Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou all for your replies, they comforted me. I am feeling a lot better about it. My mum doesn't realise she is being rude and insensitive, and doesn't think about how she would feel if it was reversed. (Our relationship is very strained because of this). I can remember her telling the story about how her FIL put pressure on her to have a boy and carry on the family name, but she ended up having 3 girls. I wonder if it was this story I heard so often that put the seed in my head which lead to GD when I started to have children.

Anyway thanks again. I'll remember this thread the next time someone says it to me and hopefully not get upset.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this is an oldish post but I had to say that I get the opposite comments. When I say I have 5 girls im told how much easier boys are and that they are more loving. Makes me mad. It's like they only say it because they know I don't have a boy (I don't tell them this baby's gender and I think everyone assumes it's another girl) I have even been told that girls are bitchy and so hard to bring up. Well, maybe their daughters were little sh"ts but mine are not lol
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

Ask and it shall be given unto you

3. Likes Throwaway_panther, Kawazza liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this is a really old post but I also get another variation of this. I have 2 DDs and my sister, cousin, and both my SILs have had one boy each . My DD1 is the oldest at 3.5 and my DD2 is the youngest at 21 months, so we all had kids around the same time. All three of them complain about how difficult boy are to raise and that even though I have 2 kids I have no idea what hard work in motherhood is like because girls are easier than boys. It boils my blood because although my daughters are very happy and sociable they definitely require ALOT of effort, especially being only 17 months apart. I resent being told I have an easy life and don’t know what difficulty it is being a mother to a boy. I’ve never spoken back with whatever is in my mind and heart, there’s no point arguing with every silly person. I don’t think there is an “easy” baby , all kids have their own challenges and easy bits. Oh well, just had to vent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes Sora, Kawazza liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by violagirl87 View Post
    I know this is a really old post but I also get another variation of this. I have 2 DDs and my sister, cousin, and both my SILs have had one boy each . My DD1 is the oldest at 3.5 and my DD2 is the youngest at 21 months, so we all had kids around the same time. All three of them complain about how difficult boy are to raise and that even though I have 2 kids I have no idea what hard work in motherhood is like because girls are easier than boys. It boils my blood because although my daughters are very happy and sociable they definitely require ALOT of effort, especially being only 17 months apart. I resent being told I have an easy life and don’t know what difficulty it is being a mother to a boy. I’ve never spoken back with whatever is in my mind and heart, there’s no point arguing with every silly person. I don’t think there is an “easy” baby , all kids have their own challenges and easy bits. Oh well, just had to vent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But seriously, where do they get their "girls are quiet" from ? I myself was a tomboy ! This morning DD2 threw a raging fit on the way to school, complete with screaming, crying and rolling on the floor... and that's the usual for her. She rarely smiles, always complain and scream at the top of her lungs when things are not going her way. Her sister is more quiet at 4 but she's such a drama-queen I'm planning to put her in acting classes ! And she's climbing on EVERYTHING ! Trees, tables, chairs, bookshelves, ladders...

Both are always exploring, they NEVER sit down, not even with their many dolls and toy tea sets, not even in front of the TV. They organize mock-fights between the two of them (their father does martial arts as a hobby), they open the door and try to escape the house to "travel"... The only thing girly about them is that they like pretty dresses and ponies. But they'd soon rather do martial arts than learn about fashion...

Seriously, where can you get a quiet girl that just sits and play ? Cause for now the neighboors' son is the one having a quiet tea-party next door with his kindergarten sweetheart
    2014 ------- surprise 2016

Dreaming of a

7. Likes Kawazza liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Like babybeaublue, I've heard comments like "girls are harder to bring up than boys, they are less demanding". And I also have the impression the like to say that when they see you only have girls. But it also hurts because my girls ARE a handful. What can I say, I don't know about boys but I know girls, ok some girls... well, at least mine.. ..girls are NOT easy!!! They can be total messes lol And I wait and wait until it gets better (someone said its hard only in the 2s and 3s?)... but my girls still throw tantrums Holy smoke! The 5yrs old can be bitchy like a diva. The 4yrs old acts like a baby when she can't have things her way and I don't have to explain the behaviour of the 2yrs old haha

Though I think it's mostly that way because of the small age gap and I can't give them each the attention they need and want (they want a lot. at the same time.) and I imagine with boys it wouldn't be that much of a difference.
    and swayed for due March/April 2019 - IT WORKED!! thank you atomic!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12