Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's worse when others have boys.

So after my DD3 when I was TTC#4 I had 2 miscarriages in a row and went on a TTC break then had several months where I was TTC and swaying and having no luck. During that time my sister, 3 SILs, and a whole bunch of my friends and ladies at church were all pregnant. One of my SILs ending up having twin boys and my sister and a few friends did too. Then I finally got pregnant with DD4 and almost no one else was pregnant, it's so weird! Well now this time around it took me 4 months of trying and 1 miscarriage before I gave up on swaying and ended up pregnant with this baby. Right after I found out I was pregnant while I was waiting to tell anyone, my SIL announced that she was pregnant to the family (due 10 weeks before me). Then only a few weeks later she announces that she's having twins. They haven't opened up the envelope to find out what they are having yet, they just have 1 girl who is 2 right now. But just today on Facebook a friend of mine that moved away announced that she is having a boy in May. Things like that just rip my heart out. She has 2 girls, and was a little upset when she had her 2nd and said things to me like she will probably end up having all girls like me. Now I look at her family and see she's getting a boy for her 3rd like I so desperately wanted. And I just wonder "why me?" I just don't think it's fair when that happens.
    Mar 2003
    Dec 2004
    Aug 2006
    Jan 2009
    due Jul 2011
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9531378

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know what you mean. It's like 1,000 times worse when you see other people getting just what you wanted.

Jealousy sucks. I struggle with it a lot, and I'm not even having more children...
    "As far as I'm concerned, being any gender is a drag." -Patti Smith

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember when I had DD 3 and a co-worker of my DH was having twins...wouldn't you know it, 2 boys after a girl first! It stings.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am sorry to hear you are struggling. Are you going to find out the gender at your next U/S? I am so hoping you get your little boy.

As a side note, you have a lot of twins in your family! Are they identical?
    One perfect
    One perfect Thank you Dr P, Lori and Microsort!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I am going to find out gender at my next ultrasound, which will probably be on February 4th or sometime within 2 weeks after.

The twins I mentioned are on my husband's side and are all fraternal. So there's no way that would influence us having twins obviously and unfortunately, although our girls might. There are twins on my side, my siblings are twins, my cousin had twins, and there are 1 or 2 sets of twins on my Mom's Dad's side. But I don't seem to have inherited the gene to release 2 eggs. Maybe twins will be more fun when they are my grandchildren!?! I'm more excited than I should be for my girls to grow up and give me grandchildren. LOL! Meanwhile I really am enjoying them, I just want to experience having at least 1 boy too.
    Mar 2003
    Dec 2004
    Aug 2006
    Jan 2009
    due Jul 2011
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9531378

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I'm with you, I'm SUPER excited over grandchildren...my son thinks I have a screw loose.

In some ways I think it might be more fun to get a granddaughter (or son) instead of have one myself anyway...because grandkids are like all about the fantasy...the shopping, the fun stuff...without the day in-day out downsides that would ruin my dream.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It always seems like people around you get your DG in a much great percentage than 50/50! I look around in my community, and I've seen a lot more all girl families than all boys. And I wonder why whatever was affecting them couldn't have affected me too.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was in the hospital, after having DD3, my sister went for her gender scan for her first...she text me "Boy". She wanted a girl so I knew she felt a piece of what I did but that was a hard phone call to make to tell her congratualtions with DD3 having just arrived.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm right there with you. We have three daughters... All of which we truly adore. I don't know what I would do without them. Now we are unexpectedly expecting someone new in July. I'm scared of having a fourth daughter as we desperately want a boy. Luckily no one around me is pregnant (that I know of), but I still have a few months to go and that could easily change.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know how you feel. On IG on the January due date board there were tons of us with 2-3 of one gender that swayed for the opposite gender. It seemed like 90% of the girls on there found out they were getting their DG and only a handful of us didn't get what we wanted... it really sucked being in that minority.
    2006, 2008, 2011, HT 2012

Cycle #1 @ HRC, March 2012: Pretesting FSH 5.7, AMH 2, AFC 19. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized & to GSN, 2 normal XY, 1 normal XX. Transferred 1XX. 1st beta 9 5dp5dt, 2nd beta 777 12dp5dt, 3rd beta 2823 15dp5dt. 124 at 6w6d (2 large SCHs seen). DD born 3 days overdue - December 2012.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast