Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

A little worried finding out the gender...

A little background, I have 2 boys! Who I love more then life! Im not trying to justify my GD either....
    Baby #3 was never planned, if anything we both agreed that there would be no more however 4 years later and neither of us doing much to prevent it we are now 16weeks and 4 days pregnant! At first, i just went with the flow! Showed a few forums my scan (12.5/13weeks) and started to keep track at what people thought baby was. So far 28 girl guesses and 13 boys and 4 on the fence! However the other day I also heard the HB and it was 145 - both my boys were 135-139! I have craved fruits and sugar and have had bad nausea - 2 things I never experienced with my boys... I have some how convinced myself its a girl and i just know how disappointed I will feel if this is not the case!! I wouldn't love this baby any less but I would be totally heartbroken to never experiencing having a daughter! This is defo our last because I will be having my 3rd c section and my OH is getting the snip!
    I have noone to talk to about this, my MIL had 3 boys and she makes it very clear that the gender DOES NOT MATTER bla bla bla and unfortunately my mum died 10yrs ago so I dont have her to confide in! My partner doesnt understand but why would he? He has the boys he craved! 4 weeks today and I will know what we are having... its really stressing me out!! Sorry for the rant ladies xxxxxx

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry that you feel so alone, it’s such a strong emotion (desire for a particular gender) and these pregnancy hormones are wicked. I completely understand though, I sometimes wish I hadn’t swayed so I couldn’t sit here and go over every little thing I did or didn’t do. I am hoping that when I find out, whatever it is, that I can just find peace and joy in that this baby clearly beat the odds and is meant to be part of our family. I am convinced I am having a boy, and DH keeps telling me there is a time to know but that time hasn’t come yet, so for right now I can just enjoy not knowing and last night we watched “fantastic beasts and where to find them” (LOL) and at one point the main character says something to the effect of “My philosophy is that worrying means you suffer twice” which seemed pretty appropriate. Fx for both of us!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the same boat. My two sons are 6 and 7 years old. Since both have autism, we decided to cancel our 2013/14 sway and stop where we were. Well, husband didnt listen and said 'F it' a few days before I guess I should have O'ed... I jumped and dumped but... here I am around 10 weeks along. Pill failed. The GD has come back with such full force, I keep trying to prepare myself for another boy. I worry about it. I even try to stop thinking about what I did that could have slightly swayed it pink without meaning to. All of my pregnancies have been totally different. My first literally nothing, felt great the entire time. My second, bad morning sickness all the way through. This one, literally all I do is eat (I will wake up at midnight, stomach growling so loud it made my dog growl back) and I havent gained a pound. If anything Id love to keep this metabolism haha
    Last edited by SurroundedByBoys; July 11th, 2018 at 08:10 PM.
    Jacob 9/17/2010
    Logan 4/25/2012

SURPRISE! BFP... BC Fail... Baby Oops due Feb 2019

Was dreaming of but got my third little

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry you have to go through that. It's a terrible thing to have to suffer in silence because of misunderstanding and judgemental people. Can't they understand that we have already played our parts with whatever gender we got ? That we would like a change, to experiment something new ? Each time, they seem to take it like we want to discard our first children and just keep the one most interesting... And it's so easy to go all high and mighty when you had both without even thinking about it.

Anyways ! Just know you're not alone. It's not much but what you're feeling is NOT abnormal or despicable... It's perfectly understandable and it doesn't hurt anyone but you (sadly enough). And you have a right to be angry and tear up and lash out. Some people do take the liberty to do all three for stupid, unjustified reasons so why not ? You have a right to miss that daughter you dream of !

My DD2 was a surprise baby too and I didn't want her at first. I wanted to wait a year or two for a second child, I wanted to go back to work, to spend time with my first daughter, just the two of us... And all that had become impossible because husband just couldn't keep quiet.

I decided to spare my body and our hearts the trauma of an abortion. I tried not to think about gender but everyone around me, including DH, was convinced it was a boy. The heartbeat was so strong, the pregnancy was very different from my first, I was eating a lot of salt, I had almost no symptoms... Plus in my country lots of people believe in Shettles and since she was conceived right on O, everybody was saying "ok it's a boy for sure, you're lucky". So when my scan said "another girl" I experienced great disappointement. I wished I didn't listen to people around me because they had convinced me somehow.

for you, I hope you get lucky.
    2014 ------- surprise 2016

Dreaming of a