Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry people are being senseless. I have gotten the "maybe you switch partners" joke too...from a close friend of my parents, someone I see regularly and work with to an extent even!
    I know my ds3 was my hardest pregnancy too, knowing he was a boy and wishing he was a girl. He has been the best kid. Eased my heart so to speak.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    2006 2008 2011 2013 Due 2017

2. Thanks 2xblue thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I have never had the switch partner comment yet...(count myself lucky). I have now learnt to answer any bad, malicious comment with "I have tried passing him back to the stork but it wasn't having it" comment and a smile then most people would realise they unsensitive. I spoke to a nice mum from DS1's school yesterday who also has three sons and she was really nice and reassuring that how I will realise that 3 boys are better than 2 and how cool to have three sons are. She said that she even made sure that their dogs are male she now enjoys having boys that much :-) (she said she experienced GD with DS3 but as soon as he was born it gone away) And to be honest just looking from outside her DS2 (same class as my DS1) is so loving, usually runs out after school straight to her mum's arms giving her bigger hug than any of the girls. I noticed that with admiration even before I got pregnant with DS3

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

4. Thanks 2xblue thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People laugh when I tell them we're having a third boy. It's really annoying. I guess I just have to listen to these awful comments until the baby is born...

A lady I know asked today do we know what we're havng. I told her and she laughed and asked are we going to have children until we get a girl. I said no. Then she told someone she knows had a girl as their 4th and someone had 3 girl and hoped for a boy and they got twin girls and they were done.
    2010 (confirmed boy)
    2011 2014 2016

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just found out I'm having my 3rd son and I'm devastated. I know it's horrible to say but envious when hear someone say they had a miscarriage. I don't want this, not these feelings. I had gd horribly with ds2 and it never went away until we ttc pink again. And it failed. I hate I didn't go for Ivf. If it never went away bf it's never going to go away. What do I do? What was I thinking? Did anyone ever get closure?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Found out we're having our third boy

Congrats with you pregnancy. See it as a gift. Nothing has been taking away from you (except off course your hopes and dreams) but try to feel gratefull. You are SO lucky to become a mother of 3 sons. It is much cooler and fun to have 3 instead of 2 and those 3 will have a party together. My #3 is a true blessing and his two elder brother just loves playing with him and they laugh so much and do so many crazy and funny activities together. It would not have been the same if he had been a she. From the bottom of my heart I can tell you it is wonderfull and very special to be a mother of 3 boys. Try to ignore the stupid comments and decide to be happy and think positive about your next family addition. It is a very special gift to raise boys to become good men.

DS1 (9) ❤️ DS2 (8) DS3 (5) ❤️ DW (41) DH (38) TTC'ing pink from May 2016
    Last edited by Dreamsister; May 30th, 2016 at 02:17 AM.
    3 beautiful & now pregnant with a baby girl due June 2017

Thank you everyone in this site and in particular Atomic for amazing support during my sway. I am for ever grateful.

8. Thanks Mich101, Magical22, 2xblue thanked for this post
    Likes Raezodal, Kittybear liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am also having ds #3. I'm still having a horrible time. I try to pretend I'm not pregnant. Are you feeling better? Does it get better?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Traci25 View Post
    I am also having ds #3. I'm still having a horrible time. I try to pretend I'm not pregnant. Are you feeling better? Does it get better?
    I had a horrible time my entire pregnancy with ds3 after I found out he was another boy. Started getting slowly better after he was born. By a year...I was mostly okay with him being a boy. Now he's 5 and I wouldn't have him any other way.
    Just saying...don't beat yourself up if it takes a while to feel at peace with your 3rd boy. And don't listen to anyone who tells you how they got over their disappointment in a couple hours and how can you possibly still be sad!?
    Hugs!! You will come to adore and cherish him.

11. Thanks Throwaway_panther, Dalu86 thanked for this post
    Likes 2xblue liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for replying. I feel so alone! I just wish I never got pregnant. I know it's horrible. I wanna wake up and it's all a dream. This sweet innocent baby. I just don't want to raise another son. It's hard. I hate feeling this way. It should be a blessing. I don't want to go thru it all again. I see a little girl and think I can't have that bond. My boys love my dh. They just want boy time.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not horrible. You are grieving a dream. Allow yourself that. Did you know, the verb to be bereaved comes from Latin for being robbed? Because the feelings we experience are the same. So think of it that way. You have been robbed of a dream. And you need time to heal. End of story. Take the time you need. Feel however you need to feel. Denying our emotions doesn't make them go away.
    My boys all adore me and want nothing to do with my dh (it actually gets old eventually). Maybe your 3rd will be a total momma's boy. Maybe not. But seriously...take your time to grieve.
    When I was pregnant with ds3, I cried when engagement ring commercials came on the radio because I would never be the mother of the bride. I would cry watching girls and their moms walking down the street together, chatting away like 2 best buds or watching tv shows or movies with 3 sons and no daughters. And I hated myself for it. It's okay. You are not alone. And it will, eventually, get better.
    A turning point for me was when ds3 was 4 months old and we went to visit my grandmother in her assisted living residence. And there was a woman there who bemoaned never having had a daughter, only sons. Here she was 80 some odd years old and still resenting that she never got her daughter just these "useless sons". And I hated that more than I hated myself for wishing ds3 was a girl.

14. Thanks Throwaway_panther, 2xblue thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Found out we're having our third boy

I am sorry you feel down. Try to look 20 years forward in time and imagine yourself sorrounded by 3 handsome, loving, funny and caring men maybe also grandchildren. As a mother you will always have a very special place in their hearths. Having a daughter is no garantee of a closer or better bond. I see many conplicated relations between mothers and daughters. With a baby no matter gender you have a close close bond and you will be the most important and valuable person in this childs life. Later on yes DH will play a great role as their father but you will still be important and play a huge role. Take time to grieve and then move on. Make a desicion to yourself that it is not going to ruin your life. I have 3 sons and I would not change any of them for a girl.

DS1 (9) ❤️ DS2 (8) DS3 (5) ❤️ DW (41) DH (38) TTC'ing pink from May 2016
    3 beautiful & now pregnant with a baby girl due June 2017

Thank you everyone in this site and in particular Atomic for amazing support during my sway. I am for ever grateful.

16. Thanks 2xblue thanked for this post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast