Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

One of those days....

So, I'm not usually one to get upset at other family make-ups or when others find out the sex of their unborn baby. I am generally genuinely happy for the people and I only want folks to get what they want in an overall sense.

But I gotta admit, when someone gets what they want, exactly when they want it, I want to punch walls. Especially because there is "usually" an attitude that goes with it. Like "oh, yeah, I wanted a boy first and got him, then I wanted a girl and got her, so I'm just really sure this one will be another [insert boy/girl] because that is what I want." It's soooooo grating.

And today it's just annoying because I have run across it three or four times in the past few weeks and it just seems so unfair. Not to me, I mean, I am pretty pleased with what I have. But I actually feel annoyed for people on here or people I know IRL who really desired a certain sex and either didn't get it or "had" to try several times to make that dream a reality.

Ill admit, I secretly hope that JUST ONCE they don't get that. Because it would allow them to realize that life is not so neatly controlled or arranged. But then I feel mean.

I had to get that out. Lol.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It helps those of us still longing for that desired gender to know that even though you have gotten your desired gender, you still feel our pain.

It isn't that we want you to hurt too, but to know that you understand our anguish, and the scars it leaves, means a lot to us!

I have SILs that ordered GGBB and got it....I can't even imagine ordering ANYTHING in my life and getting it that easy. NOTHING has come as ordered or when ordered...except meals in a restaurant, and even that is touchy!

My Gender Dreaming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's what it is!! You articulated it very well. It's not that I wish they don't get what they want...I just want them to have the empathy for those who don't get what they want and do realize they can't order up the universe. It's frustrating for me. And, often, it seems the only recourse so they will understand is the actuality of NOT getting what they want! Lol.

I do still have a great deal of empathy for those here waiting for their DG. I will happily volunteer for an "opposite" for myself if some of the ladies who don't have their DG yet could get their DG. Unfortunately, that is just not how it works! But I would do it in a heartbeat. I know the hurt and frustration of comments and looks. I wouldn't wish anyone to be in that position. So, yeah, I do get a bit irritated when someone takes something so lightly that so many people have had to work very hard to make a reality (if it ever is a reality, I am sure there are those who decide not to continue to perusing their DG at some point and are pleased with that decision).
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love it when people look at me and ask, "don't you want a daughter?"
    OR when my sil looks at my DH and says," you need one of these" referring to my other sil's new born dd. I really don't understand how insensitive people can be sometimes.

Yep that's it, I must be ordering the wrong thing

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish too that it was that simple to order everything. Would love a live baby girl. I do have a daughter but unlucky to never even look into her eyes I must admit I get jealous when I see baby girls in prams or friends find out they are expecting pink. Only the odd few people have I not actually felt jealous off and that's the people in the same position as me who have 2 or more of one sex. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for posting! It is nice to hear that you have not forgotten what it was like and are still here to support us
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel exactly like this. SIL frequently reminds me how happy she is to have a gentlemans family (a boy and a girl) and can now stop. MIL had the same, and says the same. (Theyre not nice people) DH's cousins,and 2 best friends all have 1 boy and 1 girl. It feel likes a ridiculous coincidence and the cosmos is mocking me. I have always wanted 4 children. Of any sort. A boy to add to my 3 girls would be fab. And more so for my dh. It shouldnt be this blinking tricky!