Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I prefer that you guys stick to the recommended daily allowance which is only 2.6 micrograms (I am hoping you are taking 1000 MICROgrams not milligrams.) Please wean off that gradually - DO NOT just suddenly stop taking it, please wean off over a month or so by gradually spacing doses further and further out. There are risks and side effects (some known, and some we don't know are also possible, of course) from taking high doses of nutrients and I do not ever recommend that.

Those are fine vitamins for your husband to take.
    Oh my goodness Atomic !! Im glad that I asked you about B12, I realize now that I take way too much, so I have taken a lot more than recommended intake! I have taken 1 milligrams which is equivalent to 1000 micrograms. Is it dangerous? I've been taking it for 8 months now. Can it affect my sway? I have thought about ttc in December. How do I wean off that? The tablet is very small, should I split it up? Or should I take every other day? I also wonder how much magnesium do you recommend for blue sway?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad too. They should not even sell those high doses IMO. While you can't "overdose" on it - luckily you excrete a lot and it's hard for your body to absorb much via supplements - it has been linked to making cancer grow much faster and women with high levels of folic acid and B12 in their bodies had a higher chance of a baby with autism. Plus, so many of these things are said to be fine and safe, only to find out years later they were harmful all along, so I personally just prefer that you guys stick with a reasonable dose in the ballpark of what your body uses normally.

Just start spacing the doses out more. Instead of taking it every day, take it every other day, then stretch that out further and further. Plenty of time to be off it by December.

I prefer you guys take no more than 200-250 mg magnesium. You can take more than that - such as, I know some take it for sleeping - but it causes diarrhea and then you're just losing nutrients (and electrolytes, which can be harmful, in addition to being unpleasant) Then you'll also be getting some from foods and stuff.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad too. They should not even sell those high doses IMO. While you can't "overdose" on it - luckily you excrete a lot and it's hard for your body to absorb much via supplements - it has been linked to making cancer grow much faster and women with high levels of folic acid and B12 in their bodies had a higher chance of a baby with autism. Plus, so many of these things are said to be fine and safe, only to find out years later they were harmful all along, so I personally just prefer that you guys stick with a reasonable dose in the ballpark of what your body uses normally.

Just start spacing the doses out more. Instead of taking it every day, take it every other day, then stretch that out further and further. Plenty of time to be off it by December.

I prefer you guys take no more than 200-250 mg magnesium. You can take more than that - such as, I know some take it for sleeping - but it causes diarrhea and then you're just losing nutrients (and electrolytes, which can be harmful, in addition to being unpleasant) Then you'll also be getting some from foods and stuff.
    Thank you so much for your help Atomic !! I promise this is my last question about vitamins: Is it okay for me to start taking two tablets of my multivitamin? Because it fits well with my vitamin D and my folic acid. If I do so Then I will take exactly 25 µg of vitamin D and 1900 µg of folic acid. I will also take 241 mg of magnesium. What I'm still not sure about is calcium. If I take two tablets of my multivitamin, I will get 240 mg of calcium. Is it enough? Or should I continue to take extra calcium? Here's a picture again of my multivitamin, is it ok if I take two tablets? The picture below shows the amount I get from a tablet.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because that multivitamin has low doses of everything it is ok to take two. Please note, anyone else reading this, it is generally NOT a good idea to take two multivitamins. You don't want to get any more than 100% of anything other than Vit. D and folic acid. Reline's vitamin has low doses so it's ok to take two, but most it isn't.

You'll also be getting some calcium via diet. I would just roll with what is in there and not take more.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because that multivitamin has low doses of everything it is ok to take two. Please note, anyone else reading this, it is generally NOT a good idea to take two multivitamins. You don't want to get any more than 100% of anything other than Vit. D and folic acid. Reline's vitamin has low doses so it's ok to take two, but most it isn't.

You'll also be getting some calcium via diet. I would just roll with what is in there and not take more.
    Thanks so much Atomic !! I have some questions again;
    1. When I have period pain I usually take a pain tablet (ibuprofen), can it affect my blue sway?

2. Now when I start taking two tablets of my
    multivitamin I will get 120mg of vitamin C and my priobiotic contains 96mg of vitamin C. Is it ok for blue sway? Or too much?

3. As I mentioned before, my DH is a dentist and it is known that there are theories that they have more daughters. Is there anything he can do to increase the chances of having a boy? (In addition to sway stuff like diet, exercise, supplement and bd-pattern) Is there anything we should be thinking of?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Occasional use of painkillers is fine. Painkillers may sway slightly pink but the occasional use of anything is fine.

Yes that's fine. I truly do not think Vitamin C sways pink (in fact, I think normal intake sways blue) but the pH people say otherwise.

