Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

finding out at the birth?

Has anyone else had a strong preference yet chosen to stay team yellow?

I had swayed pink with DS2 and finding out during pregnancy was almost traumatic..

I'm now 22 weeks but finding gender all I can think about at the moment. This baby was a surprise but at a time when many lifestyle factors would have swayed blue (normal diet, just stopped BF, new OH so lots of DTD). I really think it's a boy.

If you found out you had an opposite at birth, did it ruin the moment for you?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a post a few down from yours in this same Form about almost the exact same thing. I'm pregnant with number three and have two girls at home and am really hoping for a boy (but have convinced myself it's another girl.) I was back and forth on finding out or not, but in the end decided that personally for me once I see the baby it wont matter if it's a boy or girl as they will be mine and they will need me regardless. I'm not one that bonds with my babies well before they are born so I think finding out it's a girl will just make me mad for the next 16 weeks. Only you can really answer that question for yourself. I thought I wanted to know, but really I only wanted to know if it was a boy and if it's not I would have had a harder time dealing with the rest of my pregnancy. Good luck! Hope you get what you want. I hate that we all go through this!

3. Likes aussiesmiler liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From my own experience I would find out before delivery. On DS1 I was fully sure I was having a DD, I had no preference at the time but just was so shocked when they told me I had a son. Its hard to admit this but it took me longer than I would have liked to bond with him. After dealing with PND we got pregnant again and at 20 found out we were having another son, I had another 21 weeks (I went overdue)to come to terms with it and when DS2 was born I felt so at peace and calm. It was a beautiful moment. I will definitely find out on any and all future kiddie have. I think it's a very personal thing, dependent on your personality. I love to be prepared and finding out the baby's gender helped me prepare. Just my two cents Best of luck with whatever you decide to do
    2012 2014 2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi rainbowflower with ds2 I didn't find out but the sonographer slipped the word his during my 20 week scan. I convinced myself she said its not his because I really didn't want to know. When ds2 was born it was very special seeing his little face and I didn't feel any gd. I will be ttc again soon and really don't think I'll find out if I finally will have my girl (it will be my last baby) as I believe I'd cope better with any gd with a beautiful newborn right in front of me than if I found out halfway thru pregnancy and knowing what was coming. I don't know if that makes any sense to you ??

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quite a few in my due date group were team yellow/green. Its so personal! I was glad I had a really good nub shot as otherwise I would have stayed team yellow because no way did I want to experience serious GD again in pregnancy, it ruined it for me. Best of luck with your decision X

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For my last pregnancy, I chose to go Team Green! I knew deep down that even though I had my girl, I'd still have GD if my twins were boys. I always wanted girls, though I love my boys so much! I just couldn't imagine my family being BBGBB with my DD being the only girl AND the middle child. So I waited... seriously though despite the waiting it was the best pregnancy I've ever had. Yes, during the earlier weeks I did fret over the gender a bit (I even debated on whether I should stop going team green just to find out what I was having!) But I didn't and it was so nice just being excited about having two babies, and not feeling any GD.

In the end, I got two daughters. <3
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

8. Likes mammyof2boys liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And as for your end question: I don't know 100% for sure, because I did have horrible GD with both my sons, but I would have moved on ALOT quicker!
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would just rip off the band-aid.

I found out with both my boys and would find out again. I would rather just know so I could start getting excited about my real child, choose a name and decorate the nursery (two really FUN parts of pregnancy in my opinion). The time after birth is so emotional I would't want something like that hanging over me during childbirth or for my first encounters with my child. I bonded well with my younger son but I still had lots of complicated feelings about not having a daughter and I suffered from PPD after both births (unrelated to GD).

I think the expectation that bonding with your child will take care of your GD is not always realistic. For most people I think your feeling about your child and your feelings of sadness about the child you might never have are separate and can easily coexist. Unfortunately.

11. Thanks Dreamofpink thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have always needed to know, just in order to deal with the GD before the baby is born, so that all I concentrate on after the birth is the baby I expect to get, not the one I didn't want due to wrong gender. But we are all different. I just didn't want to deal with any disappointment after having a fresh newborn, but just concentrate on bonding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your replies!

Taken a couple of days to ponder... leaning towards team tellow still, although would like to hear from more who got opposites. I know it's such an individual thing!

I remembered that with DS1 (had a girl preference) that when he was born it didn't even cross my mind to check to see what I had until my mum asked (she was a birth partner ) so it could be that way this time too, maybe

Thing is, I'm still having fun choosing names (just got the gun of picking two). We're in rented so not much I can do nursery wise but have been teaching myself to crochet and made the baby a lovely rainbow baby blanket so enjoying that (when energy levels permit!) I don't think I'm missing out so far on the fun planning bits. Refer to baby as "he" all the time though especially when he kicks or I hear his heartbeat so GD isn't overwhelming at the moment

14. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
    Likes trifecta liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast