Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just found out - please help

I am 21 weeks & found out yesterday the gender. I will admit I have never been maternal & didn't think I really wanted a child until my husband and I decided at reaching 30, it was kind of now or never. Having sad that, I have grown up knowing I would only ever want one child and it had to be a girl - to the point my friends actually joke at my bluntness of not wanting a boy

Well obviously I have found out that we are due a boy

I am full of a million different emotions & I really need some help getting passed them. I have found an ounce of comfort finding this site & knowing I'm not abnormal. But I still feel sick to the stomach & am struggling to stop the tears (I'm an emotional & fairly negative person at the best of times!)
    I'm pleased I appear to have a healthy baby & of course grateful I conceived with no issues and pregnancy has been fairly easy so far - but then this adds to the guilt I feel and makes me feel worse. Especially with knowing people who struggled / struggling to convince, have had babies born with health problems & have had horrid pregnancies

The my biggest fear - what if I can't bring myself to love my child? I feel like I'm not sure if I do now & how the hell is that going to change? I have read people say it all changes when the baby is born, but I can't go the rest of my pregnancy feeling this way.

I have a couple of friends who are pregnant (they aren't finding out the sex) I'm now convinced they will have girls & am starting to resent them, which is just crazy!

Please please tell me what I can do to get over this & soon - thank you for reading & helping

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Try to buy special things. Picture yourself a boy.
    I can't tell you you'll get over it now. I'm not finding out cause in pg I can't really see the child. But just the boy/girl.
    But as soon as you can hold your child and you can feel the love. Its different. Then its not just a boy. it is your Son. Your baby.

I know how you feel. Big hug
    Mom to

THX Atomic and gender dreaming forum/members. For your knowledge and support to make our dream come true and family complete!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I'm sorry! GD is awful isn't it. I know how you feel. You will get over it, but it's a grieving process and it takes time. Time to grieve the daughter you never had, time to readjust your dreams for your family, and time to get excited about what will be. I like the "fake it till you make it" attitude, and I agree with sweet dream. Go buy some special new things for a little boy, surf the net for cool baby boys stuff, and picture yourself doing those things that you wanted to do with your daughter with a little boy instead. Imagine him playing ball with your DH in the yard, baking with his Mummy, giving his Mummy a big hug, and growing up to be a lovely young man and a father of his own. You will get there! You absolutely will be besotted with him! Will that take away your want for a daughter? Probably not. But he will be a great blessing and you can fit this little boy into your family . He will become part of the dream. Hope you are feeling better about it soon xxx
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you plan more kids, maybe you can sway next time and get a girl? :FX:
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never wanted boys and now I have three and they are the loves of my life. I believe that sometimes we are given what we need and not what we want. Time heals and you will have a different perspective once he is here...good luck to you!
    Mom to three princes (9) (8) (20 months)...hoping for a to complete our beautiful family. Come on and make yourself at home!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally feel your pain, but I agree with the other ladies who have replied. You WILL love that little prince so much, & you will surprise yourself by how much you will love him. Your 'gender disappointment' will turn into 'gender desire' which is a completely different thing.
    Do I still wish for a daughter with every atom of my being…hell yes. Would I swap one of my boys for a daughter…hell no, not for a million daughters in pink frilly dresses with bows on!

We are here any time you need to vent.
    DH: 39 Me: 40 Low AMH/High FSH/Low AFC
    2005 DS1
    2007 MC at 13 weeks (boy)
    2008 DS2

1st Cycle - Jan 2012 - Genesis - cancelled poor response
    2nd Cycle - May 2012 - Genesis - 10 ER, 1 ET - BFN
    3rd Cycle - Feb 2013 - Genesis - cancelled poor response
    4th Cycle - Oct/Nov 2013 - Genesis - 4 ER, 1 ET - BFN
    5th Cycle - April 2014 - HRC - cancelled poor response

Nov 2014 - Surprise BFP - 12 week scan showed baby stopped growing at 8 weeks
    6th Cycle - DE March 2015 - DE FET1 8th June BFN, FET2 7th Oct BFN

"shoot for the moon, if you miss you will still be amongst the stars"

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree that Gender Desire and Gender Disappointment are completely different things, because I'm the mom of not one, but two little boys and I definitely only have Desire now. You'll soon see that you are going to fall head over heels with this tiny person. Boys are sweet and they love their moms. I feel so lucky to have my boys. My dad was my grandma's only child, and his dad was an only too. My grandma was crazy about my dad and perfectly happy to just have him. He was there for her till the day she died. I saw firsthand how much boys, and eventually men, love their moms forever. My own DH feels incredibly protective of his own mom and talks about her so lovingly. So I have seen many very positive examples in my own family of mother-son relationships. To think I will always be their mama, their first love, is very special to me. I promise that once he's here these feelings of disappointment will crumble away. You just can't imagine it until he's here.
    (2010-2011) ... (2012) ... (2014) ... (2015)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Beautifully put lemonade, desire and disappointment definately are different, I never thought about it like that.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    JoeyB I'm so sorry you're going through this right now. It really hurts and I can empathise with you 100%. I have 2 delightful little I boys and I just found out that despite a very planned pink sway and a completely different pregnancy, we're expecting our third little mister. Im so thankful he will be a healthy little guy, but I'm devastated it's not the girl I thought bub would be. I know that once bub is born I will adore him like my other darlings but in the meantime I need to grieve not having a daughter Like I've always wanted. I agree with all the beautiful responses here, allow yourself to grieve and talk it out as much as possible on here or with a trusted family member or friend. Xx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I so desparately wanted my 3rd to be a boy & I also thought will I truly love this child or will I forever regret having that 3rd, well let me tell you I wouldn't change her for 5 boys, I love her more then life itself, you will love your little boy the same.

The gender desire is still there for me, I still feel a little sad when I see a baby boy but Im ok knowing that im done, our family is well & truly complete.
    DHME
    DD1-2003 DD2-2005 DD3-2012
    Our family is complete.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast