Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Who else has a kid with gender desire?

Who else has an older child who desperately wanted a specific gender sibling? It's so hard to see my DD1 bummed about this! She really wanted a brother. With DD2, DD1 was too little to really have a preference. And they get along well, but DD1 is very much a tomboy and really wanted a brother to play with ... she was all excited to teach him about Batman and give him her old superhero shirts, LOL. When we went to pick out a blanket for the new baby yesterday she kept asking if we could just get a blue one, because maybe this girl will be a tomboy like her

It's actually surprised me because until we told her we were having another she really never expressed any disappointment with having a sister, or any desire for a little brother. But now that we're having another girl, she's asking if we can please have a boy next. 'Cause it's that easy

Anyhow, I am SURE there are others whose kids have some gender desire too. How are you handling it? Did your kids move on after the birth or keep bringing it up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes me.
    When pregnant with our 3rd my then 8 year old cried her eyes out in the scan room when they told us it was a girl

It broke my heart
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DS really wanted a brother with our 3rd. He kept saying the baby was a boy before we found out gender, and he was a little disappointed when we said he was getting a baby sister, but he got over it quickly, and he loves his baby sister now. But he has been asking for a brother off and on ever since. He even picked out a name--Dexter--and has asked when his brother is coming (he has NO IDEA we are planning a 4th or trying for a boy).

As for your DD... I was an over-the-top tomboy (hated dresses, wouldn't touch dolls, couldn't stand anything girly) and as a child most of my friends were boys; now they are mostly women. And even though I have a brother, I am closer to my sister now (I haven't talked to my brother in a year, but I talk to my sister weekly). I guess my point is, she will be fine with sisters, no matter how much of a tomboy she is!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When we found out about DD 3, DD1 was 5 and she said "we already have enough girls". It stung. She said she wanted a boy, etc and then once she was here, never a mention. AFTER having DS, the same DD1 has asked why he is a boy and if we are going to have another baby because she wants ANOTHER GIRL! Kids are fickle and they ARE just kids and have no clue what they are talking about!

She will get past it. DD3 is a joy in our home and she makes all of us smile. My DD1 is a tomboy too, or she tries really hard to be!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awww, TTC5 ... that IS hard! Especially because I know DD3 was your toughest GD too. Did she do better with DD4?

Thanks Hobber and NBP! I figured I was not at all the only person to have this issue. I think she'll move on when the baby arrives. Part of what seems to stir it up for her is ultrasounds, and I've had more this pregnancy. Every time I have one (like today) DD1 always asks if it is still a girl. I think some of it is the concept of the gender being set in stone hasn't hit her, and once DD3 is here she will understand better that this isn't going to change.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have talked to SD1 and SD2 about having another baby, and they both told me to get a boy next because they don't have a brother. They have my DD as a half sister and they have 2 other step sisters.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It can be so sad.

I was told at 18 weeks that baby #4 was a girl and my DD was soooo excited to be getting a sister after having 2 big brothers that don't want to play with her since she likes such girlie stuff...well, we had another u/s at 22 weeks and they told us it was a BOY instead...DD was there and was soooo sad. She cried and was super mad at the tech. She is so sick of being the only girl!...I don't blame her.

She adores her baby brother and they play together alot but I still hear her praying for a baby sister all the time. Poor kid.
    Now SIXbabies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahh five babies, that's heartbreaking! Hopefully you can give her a baby sister still

My oldest keeps telling he doesn't want another brother, or as he keeps emphasising to me: "NO MORE Evans, please, don't want another Evan!" (DS2)...he doesn't want another baby period, (he is only 4, so he wasn't happy when Evan came along, they have a 3 + age gap), but now he tells me if we *must* have a baby (he is really becoming bossy out of nowhere?) that it HAS to be a baby sister. So here's hoping, but I know he won't be immedialetly crazy about another brother, but I'm sure he'll be fine after a while if the baby is a boy.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Love how they think we chose what we have! LOL
    Now SIXbabies!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes my 9 year old wants a sister so badly and I feel awful because I feel like I let him down when I say it's a boy 3 more times
    so im back and

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast