Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bit disappointed

Hi, I'm Anna and allready have a DD and a DS.
    I'm 16 weeks pregnant with the third one and got my U/S today. I was hoping for DD2, but it's a boy. I know I have no reason to complain, the baby is healthy and we allready have one of each, but I was really hoping for a girl!!

With DD I had a terrible pregnancy, lots of hospitalisations, premature baby with a lot of health problems, but in the end everything is all right. The pregnancy of my son was perfect. I was just hoping this time for a perfect pregnancy of a girl and the chance to enjoy a healthy babygirl! I know I'm selfish, I should be very happy that the baby is healthy, but can't help feeling a bit dissapointed.

The gynaecologist was very quick to look and said immediately boy. The only pic I got is this one, is it very clear it's a boy??

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry you're disappointed. It does look like a boy to me. I can understand wanting to enjoy the experience of having a daughter without the stress of prematurity. It's not selfish. If your son is the middle child I think your family dynamic will probably be even better with a boy as the youngest because the two same-sex siblings will be closer in age and most likely be closer playmates. The baby has a very cute profile, by the way.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't see any clues in this pic. But it's understandable to want a bit of a "redo" of a girl pregnancy. We all have various reasons for wanting one gender over the other. Hopefully it's a quick adjustment. Brothers are very cool too, so it's neat that your son is getting a close-in-age sibling Hang in there, I'm sure it will just take some getting used to.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im sorry your sad, but honestly if its the nub im looking at then it looks like a girl to me!
    DHME
    DD1-2003 DD2-2005 DD3-2012
    Our family is complete.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all very much!!
    And thank you 3littleladies for giving me a bit of hope ... but I think I have to be realistic. My 12week U/S looked very boyish and the gynaecologist probably knows what she's doing, so... I'm starting to get used to the idea of having another little boy, and you are all right, for DS it will be very nice!
    Maybe I should be some clothes for the baby and also for the other two, ... maybe for my daughter something extra girly!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everybody! Four of my friends are pregnant and I truely cant believe it but they are all having girls!! Feeling really bad right now. I'm trying to get used to the idea of us having a boy but it really doesn't help when everbody around me is getting a girl. They always say its 50/50, pfff guess I am the only one......