Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Had a Gender Scan Today..what would you all think??

Hi all,

So i went in for an elective gender scan today at 16 +3. I just need to know as I want to cope with possibly letting go of the dream of having a son to complete our family of girls. Well, as luck would have it the cord was in the way! The tech was wonderful and had me move side to side and was really searching. Once the baby moved a bit she said "oh, look at that, i think we have a lil penis". I, shocked asked how sure and she said not to get too excited, but she's thinking its a boy.

So she had me keep moving and the cord wouldn't move clear enough out of the way. So I have to go back on Saturday, she said drink LOTS of water in the coming days, and eat a big lunch about 30 min before. We left it at that and with her saying she is 70% sure from what she saw and the shadowing/angles of potty shot that it is a boy.

Oddly, I'm more emotionless than I thought I'd be, and I'm more scared than ever. scared to get my hopes up really. I personally know someone who went in at 16 weeks & was told BOY & at 20wks and Birth! it was a GIRL!

So, what would you all think? 70% is good chance, right? Anyone else been told wrong at 16 weeks? (which I know is on the early side) Also, I really do trust that she really thinks its a boy, as we talked beforehand and she stated she knows all the emotions I'm feeling as she dreamed of a girl to complete her fam, and she has 3 boys.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's hard because if she didn't see clearly then it's just a guess. The good news is whatever is down there will be that much bigger and drinking lots of water to get your fluid level up should really help!

I hope you see boy!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope you hear boy again !!!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know several people IRL who were told its a girl and then at birth had a boy. None the other way around though! So hoping your boy stays a boy!
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our IVF/ICSI twins (6) (OHW)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah i agree with MatildaMai, it would be hard to see a penis if there was no penis if you know what i mean. I think 70% is great, and next time the tech will be 100%.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really hope you hear boy again, dear .
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck! I hope you have a baby boy in there!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all for the boy wishes...i hope so too, dear God i really do. Trying to stay busy today & keep my mind busy with other things. I'll keep you all posted...!

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hoping it's your boy!!!! Can't wait to hear the news!
    and along the way.

Due with a after prayer and and slight swaying.

"It must take quite a man to knock the balls off a boy!"

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really hope you get your long awaited boy....xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast