Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just found out I'm having boy#3 through panorama...

So I'm 12+4, and I just found out we are having our 3rd boy. I am very disappointed, and I know my husband doesn't want 3 boys. He said he has no problem terminating because he doesn't believe it's a baby yet?!, anyway, I could never do that, even though I'm so upset. I'm already 38, and I guess my only option is PGD, although I live in Canada where that is illegal, and the cost is crazy.
    Has anyone else from Canada ever done PGD? Apparently it can be done, you have to fly to California a couple of times I think?
    I'm sure the panorama test is almost 100% accurate for gender, so I'm not even going to research if anyone had wrong gender info given to them.
    Thanks to anyone who can help

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry you didn't get your DG.
    I hope you come at peace and you both would love this boy to pieces.
    Can't help you with PGD info though.
    Mom to

THX Atomic and gender dreaming forum/members. For your knowledge and support to make our dream come true and family complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Hun, if you are interested in IVF PGD come over to the members HT boards; you will see that there are ladies from Canada who have cycled and are/ will be cycling soon; they will be able to answer your questions more specifically from the Canadian POV. It certainly is possible!
    Congrats on your new baby; I know it stings at the moment that you didn't hear 'girl' but I'm sure as soon as you meet him and hold him in your arms you will know that he was meant to be.
    Sending hugs Hun (((()))) xxx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh thank you both so much, I appreciate the kind words
    Yes I will definitely check out that ht board, thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey there! I'm Canadian (Ont) and flying down in a few days to HRC in California for IVF/PGD to try to get my girl. Do join us on the HT boards, you'll find lots of info there to get you started. Just in a nutshell, it's a little crazy but it's not impossible. I won't lie, it's kind of a PITA to get all the pretesting done long distance, because HRC can write you orders but Canadian ultrasound clinics and labs won't take them, so you do have to find a local clinic or a sympathetic GP to rewrite requisitions and lab orders for you. That was a pain. I live in Ottawa and had to drive to Toronto to get stuff done in a timely fashion.

Otherwise, it's just one big (expensive) trip. I'm flying down for the whole cycle (approx 3 weeks) so yeah, there's travel/lodging/food costs to consider. Other ladies only have to go for about 1.5 weeks because they can get their local fertility clinic to do their monitoring, but it wasn't an option where I live (Ottawa). Cost wise my drugs were approx $3500 but they were all covered by my drug plan at 80%, but not all plans are that generous so you need to check. Also in Canada a lot of it is claimable on your income tax, in Ont you can get around 22% back of the out of pocket IVF and meds.

Anyways, feel free to PM me if you have questions about what I've experienced so far, but do check out the HT boards too.

And I know it's disappointing to hear about boy #3, and I'm really sorry your husband is not helping any. But my third boy was an absolute JOY. I bonded with him SO strongly and he's still the cutest thing ever to me. And watching my 3 boys play like a big pile of puppies is the sweetest thing ever. So please don't feel like you're not going to love him, because you will. There's something magical about a trio of brothers.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At 12+4 how sure are you its definitely a boy? 20 week you may be suprised. I was told boy exactly 12 weeks nub guesses but holding out hope yet x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk