Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Had my baby

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Had my baby

I had my GD baby, he's 3 weeks old now. He's wonderful, I'm in love with him and so happy. I feel proud of my family.

I've been doing great but am a little worried about having a setback. My sister is finding out today what she's having. I'm definitely at a point where it doesn't hurt when I hear about most people having girls, but because of my relationship with her and because of the kind of person and mom she is I do think I'll feel some resentment. I'm trying to remain positive and I know I'm strong enough to deal with it, but I can't help but really, really want her to have a boy. It makes me feel terrible because I do think she'll have some GD if she does (she did with her second son).

Well, I just needed to put these thoughts out there...I'm dreading the phone call. I hope I can at least fake some enthusiasm if it's a girl or be sensitive to her feelings if it's a boy.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know how you feel. While still in the hopspital after DD3, my sister texted me that she was having a boy. The ironic thing was is that she really wanted a girl and here I had 3 of them and she knew I wanted a boy. I felt bad for both of us!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She just texted...it's a girl. Of course. My heart stopped when I got the text.

I don't even know how I feel right now. I'm just in shock.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, man. It always seems to go that way, doesn't it? Does she know about your feelings? Is she empathetic at all?

It took me a long time to be able to be okay with my sister's son because I wanted one so badly. He turned out to be such a difficult baby, in the end I ended up feeling sorry for her.

Just give yourself some time.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. She and I have talked about it a little bit and I do think she's sensitive and understanding of my feelings. I do worry that she'll become a smug girl mom now though, lol. I feel a little bit like I've lost her somewhat as we were both all boy moms for so long.

I think I'm going to be okay. I called my husband and totally broke down crying, but I think it was a good thing. He was so sweet about it. After that I was able to tell my kids and a few other people without showing any sadness. I'm even looking at girly things I can buy.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Halah View Post
    Thank you. She and I have talked about it a little bit and I do think she's sensitive and understanding of my feelings. I do worry that she'll become a smug girl mom now though, lol. I feel a little bit like I've lost her somewhat as we were both all boy moms for so long.

I think I'm going to be okay. I called my husband and totally broke down crying, but I think it was a good thing. He was so sweet about it. After that I was able to tell my kids and a few other people without showing any sadness. I'm even looking at girly things I can buy.
    I did go shopping for my sister's baby too. It was nice to venture to the other side for a real reason for once. It sounds like she will talk softly but I hope one day she is able to be rejoiceful for you should you decide to try again someday.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry your hurting right now xoxoxoxox
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally feel your pain. My sister got two boys after her daughter, and I have never gotten over it. I have GBG but was hoping for a boy with my 3rd, and it has been SO hard to be around my sister and her baby boy. It doesn't help that he is absolutely gorgeous and super sweet. If he had been difficult, I would feel a little better about it, but he seems to be totally perfect in every way, which makes my GD that much worse.

It sounds like your sister is sensitive to your feelings, which is great. Mine is not. She thinks I am ridiculous for caring about gender, and is totally unsympathetic, and even goes out of her way to say how great her boys are all the time. She has a competitive streak, and I hate that she has this thing to hold above me.

Congrats on your baby boy, by the way! I would have loved to have 3 boys! I think you are really lucky.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! He's actually my 4th boy. And he really is so precious. As my husband said, she may have gotten a girl but no ones kids are cuter than ours, haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HAHA that's a good way to look at it
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast