Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Having a very hard day- TW mixed gender family

Had a hard day today and looking for a little encouragement. Had my 12 week ultrasound and bloodwork done yesterday. Thank God baby looked healthy and active. I was 12 weeks 3 days by very accurate dating but measured 12 weeks 6 days which is pretty normal for my previous pregnancies. Tech said it was too early for her to tell but she’d “say boy because of the angle” (of the nub). She said it would probably be very clear in another few days. I’ve shown my closest friends my photos just to share, they don’t know about nub theory and one of them said “I don’t know why but I immediately thought ‘Beautiful girl’” and the other said she keeps getting glimpses of me having another girl. Posted my pics to a couple of gender ultrasound forums and have gotten both boy and girl guesses. I know this is completely stupid of me but I feel like the slight hope I came away with yesterday after the ultrasound has been dashed. Then I start to feel like a fool for even trying for another boy and that I don’t deserve another son anyway. I know that regardless I will love this baby with all of my heart but I’m just feeling really low right now. Three of my coworkers are pregnant two with boys and one with a girl. I’m wondering if I missed a “boy season” and will end up with a girl by default. Again, I know this is silly and I wish with all my might I didn’t feel like this but it’s just where I am at for the moment. Thanks for listening. Any thoughts or words of encouragement are welcome.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your friends are just saying that for whatever reason - whether it's because they want you to not get your hopes up to protect you just in case, or for some other reason that is not as nice...it's just meaningless. The tech is by far and away a more reliable source!

The people who guess ultrasounds on websites are wrong constantly. They guess too soon, some of them have absolutely no experience guessing, others just tell people what they think they want to hear. The tech is the person to listen to.

There is no boy season. It just isn't real. There is nothing in the air or water that makes people have all of one gender, it's never been observed anywhere in the world.

You still have every chance of a boy and we're all KFX that you're having the gender you're hoping for!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I know there is truth to what you are saying about friend comments and online guesses. I know most people are not nubsessed and don’t scour the Internet for details and thousands of images before they take a random stab at guessing for my ultrasound photos (although it would be much appreciated if they did!) ha!

My friends I think are trying to be supportive and temper my expectations. I think one of them also is quietly jealous that we decided to take the plunge for number 4 and has BGG where as I have GBG and she’d probably be pretty green eyed if I end up with a blue bundle. Not that she personally doesn’t want that for me but tends to be pretty insecure and gets jealous easily.

I know you are right about boy and girl seasons! I get that idea from when I was pregnant with my 3rd child. There were about 12-14 pregnant woman at my work at the same time and all but 2 had girls! just strange, but I know it wasn’t enough to actually skew the true 51/49 ratio at birth, more of a nagging thought in the back of my head. I’m trying to take deep breaths and just prepare myself for finding out when NIPT results come back. We may not open them immediately. I actually would prefer to find out via ultrasound than via email, lol, call me old fashioned! Will definitely keep everyone posted!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's hard!!! I so hope and pray you get that little man you're dreaming of!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks Blue_for_4 thanked for this post