Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not finding out sex before birth?

Not pregnant but thinking ahead.
    I found out with all four of my girls before birth and with dd3 and dd4 had the worst pregnancies, kept thinking the tech was wrong, praying they would come out boys etc. Of course, once they are born you love them anyway. I wanted to not find out with dd4 but was sure it was a boy so I thought I'd be fine. Nope.
    I am thinking I will not find out with my next one but am scared of the ramifications of that as well.
    Has anyone not found out after having many of the same gender and think it is a good idea? Thanks for your advice.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it might be a good idea. I'm regretting so much now I felt the need to ask about baby's gender ( unfortunately it's a for us again) and all I'm feeling now is disappointment and confusion. I'm living in a constant denial, fooling myself maybe u/s was wrong.

All that could be avoided if I had been patient.

I'm going to try for No 4 asap and I'll wait until birth to find out - although I'm pretty much sure I'm capable of producing only girls
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know exactly how you feel. I am sure you have heard this before from others on this board but my third girl is amazing. She is so charming and everyone loves her instantly. She is smart and beautiful and so funny (if I do say so myself), and I am sure your third daughter will be no different.
    Thanks for your input.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wonder if the reason I was ok once the girls were born was because I already knew they were girls so I wasn't disappointed in them being girls cause I already knew that, but then you see a beautiful baby that is yours and you love them either way. But if I don't know before, I am scared that I would still have the hope that it would be a boy and then when it's not, be disappointed. I just don't know which is worse.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought about not learning the sex until this baby is born, but I'm afraid I'll cry or make a fool out of myself when the baby is born and if it's another boy. It's a really hard decision. I don't doubt that I'll love the baby whatever sex it is, but at the same time what if everyone can see I'm disappointed? Ugh, I hate gender disappointment!
    My awesome boys!
    (1988) (1991) (2010) (2012)

TTC my last one. A little girl, please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only reason I wanted to find out was that I wanted to deal with my feelings beforehand.

I did not want anything to taint my love for my baby as I held him/her for the first time, and I felt it would be too much anitipication (for me at least) to go through an entire pregnancy and then at the big moment when they announce what the baby is...I didn't want to feel one iota of regret.

That is hypothetical, because I've never waited until birth to find out. But if you felt instant love the moment you met your daughters, waiting to find out could be a good idea too.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you asked me this before my third child was born, I'd honestly think I wouldn't be able to do it. If my third had been a boy, I would have prefered to hear it at an u/s, rather than at birth so that there wouldn't be any disappoinment. In fact, the reason I did ultrasounds with all three was so that I could try and get over any gd before they were born. I would still love my baby regardless of sex, but I know I would still have a strong desire for a girl and become obsessed with ttc one. I know I did after my second boy was born.

But if I were to get pregnant right now, I wouldn't mind a surprise birth too much. I'd still prefer to have a second girl, but I would feel blessed with another boy too.
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the thought of not finding out but I think I wouldn't be able to help myself and guess on the ultrasounds anyway so I nay as well find out. And like everyone else if I had another boy I think Id like to have dealt with my feelings before the birth.
    2008 20112013

thankyou gender dreaming

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all for your input. I guess we'll see when the time comes... (and until then, I will obsess about it some more )

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did not find out with either of my boys. I had major GD with DS2 and so often I have looked back and severely regretted not knowing ahead of time. I feel I could have spent my time grieving and then actually getting excited about him arriving. My poor son didn't have a name for over a week. I truly feel that it interfered with our bonding and I can't let that happen again. I need to know as soon as possible this time. It will be really rough for a while but I am confident I can work through it before he is here. I have to...
    Swayed ! Blessed with a !!
    On the LE diet from October 26, 2011 until BFP 3/21/12. Born November 29, 2012

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12. Thank you Lord for answering my prayers!!

2004 2007 : expecting

Check out these gorgeous girly nubs!! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ss-please.html

My sway.. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...tml#post209481

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast