair is boy FIRST followed by a girl, verses girl first followed by boy (although this order comes #2 and is still desired more than two of the same sex). I have a daughter now and would love a boy next (wouldn't mind another girl though). But anyways i had a friend ask me what I would like for #2 and I expressed I desired a boy, she said that would be lovely but my "perfect pair" would be in the "wrong" order. I have heard this several other times too. So do you think the most preferred order is boy followed by girl or that it doesn't matter?

I have also noticed there is a slight preference (only slight, nothing drastic) for girls on this site and others like it that have mostly women posters, BUT again I don't know that this is necessarily for your first child. I still think the majority prefer pigeon pair in the order of boy followed by girl, but then it becomes a problem when you keep getting boys. This could be a coincidence because, again, it is only a slight preference. Please note that I know that not everyone would like a pigeon pair and some would like two girls or two boys, I am just speaking of the majority. Which is super irritating, I agree, when you get grief over having another boy or another girl. I sometimes wonder why society has these ideas of what's "right". I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this with pigeon pairs, or if I'm just imaging this and it doesn't matter which order as long as you have one of each. I'm sure that most of the women on here that desire a girl, did not have this preference with their first child. Infact most probably wanted a boy for their first, and got him, but kept on having boys and they now want a girl to experience both sides. I've met very few people that have gender dissapointment and didn't want a boy with their first child.
    Last edited by Firstbornblue; April 23rd, 2018 at 05:45 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think most people care, in my experience, between BG and GB.

Trust me there are PLENTY of women on here who wanted a girl for their first! But I don't think you're imagining it, I suspect you're right that there may be a small preference for a boy first. But probably not as strong as you suspect.

I did want a boy for my first and luckily got him. But it wasn't because of the pigeon pair idea. At that point in my life I felt like I got along better with boys/men, that was all. I was pretty happy with 2 boys for a long time (13+ years!) and while I was curious about what a girl would be like, I didn't have this all-consuming desire until I was pregnant with my 3rd boy. I honestly never really knew pigeon pairs were such a sought after thing until after that - most people I knew never cared about it that much.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I don't think most people care, in my experience, between BG and GB.

Trust me there are PLENTY of women on here who wanted a girl for their first! But I don't think you're imagining it, I suspect you're right that there may be a small preference for a boy first. But probably not as strong as you suspect.

I did want a boy for my first and luckily got him. But it wasn't because of the pigeon pair idea. At that point in my life I felt like I got along better with boys/men, that was all. I was pretty happy with 2 boys for a long time (13+ years!) and while I was curious about what a girl would be like, I didn't have this all-consuming desire until I was pregnant with my 3rd boy. I honestly never really knew pigeon pairs were such a sought after thing until after that - most people I knew never cared about it that much.
    I agree! I think it's suspected as doing things the "right way" by a lot of people, when you have a pigeon pair (either BG or GB), BUT BG is especially "right". I don't know why this is I have just noticed this. I definitely think the high number of women on here who are here because they want a girl, did not have this preference for their first and even probably preferred a boy, which I understand because they lack a daughter and would like that experience as well, which is normal. I would say this is most although not all, I know some are just all around pro girl and want only girls even for their first, but this is not the majority. Same goes for women who want all boys.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of the women on here actually DID have a strong preference for a girl with their first though. There are quite a few who have wanted a girl all along or even only girls. It's one of those things where everyone just has that dream family in whatever form and everyone's vision is a little different! For some of us, it's hard to give up that dream family in favor of the reality of whatever combo of genders in whatever order the universe has planned for us.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There might be a cultural preference for BG families but there are no "perfect" families and I think it's callous of your friend to say your family composition is less desirable. Every family composition has its advantages and disadvantages. There's truly nothing at all wrong with GB or GG or GGB or GGG or only child G, etc. It's hard but try not to let someone else's shallow cultural preferences influence your feelings about your own family. There are happy and unhappy families with every combination of sexes and ages.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush, SoFullofHope liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by SoFullofHope; April 29th, 2018 at 04:52 AM.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A lot of women want girls for their first, I know I did. I think it would be pretty equal if you polled people. As long as you get one of each, most people are happy with either order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I absolutely wanted a boy first, but got a girl (and thank goodness I got her she is the most awesome girl!). I swayed Trivers Willard for my boy and got him. I wanted more but alas it wasn't meant to be. I agree with lindz, it's probably 50/50!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post