Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes we WANT it to be at least partly, hopefully mostly muscle.

We eat more because we want the nutrients, not because we want to add fat. gaining weight in the form of muscle is ideal for blue.

Dried fruit is ok, but it's very very sugary. It's fine to eat sometimes but overall I think it is best to "spend" your calories on things that are really nutrient dense and are not just basically candy (dry fruit is so sweet, it is practically like eating candy!)

Granola is GREAT, especially when it has nuts!
    Thank u so much Atomic! Do you have any good advice on how to increase your appetite? I feel that sometimes I have to force myself to eat, especially when I'm tired. It scares me a bit because I'm afraid it might ruin my blue sway. Then I wonder how I in the best way can eat more salt?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't worry about eating salt. The theory on salt never made any sense and we gave up on it and our results are higher than ever. Just eat to taste.

If you have a light appetite and can never eat as much as some other people, that is ok! The important thing is that you're eating more than you were! Don't compare yourself to other people, compare yourself to yourself!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't worry about eating salt. The theory on salt never made any sense and we gave up on it and our results are higher than ever. Just eat to taste.

If you have a light appetite and can never eat as much as some other people, that is ok! The important thing is that you're eating more than you were! Don't compare yourself to other people, compare yourself to yourself!
    Thank you Atomic. I have a question about folic acid. I read that you need to take 2000mcg folic acid per day for blue sway. According to the Swedish Medicines Agency, the recommendation is to take a maximum of 500 mcg per day. Isn't it dangerous with too much folic acid? I know that ur rekommendation her on GD is always safe so im just wondering. Another question is that my husband now takes medication for pollen allergy and will probably do so during the summer. Could it affect our blue sway if we want ttc in the fall? Thank you so much for your time Atomic !!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived a baby boy with a neural tube defect taking 800 mcg a day plus eating a super healthy diet that had lots of additional folic acid in it. Many, many sources (including a lot of prenatal vitamin manufacturers and gynecological organizations) recommend 1000 in addition to a diet that has FA/folate in it. Some of the things people use for sways such as green tea may block folic acid (and indeed, I was drinking a very small amount of green tea when I conceived my son with the NTD). Excess sodium, herbal supplements (which people take against my wishes very often) and the things like baking soda drink, Ural, Alka Seltzer some people insist on using also block and cause excess excretion of folic acid and folate.

I have the blue sway recommendation for FA/folate set at that level to protect against any neural tube defects even with the green tea, high sodium, herbs, and other things people may ingest over my wishes. Also in case of twins, which may need that higher level of folic acid. Boys may even need somewhat more to begin with, since they need more of all nutrients. It just seems like a good idea to me and my research indicates it is fully safe if you take it as directed and wean off at the end of the first trimester.

Most of us who have baby with NTD are told to take 4000-5000 mcg with subsequent pregnancies. It is not believed harmful for anyone without the MTHFR mutation to take folic acid in this amount, and it is fine for everyone to take folate in that amount (so if you are worried about it, just use folate, it can't harm you.) during the first trimester. You will just urinate out any excess. After that point taking extra FA may be harmful but we have you wean off at that point to the amount in a prenatal.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived a baby boy with a neural tube defect taking 800 mcg a day plus eating a super healthy diet that had lots of additional folic acid in it. Many, many sources (including a lot of prenatal vitamin manufacturers and gynecological organizations) recommend 1000 in addition to a diet that has FA/folate in it. Some of the things people use for sways such as green tea may block folic acid (and indeed, I was drinking a very small amount of green tea when I conceived my son with the NTD). Excess sodium, herbal supplements (which people take against my wishes very often) and the things like baking soda drink, Ural, Alka Seltzer some people insist on using also block and cause excess excretion of folic acid and folate.

I have the blue sway recommendation for FA/folate set at that level to protect against any neural tube defects even with the green tea, high sodium, herbs, and other things people may ingest over my wishes. Also in case of twins, which may need that higher level of folic acid. Boys may even need somewhat more to begin with, since they need more of all nutrients. It just seems like a good idea to me and my research indicates it is fully safe if you take it as directed and wean off at the end of the first trimester.

Most of us who have baby with NTD are told to take 4000-5000 mcg with subsequent pregnancies. It is not believed harmful for anyone without the MTHFR mutation to take folic acid in this amount, and it is fine for everyone to take folate in that amount (so if you are worried about it, just use folate, it can't harm you.) during the first trimester. You will just urinate out any excess. After that point taking extra FA may be harmful but we have you wean off at that point to the amount in a prenatal.
    Thank you so much Atomic for this explanation. How much gelatin juice can you drink per day for blue sway? Can I use gelatin powder from the Great Lakes brand that is from beef and not pork? Regarding 9 servings of fruit, must it be fruit or can it be vegetables too?

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes the Great Lakes stuff is fantastic.

I wouldn't go overboard with the gelatin drink. 1-2 a day is plenty.

Yes it can be vegetables and we count juice, lemon water, coconut water as fruit/veg.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes the Great Lakes stuff is fantastic.

I wouldn't go overboard with the gelatin drink. 1-2 a day is plenty.

Yes it can be vegetables and we count juice, lemon water, coconut water as fruit/veg.
    Thanks Atomic! I have a question about when DH is riding bike. Is the influence of biking long-lasting? If he bikes a few times now this summer and we ttc this fall, can the biking ruin our blue sway?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No it would be fine by then!!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No it would be fine by then!!!
    Thanks Atomic !! I have some questions about the personalized plan. How does it work? Will I answer some questions and then you make a plan for me? How long does it take before I get the plan? Will we have daily contact? Do I have to write you every day? When changes occur in my conditions, such as my weight, life situation, diet, exercise, will my plan be adjusted? I think I want to tcc sometime in October or November. I also wonder if there have been any results for the year 2018 on peoples sways?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes the personalized plans are made just for you based on some questionnaires. It usually takes me about 7-10 days to do a plan but I actually just finished all my outstanding plans today and could get one done right away. We have as little or as much contact as you want. I will almost always answer you within 24 hours (which is not always or even usualy the case in the free forums) and often more than one time in a day if need be. But you do not need to message me daily! Just whenever you want on your end.

Then I am your coach and I work with you as we go to change things based on weight, life situation, etc.

We are at 71% success rate for boys in 2018.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast