Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Waiting to find out gender

Anyone else waiting for 20w scan? The wait is killing me! I’ve lightly swayed for a girl and would love for my dream of a girl to become a reality, I’m due in August. I have an amazing little 21m old boy already, this may be our last baby but won’t rule out no. 3. 2 of my colleagues have boys and have found out they are having girls next (one was born last night). I’m dying to know! Not that I won’t love a little boy just the same and obviously most important thing is the health of the baby but I’m sort of anxious, especially with this wait. Didn’t know it was possible to browse the internet so much for clues of the gender of the baby! Help! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm with you. I am waiting until birth to find out 😬 I have about 12 weeks left ugh. I have 2 boys and swayed girl, and my 12 week 6 day scan got mostly girl guesses based on the nub, but I still think it's going to be a boy. I'm just dying to know if the nub was right haha that would be so crazy if a girl came out! Did you have any 12-14 week scans that might show the baby's nub?

3. Likes Spence215 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Lovemybabies. You’re amazing to have gotten this far without knowing! I wish my willpower was stronger this time around, I didn’t find out with my son and it was magical, I feel like this time around it would cause me no end of stress and anxiety for an extra 20 weeks if I don’t find out, my husband is already fed up with me googling nub pictures!

That’s a really good sign though that you got girl guesses on your baby’s nub! Must be difficult not to get your hopes up just in case. Though from what I’ve read, if your scan picture was nearer 13 weeks and if nub was clear, it is pretty accurate. I had my 12w scan at 11w6d and there is only one photo with the nub in and it looks like it’s just a section of it so probably isn’t very reliable, that one got boy guesses. The tech wasn’t looking for the nub so it just happened to be in the photo of you see what I mean. Then I gave into temptation and scanned myself at work (I’m a vet) at 13w2d and thought I saw a lot of girl nub looking structures but it might have been wishful thinking or the poor quality of our ultrasound machine. I’ll post the pics anyway.

Sending you lots of patient vibes and hoping the nub guesses are correct for you and you get your little girl

Thanks for messaging, this wait feels so lonely sometimes! X

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last one is 11w6d, these are 13w2d

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Spence215 View Post
    Hi Lovemybabies. You’re amazing to have gotten this far without knowing! I wish my willpower was stronger this time around, I didn’t find out with my son and it was magical, I feel like this time around it would cause me no end of stress and anxiety for an extra 20 weeks if I don’t find out, my husband is already fed up with me googling nub pictures!

That’s a really good sign though that you got girl guesses on your baby’s nub! Must be difficult not to get your hopes up just in case. Though from what I’ve read, if your scan picture was nearer 13 weeks and if nub was clear, it is pretty accurate. I had my 12w scan at 11w6d and there is only one photo with the nub in and it looks like it’s just a section of it so probably isn’t very reliable, that one got boy guesses. The tech wasn’t looking for the nub so it just happened to be in the photo of you see what I mean. Then I gave into temptation and scanned myself at work (I’m a vet) at 13w2d and thought I saw a lot of girl nub looking structures but it might have been wishful thinking or the poor quality of our ultrasound machine. I’ll post the pics anyway.

Sending you lots of patient vibes and hoping the nub guesses are correct for you and you get your little girl

Thanks for messaging, this wait feels so lonely sometimes! X

Haha! My husband is sick of me obsessing over nubs all the time too 😂 I like to look at confirmed ones and guess and I almost always get it right, but I cannot convince myself that this baby is a girl despite the nub looking girly! Lol I just keep thinking the tech must have scanned it at just the perfect angle to look like a girl.

I agree, yours looks like it could possibly be only partially pictured, especially since the tech wasn't trying to capture it. If it does end up being a boy, I think 3 is a great number, but that's just me 😉

Thank you and I hope these next few weeks fly by and you get the news you are hoping for!!

7. Likes Spence215 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are your later nub pictures nub pics again or potty shots Spence? They are looking girly if they are nub pics. When will you be finding out

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. Later shots are nub Tillytys. I am quite convinced that it’s a boy now though, wasn’t supposed to be finding out until end of March but scanned myself again today at 14w4d and got some pretty good potty shots including some videos (can’t seem to upload them here but I’ll post a still from one of them). Definitely looks like boy parts (although I know still early for potty shots). Just trying to get used to the idea of welcoming another little boy into the family (I had never seen myself as a boy mum and am anxious as to what the future may hold!). Also starting to mourn the little girl in my head (at least for the time being.... we have to discuss whether 3 children is right for us and whether we would be happy with 3 boys, which seems a real possibility). Struggling a little here but hopefully it’ll get better. My husband and I have talked a lot, never realised just how much he wanted a girl too and for what reasons... said he wanted a little version of me to love and protect and I broke down
    Don’t know what to do with my emotions right now. And feel like this is such a “taboo” subject. I will love my little boy but will have a void that I’m not sure will be filled. We’ll see what the future holds. All the best everyone and thanks for taking the time to message me xx

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm 13 weeks & 3 days. Some days I decide 100% I'll find out the sex & other days I want it to be a surprise but would like to be organized.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Baby286, is this your first baby? I didn’t find out with my first and loved the surprise, didn’t really have a preference of gender first time around and the birth was magical - definitely recommend if you don’t have a particular preference either way. In terms of organisation, we bought lots of gender neutral bits and then it was lovely to buy more gender specific outfits when my little boy arrived.

This time around it may be our last baby and I am finding it more difficult than I thought I would to imagine life if I don’t have a girl (having grown up with sisters and not having much to do with boys!). So we are finding out this time so I have more time to get my head around things before baby arrives (hence my obsessive scanning myself!). I’m just waiting on confirmation that this one’s a boy at my 20 week scan... you can probably see from the above pic that it’s fairly likely! I have just had a lovely evening out with my husband, son and in-laws and am feeling much better. My son is 21 months and we took him out to soft play, dinner and then bowling and had a great time. I am starting to realise that gender is so stereotyped and am beginning to see that it’s the individual child that is what’s important. Literally the only things I think I will miss are braiding hair, pretty clothes and the more girl specific activities like ballet... most other things you can still do with a boy (even ballet if he’s that way inclined!). Sorry just blabbing.

Whatever you decide to do, just make sure you feel comfortable either way... find out if it helps you plan/mentally prepare or are just dying to know, hold out for a surprise if it doesn’t kill you because it is very special if you can xxx

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast