Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Feeling terrified to hope...

Since I got pregnant I have functioned under the assumption that this baby is a boy. And yesterday I got an NT scan with a picture that showed an "obvious boy nub." I had my moment when I looked at the print-out and really was okay with it. Three boys is cool.

BUT...I apparently have no idea what a true nub looks like because the nub picture I thought I got wasn't the nub. And my video has gotten five girl guesses now.

I feel more sick thinking it *might* be a girl. Is that weird? I just feel like if I have some hope now...I'll be more crushed if it is a boy. But that's silly, right?

I was okay as long as I functioned assuming it was a boy. And now I feel more scared than ever. Sigh. This GD stuff is brutal.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not silly at all, I would feel exactly the same! Fingers firmly crossed for you that the girl guesses are right, when is your next scan? x
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh hunny i really feel for you, having the carrot dangled makes it so much harder. With ds3 i was sure he'd be a boy the minute i pee'd on the stick, everyone convinced me odds were in my favour and i had just as good a chance at pink especially as i had x,y,z morning sickness symptom like they had with their girl. Needless to say he was another boy but it was such a hard fall from high position of hope i'd built up.

Not that i have much advice, i feel so sad and stressed lately all i can think of is this babies gender and although i'm trying to tell myself i know its a boy i'm not sure if i really believe it and that deep down my heart is holding out a little hope, which i really don't want, i don't want to be that sad again. I really really desperately want a daughter but i need to understand its not going to happen for me - i don't know whats worse peoples comments on how i should i know its only going to be another boy or those who tell me it must be my turn by now.

Hopefully they will be right and it will be your little princess in there but my advice would be ignore it and focus on a boy, if it is a girl at your scan it will be the most wonderful surprise ever, if not then your prepared. Not quite figured out how to do that though so maybe easier said than done!!! x
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think yours will turn out a girl but I had quite a fall too. I was sure it was a boy but my husband was certain it was a girl and has been right for sooo many people he has guessed on like he has a gift or something... So I stupidly hung onto that, even though my rational mind was telling me to not be so dumb!
    My mil even made me a pink hat and mittens... I think I knew then and there she cursed me lol!
    I guess just hang onto the boy thought, like really try and there will be no fall. I let myself give into the girly thoughts cause at the time I thought why not? It may be all I have, is to think about... But I think it hurt more

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdogz&boyz View Post
    I was okay as long as I functioned assuming it was a boy. And now I feel more scared than ever. Sigh. This GD stuff is brutal.
    I feel the same way!! I feel strongly that this baby is another boy, and a part of me has been scared to get "maybe pink" nub shot on the NT scan...I just want to see a blue nub. Is that crazy, or what?! I just don't want to get my hopes up and then have them dashed at 20 weeks (or birth, depending on what we decide). It is silly on my part, for sure. This baby is either a girl or a boy, and nothing I can do will change that now. I either need to find out the gender for sure, and move on, or wait until birth (when I'll fall in love regardless of gender). Glad someone else here can commiserate with me a bit! I also thought your baby looked girly on the video, but that's not helping at all, is it? Ha!
    Love of my life: DS born 10/2010

and due late May 2013! It's a sweet !!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's "funny"...because, of course, I am thrilled it's nub looks girly. It allows me to dream that I might get pink. It's "better" than if I had gotten an 100% boy nub...then I would know my girl dream is over, ya know. BUT, I am still so worried it will be that 2/10 chance (based on CRLs around mine) that it will rise and be a boy. Then my fall will be harder.

I am playing a weird mind game with myself. I guess I need to occupy my mind for a few weeks before we can find out. If there was a blood test, I would take it today. The wait to here was fine, now it will be agony. Not knowing if I should hope or prepare for the enviable. I think I will get a gender scan, alone, around December 7-10th. DH wants to know the gender and until this week, I didn't. So maybe I'll surprise him for his birthday. He doesn't care boy or girl. So going alone will probably be smartest so I can cry if I need to. He doesn't much get it.

Gosh am I glad you ladies are here
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm playing mind games with myself too, scrutinising every last symptom/ old wives tale etc. You don't get a 12 week scan over here so thankfully I haven't had a nub to get hung up over otherwise I would be the same as you. I have my scan a week tomorrow so should find out one way or the other if baby cooperates. Part of me just wants to know now, I'm fed up of daring to believe maybe this is my little girl one minute and then trying to convince myself that of course it will be a boy to lessen the blow. Part of me wants to remain in ignorance, because if I hear boy at my scan I'm scared of how upset I will feel knowing that I will never have a daughter.
    Don't get me wrong we always planned to have 3 children regardless of gender, so I will love another boy to pieces but it doesn't mean I won't be upset knowing that a girl is no longer on the cards for me.

My dh doesn't get it either, I'm putting on a brave face for him tbh saying I'm fine either way. He says another boy would be great as he knows what to expect and can relate to boys better, with a daughter it is a whole new ball game for him.
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i remember being so sure it was a girl second time going for the u/s and realizing it was a boy before it was announced by the tech i burst out in tears i remember thinking what a bad mum i am i did get over it but im scared if i get a third boy i might be badly dissapointed as im not having any more after.... dont judge yourself your normal for thinking this way
    ds1 2008 ds2 2011 ds3 so hoping for a girl or 2 one day