I would be sure your husband isn't wearing tight fitting underwear, isn't jogging/biking, and if he has to sit for long periods he should get up and walk around every hour or so.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Occasional use of painkillers is fine. Painkillers may sway slightly pink but the occasional use of anything is fine.

Yes that's fine. I truly do not think Vitamin C sways pink (in fact, I think normal intake sways blue) but the pH people say otherwise.

I would be sure your husband isn't wearing tight fitting underwear, isn't jogging/biking, and if he has to sit for long periods he should get up and walk around every hour or so.
    Thanks Atomic! Do I need to take my supplements at certain times of the day? I usually take all my supplements in the morning after eating breakfast. The only thing I take in the evening is magnesium. So after breakfast I take multivitamin, vitamin D, fish oil, folic acid and probiotic. I mostly think if certain supplements can affect the effect of other supplements?

Another question I have is if you know if blood donation can affect blue sway? DH has started donating blood a few times a year and after doing so he usually takes iron tablets.

Thank u for ur time!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do like you guys to take small doses of folic acid throughout the day if at all possible. If not, it's fine, but I have read it's better used by the body to take some in the morning, some at lunch, and some at dinner.

If DH wants to donate blood a few times a year that's fine. Men are a lot less susceptible to anemia than women are. If he takes a little iron now and then to make up for it, even better.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do like you guys to take small doses of folic acid throughout the day if at all possible. If not, it's fine, but I have read it's better used by the body to take some in the morning, some at lunch, and some at dinner.

If DH wants to donate blood a few times a year that's fine. Men are a lot less susceptible to anemia than women are. If he takes a little iron now and then to make up for it, even better.
    Thanks Atomic! Now I have some thoughts again: 1. Do you notice any difference in the body when taking probiotic? I have taken it soon for a month but I do not notice any difference.

2. Do you think I should drink gelatin juice throughout the cycle or just around ovulation?

3. How important is it that I reach up to about 90 g of protein in one day? It feels like no matter how much I try, I have a hard time reaching up to that amount. For example, if I start the day with two toasts with two boiled eggs and a glass of freshly squeezed juice at. 7.00, first snack at. 9.30 I eat oatmeal with yogurt, nuts and berries with a cup of black tea, at. 11.30 am I eat an apple with some nuts, at 12.30 I have lunch with either meat, chicken or fish, some vegetables and either rice, potatoes, bulgur, or pasta, at. 2.30 pm I eat a fruit with some nuts, at. At 4:30 pm I either eat cheese and nuts or toast with peanut butter, at. At 18.00 I have dinner with meat, chicken or fish, vegetables, and either rice, bulgur or pasta, at. 7.30 pm I eat some fruit and cheese or nuts, at. At 9pm I eat a bowl of granola without sugar with yogurt and nuts. How much protein do you think I achieve after such a day? I will also try to drink regular water and coconut water. Thanks so much for your time !!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes it makes people have diarrhea when they first start it, but other than that, probiotic should have no effect.

I really doubt the gelatin juice does a whole lot and I got 4 boys without it. It's up to you - it did not seem to be associated with possibly more opposites (the milk replacers and wheatgrass supplements DID seem associated with more opposites)

As long as you're eating more protein than you were when you got your girls, but most of all than you were recently, it's all good. The important thing is to send your body that message that times are better than they were, so if you were eating 30 g protein and are now eating 70, that's great!

But that having been said, I cannot tell you how many grams of protein that is. It looks like a LOT! I'd be shocked if it wasn't 90 g, but I can't know without knowing the portion sizes and stuff.

If you're getting stuffed full and don't have room for more protein, err on the side of cutting back on carby foods. Protein plus carbs = boys, but you don't need that many carbs. For instance:

Breakfast: have 1 toast with eggs or even just juice and eggs if the juice is sweet tasting (like orange or pineapple). That is still protein + carbs and saves you a bit of calories. If you wanted to boost protein, you could have 3 eggs and juice and be less stuffed.

If you're stuffed with your snacks, have just one of those things. Have yogurt and berries, for instance. Or an apple and nuts. That is just sooo much food it's no wonder you may have less room for protein which is very filling. I would have just one snack with more protein between the two snacks.

Lunch: I'd either skip or cut way back on the rice, potatoes, bulgur, pasta to give yourself more room for the meat.

Snacks, again, I'm not sure you need two snacks between lunch and dinner. I'd try a bigger serving of protein in ONE snack rather than two. I have never eaten that often and I have 4 boys!

Dinner - again, if you're too full for meat, cut back on the starches

Snacks - 2 snacks is probably not necessary.

I suspect you're so full from eating everything that you don't have enough room to eat protein.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast