Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gender disappointment at 7w pregnant

How ridiculous am I, it’s not even confirmed what I’m having yet but I’ve already resigned myself to the baby being a boy as we didn’t do enough to sway (surprise pregnancy, attempt wasn’t meant to be until 2018)

I feel selfish and embarrassed. I had 3mcs before my daughter but all tests to investigate why came back as normal so I’ve convinced myself I can carry a girl to term and I think that’s what started the desperation for another girl. As well as that’s what I’d always seen for myself since having her. This will be our last baby and I’m just kicking myself for not throwing everything at a sway.

I’m sure I felt more sick with DD and I wasn’t following LE properly so I feel like this will be a boy. I keep having horrible thoughts - I keep thinking I won’t want to do nightfeeds or breastfeed if it’s a boy, all sorts of embarrassing things that I can’t even say out loud to anyone else because I know how bad it sounds. I’m sorry I know I can’t achieve anything by writing this here I just need to get it off my chest because there’s no one else I can say this to. I’ve asked my husband if we can keep the pregnancy secret until the gender is confirmed, I feel like I’ll need time to get my head around the baby being a boy before I can tell other people.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I promise that sickness does NOT predict gender. I actually had my least amount of sickness with my girl!

It is normal to feel mixed emotions about the baby when you're barely even pregnant. Our bodies and hearts and minds respond to pregnancy and childbirth and these feelings will go away once you get to know this little person more. I know and you know you would never walk away from a baby who needed you (even your worst enemy's baby, let alone your own!) These fears are only just that, fears. I often had a recurring dream when I was pregnant where I would forget or not want to feed my baby and people would be telling me "don't you think you should do something about that?" LOL. It's totally normal and doesn't say anything about what you would do when the baby comes!

NO matter what you can't lose. Boy or girl you will love that baby like crazy!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Pinkcoffee, I understand your gender dissapointment. I had it bad also. Just wanted to let you know I have 2 boys and each pregancy was completely different. First I was extremely sick, then the second I had nothing. So I agree with Atomic that sickness does not predict gender.

I also had the feeling that I would not want to breastfeed a Boy, but when he arrived I just wanted to hold and cuddle him and breastfeeding was fine. In fact I cried that I had to stop.

I will keep my fingers crossed that you hear girl. X

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic and kawazza you both made me cry! Pregnancy emotions I’m a cryer!!

I know you’re both right. There’s a 15 year age gap between me and my brother and I loved him like my own and even now he’s almost 20 I still have that bond with him, so I honestly don’t know where these feelings come from.

Thank you both for taking time to reply to my ramblings. And Atomic that dream made me LAUGH ��.

I know you are both right x

6. Likes atomic sagebrush, Kawazza liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And I had it with EVERY pregnancy!! So funny how our minds work!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don’t ask what’s happened but I feel totally at peace with the idea of having a boy. I’m 11 and a half weeks and the feeling of ill be happy either way has just come. I think it helps that I’ve finally jfound a boys name I like. I would still prefer a girl but now feel like I’ll be happy with a boy too.

9. Likes Kawazza, MiaMelb liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great news, good for you ❤️

11. Thanks pinkcoffee thanked for this post