Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Disappointed

Hi everyone!
    I swayed boy, and did everything I could except stop breastfeeding DD2 for my sway. DH even took a couple of supps and cut back on alcohol.
    I’ve had three hcg levels and they were very high but within normal range according to betabase. 610 at 15 dpo, 1864 at 17 dpo, and 12,500 at 21 dpo. I was told that I ovulated from my left ovary at my first ultrasound and it looks like the baby is on the left side of my uterus in the US pic (so Ramzi would say girl). I know none of these is definitive for a girl, but every little OWT/kind-of-scientific thing is pointing toward girl. I can’t help but be disappointed. Did anyone have a boy with high hcg levels? Ovulate from the left and have a boy? Ramzi wrong for? I’m also considering not going team green this time. We didn’t find out for DD2 and it was so fun, but I knew we wanted three kids, so we still had a chance for a boy. I do think being team green helped me have an I medicated birth though, so I’m still considering it, because my recovery was so much easier (I know I could’ve been because it was baby2and that road had already been paved &#129315.
    I know I should be happy with a healthy baby and I’m praying this baby is healthy but I can’t help but still pray for a boy too. Thanks for letting me vent. Any advice or encouragement is very much appreciated.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ginger i don't think high levels mean girl at all!! And as for left ovary that definitly doesn't mean anything lots of women have had tubes removed from one side for various reasons eg ectopic pregnancies and they have both sex! I know what you mean though but probably just over analysing ( id be the same! ) you have every chance to have your boy :-) xox

3. Thanks Sillyginger thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dutchess of york had very severe morning sickness with her first baby and it was a boy think that means very high hcg levels??

5. Thanks Sillyginger thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have seen plenty of people get boys from left sided O.

Ramzi never published his study for independent review (a huge red flag) and after having seen several people send him $10 to guess their ultrasounds, and he guessed WRONG, I no longer think there is anything to it at all.

With my 3rd son, every OWT said girl. Every single one. And he is the boyingest boy who ever boyed.

As for the HCG levels, they are like height. It's averages. You can have a tall woman or a short man, and the vast majority of pregnancies fall into the middle. YES people get boys, and lots of them, with higher than average HCG just like there are lots of women out there who are 5-10, 6 ft, or even taller.

And besides that I don't even find your numbers that high. At 15 DPO the highest was 2744. At 17 DPO the highest was 10529. and at 21 DPO the highest was 30360. Your numbers are much, much lower than the highest ones reported, and while they are higher than average if you put them on a bell curve they'd be much closer to the average than to the high that's for sure. And if you're even a day or two off that could really make your number stick out more than it should.

YOur baby could be a girl or a boy at this point. You had a great sway and did all you could do and now it's in the hands of God/luck. I do always recommend finding out if you have a strong preference, though (even though I was Team Green with my first two and loved it).
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks Sillyginger thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nell_ View Post
    Dutchess of york had very severe morning sickness with her first baby and it was a boy think that means very high hcg levels??
    yes it is believed one of the causes of hyperemesis is high HCG levels, and only 3% more female pregnancies than male have HG...47% male, 53% female.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes Nell_ liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank y’all so much. I love this site! Nell, I remember when she was admitted to the hospital for HG with her first! Good point! Atomic, your advice is always so logical. I appreciate you more than you know! I should KNOW that these things don’t mean much, if anything, but just like people get excited about OWT telling them their desired gender, I couldn’t help but feel a bit discouraged that they all say girl. Then I feel guilty when I look at my beautiful, healthy, well-behaved (for the most part) children, and I think how could I have ever wanted a boy instead. For the record, they are both screaming bloody murder at each other as I type. It’s because I said they’re well-behaved.
    If I had to choose between no third child and a baby girl, I’d choose another girl all the way. We’ll see how my husband and I feel closer to the 20 week scan to see if we want to find out the gender or not. I guess we could always do NIPT too.

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all - I have two questions based on above what’s hcg And how’s it monitored and how does one know which ovary they have ovulated from?

Sorry if obvious questions / answers

Ta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillyginger View Post
    Thank y’all so much. I love this site! Nell, I remember when she was admitted to the hospital for HG with her first! Good point! Atomic, your advice is always so logical. I appreciate you more than you know! I should KNOW that these things don’t mean much, if anything, but just like people get excited about OWT telling them their desired gender, I couldn’t help but feel a bit discouraged that they all say girl. Then I feel guilty when I look at my beautiful, healthy, well-behaved (for the most part) children, and I think how could I have ever wanted a boy instead. For the record, they are both screaming bloody murder at each other as I type. It’s because I said they’re well-behaved.
    If I had to choose between no third child and a baby girl, I’d choose another girl all the way. We’ll see how my husband and I feel closer to the 20 week scan to see if we want to find out the gender or not. I guess we could always do NIPT too.
    Exactly sg its so nice to have the reassurance, even if it was right ovary and low hgc levels if you're anything like me you would find other reasons to think it's a girl hehe!! I always thought id be team green but thinking id find out now just so everyone doesn't try to be Clever with their owt telling me its a boy or girl LOL! Hopefully il be pregnant too soon or already am .. sigh! x

14. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PadrePioidevotemyfirstson View Post
    Hi all - I have two questions based on above what’s hcg And how’s it monitored and how does one know which ovary they have ovulated from?

Sorry if obvious questions / answers

Ta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey Padre, not obvious at all! I’ve had a miscarriage in the past so my dr gets several hcg levels to make sure they’re doubling every 48-72 hours. And I had a 6 week scan and the ultrasound tech told me which ovary I ovulated from. She could see the corpus luteum cyst, the cyst from which the ovum pops out that produces the progesterone until the placenta forms af takes over. Hope that clears it up.

16. Thanks PadrePioidevotemyfirstson thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nell_ View Post
    Exactly sg its so nice to have the reassurance, even if it was right ovary and low hgc levels if you're anything like me you would find other reasons to think it's a girl hehe!! I always thought id be team green but thinking id find out now just so everyone doesn't try to be Clever with their owt telling me its a boy or girl LOL! Hopefully il be pregnant too soon or already am .. sigh! x
    Nell, I am praying for your bfp this month!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast