Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most miscarriages have nothing to do with anything you did or didn't do, it's just that something went wrong. Nothing in the blue sway should contribute to miscarriage in any way. I would definitely have your thyroid checked as sometmes thyroid problems are associated with later losses at about 12 weeks. But in most cases we never know why they occurred.

Were you weaning off folic acid at that point??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Most miscarriages have nothing to do with anything you did or didn't do, it's just that something went wrong. Nothing in the blue sway should contribute to miscarriage in any way. I would definitely have your thyroid checked as sometmes thyroid problems are associated with later losses at about 12 weeks. But in most cases we never know why they occurred.

Were you weaning off folic acid at that point??
    I tested for the thyroid in week 6 and I had to take medicine for my thyroid so I started using medicine immediately. I had the same problem in my pregnancy with my daughter but it was not detected as early as this time, but it was discovered after two months. I started wean off the folic acid in week 10. I used to take 3 folic acid tablets a day a 500 µg. I stopped with one of the tablets in week 10 then the week after I stopped with another tablet then I got my miscarriage. Should I have stopped using folic acid earlier? Can too much folic acid cause miscarriage?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, you came off the tablets just fine. Many people drop folic acid all of a sudden at 12 weeks and we suspect this may cause some losses.

I hope it's obvious I would not have you guys take extra folic acid if it could cause miscarriage. Folic acid PREVENTS miscarriage and I want you to do what you did in any subsequent pregnancies.

The two most likely causes of miscarriage at 12 weeks are thyroid and chromosomal abnormalities. I think they need to get you on thyroid medication immediately upon BFN this time. Chromosomal abnormalities are like lighting, they usually don't strike twice in the same place (although I know that is little consolation) and the odds are good you will not have another loss.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, you came off the tablets just fine. Many people drop folic acid all of a sudden at 12 weeks and we suspect this may cause some losses.

I hope it's obvious I would not have you guys take extra folic acid if it could cause miscarriage. Folic acid PREVENTS miscarriage and I want you to do what you did in any subsequent pregnancies.

The two most likely causes of miscarriage at 12 weeks are thyroid and chromosomal abnormalities. I think they need to get you on thyroid medication immediately upon BFN this time. Chromosomal abnormalities are like lighting, they usually don't strike twice in the same place (although I know that is little consolation) and the odds are good you will not have another loss.
    Thanks Atomic, I read this that u wrote on one thread; ”Once you've had more than one loss and particularly 3 or more, I strongly suggest dropping folic acid all together (even in fortified foods) and switching over to folate only”.
    Is it only if u have had more than one loss? Can some people not take folic acid? I feel like if i had another loss i wouldnt try again cause its to hard to go through.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is fine if you'd like to switch to folate. It is not something I recommend for one loss. Yes, a small minority of people don't tolerate folic acid well (but most of them already are aware of that.) Everyone can tolerate folate perfectly fine. So if you'd like to switch to folate that's fine.

I understand it is so tempting to want to find something that you can point to and say "aha this is the thing that I can change that will guarantee I don't have a loss". But unfortunately, there is no guarantee I can give you (if there was, I'd already have you do that thing!) Even switching to folate is not a guarantee. I just want you to understand that so you can make peace with the idea that this was nothing you did or didn't do.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is fine if you'd like to switch to folate. It is not something I recommend for one loss. Yes, a small minority of people don't tolerate folic acid well (but most of them already are aware of that.) Everyone can tolerate folate perfectly fine. So if you'd like to switch to folate that's fine.

I understand it is so tempting to want to find something that you can point to and say "aha this is the thing that I can change that will guarantee I don't have a loss". But unfortunately, there is no guarantee I can give you (if there was, I'd already have you do that thing!) Even switching to folate is not a guarantee. I just want you to understand that so you can make peace with the idea that this was nothing you did or didn't do.
    Hi Atomic! Whats ur opinion on ice cream when swaying boy? Thank u!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i ate tons of it when I got my boys. I am completely fine with you guys having ice cream as a part of a sway diet, just don't make it a food group unto itself (especially if you're gaining lots of weight fast)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i ate tons of it when I got my boys. I am completely fine with you guys having ice cream as a part of a sway diet, just don't make it a food group unto itself (especially if you're gaining lots of weight fast)
    Hi Atomic, I did a boysway in December and got pregnant immediately then I had a miscarriage in February, the doctor said that it seems that the fetus stopped developing already in week 6. I did another sway this June and got pregnant again from the first attempt and now I had a miscarriage in week 6 again. I'm completely broken, I do not know what to do or how to continue living. I do not understand what is wrong. I have always had very regular periods and ovulation. Do you have any experience of someone who has been in the same situation as me? I get mad thinking that there's something about the boy sway that makes me miscarry. I had a completely flawless pregnancy with my daughter without any complications. Please give me an answer, please help me!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no I'm so so sorry.

There is nothing in the blue sway that could cause any harm, but please tell me what exactly you were taking in terms of supplements. Sometimes people start taking supplements that are not what I recommend and I just want to rule that out. Even things that seem harmless like herbal teas, I want to know about them.

I would have testing done to be sure you don't have any underlying conditions that may be causing this. Some people can have one healthy pregnancy and then after that they have issues with their body attacking the fetus so we need to be sure you don't have that going on.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no I'm so so sorry.

There is nothing in the blue sway that could cause any harm, but please tell me what exactly you were taking in terms of supplements. Sometimes people start taking supplements that are not what I recommend and I just want to rule that out. Even things that seem harmless like herbal teas, I want to know about them.

I would have testing done to be sure you don't have any underlying conditions that may be causing this. Some people can have one healthy pregnancy and then after that they have issues with their body attacking the fetus so we need to be sure you don't have that going on.
    I have only taken vitamin D, folic acid, my multivitamin, fish oil (500mg), priobotic and magnesium (125mg). You've looked at my vitamins before and approved them. I have not taken anything more. I have stayed away from all herbs, I drink no tea, no soft drinks, no caffeine, no alcohol. I do not take anything that has sweeteners or additives. I have only used natural ingredients. One thing I keep in mind is that I usually need to take medicine for my thyroid gland when I get pregnant. I would be tested for this in a week, when I enter week 7. Could that be the reason for my miscarriages? That I must take the medicine immediately when I test positive for pregnancy? When I was pregnant with my daughter, I started taking thyroid medicine only after 1-2 months into the pregnancy.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast