Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

irrationally sad desperate for girl

Hi,

I'm 12 weeks pregnant. I had my scan yesterday and all was fine. You would have thought i would be delighted as i was petrified something was wrong - I've got a girl and a boy already and 2 m/c.

This sounds so stupid, but with my son i read everything there was to know about finding out what the gender was even though i wanted it to be a surprise. I'm pretty sure i worked it out from the scan pictures as i did have a boy.

Yesterday at my scan i had decided i wouldn't look at the scans they print out as i knew i would get paranoid about what the sex was. I would absolutely love another girl although i love my son to pieces.

The thing is when the scan was on the machine the midwife paused it to measure him/her and i focused in on what i thought the 'nub' was and swear it was a boy. I only glanced and couldn't have possibly examined it in detail as i was lying down.

Please don't judge me as i know when i give birth providing everything goes well in this pregnancy my hormones kick in and i will be fine, but I just want someone to tell me i'm being stupid and couldn't possibly see what sex it was without a) being a sonographer and b) having a proper look at the scan to see the angle of the nub.

I'm driving myself mad and don't want to spoil this pregnancy for myself like i did with my son. I want to enjoy it.

Thank you for reading.

x

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    huge hugs . i was the same i have 1 DD and would love a DS this time but i actually have a picture with the nub as clear as day pointing straight almost down and feel down as the likelyhood is girl . i feel awful as i know you cant know till 20 weeks. i wish i never saw a nub(i didnt with DD). in your position you cant be sure whether baby was in the best position to see the nub at the correct angle ,i thought i saw a boy nub during the scan even so until 20 weeks we wont know for sure hun. hope you get what you want xx