Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does it go away?

I’ve been worried about not having a daughter for 5 years and it recently came true when we found out #3 is also a boy. I truly am so excited and happy about having another boy...I love boys and actually prefer them! I couldn’t imagine life without mine and couldn’t love them more. That said-I have always STRONGLY desired and always pictured one girl. I’ve recently been grieving the loss of this little person I pictured and had dreams for. I can’t go out without looking at every family’s gender makeup. (And of course I see that everyone has one of each) Will that go away?! Surely I can’t feel like this forever!!! I don’t want it to take away from the joy my boys bring me. I’m worried that I will always feel something missing. It doesn’t help that I had 4 miscarriages last year and just know at least one of those was my daughter. What I’m most worried about it losing the close relationship/bond that I have with my boys as they get older. I am so close to my mom and it makes me sad I won’t have any children to do the activities my mom and I do together now. How do I accept that I won’t ever have a daughter and feel complete with my boys? Anyone have anything that has helped them? Any insight is appreciated!! I have to get over this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi blessedmama2 im actually looking for my 5th pregnancy. I got 4 boys. Three of my first marriage. Two of them have autism. And one little boy of almost 2 years old of my second marriage. Now looking for a miracle to guve him a brother.sister. im 43 and have infertility issues. Also have miscarrieges in past and i can understand whats you feel. I also prefer boys. I actually wanted my first son to be a boy but then..little girl dream started and got two more boys..for years felt like you trying to give up and also loving my boys so much. It didnt get me away from them not having my girl because i separate that. My dream and then. They are also mu dream. I love them so much and always separate what i dont have with what i dont. Yesrs went by and had another chance. Wanted so much a baby and also was expecting a girl. When found out was my fourth boy i felt so so sad and guilty. Was very difficult for me but i knew i would love him when give bith. That was what happened. I love him more that anything and as you..i would never change them for a daughter. So. Thats what i try to give you as help if it does a little. Just separate. Dont force yourself in giving up your dream or force your sadness to go away..let it flow. Let you be sad and at the same time let yourself be happy and love your sons. I always do that. Whenever i feel sad for not getting my daughter or for other people getting their desired genders i watch my sons and my heart fills with love that help me carry with that easily. Im saying that facing a new oportunity and facing also the posibility of not be able to be pregnant again and also being pregnant with a 5th boy and never getting mu princess. No matter what..your boys will always help you carry that paon and go away. Always will be your precious blessings and also will be more for you than a daughter can be. I can understand you have a good relation with your mam. I dont. So. Having a daughter dont give you for sure to be with her by your side always and habing all boys either give for sure they will not understand wont be near you or wont be best companios. Sorry for my bad english and hope my words have helped a bit. Hugs for you
    2002 2005 2007 2014 2016 looking for my little princess

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much...that did help me! And I feel exactly as you describe it- it is separate. The love I have for my boys versus the sadness of not ever having a daughter. I’m fortunate in my gender disappointment that I actually am so excited about this boy that we are expecting, and I know that I will love him so much. It’s just NOT having a girl that I’m so sad about. Thank you again for your kind words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im happy to read that. I guess i know how it feels but i wanted you to feel supported and undertood. I know you ll be extremely happy with your little baby. They are such a blessings that melt our heart. Hope youll be able to feel that during pregnancy too till be able to meet him. And really wish you the best of relation with your guys. Hope mines too haha. Keep us updated!
    2002 2005 2007 2014 2016 looking for my little princess

5. Thanks blessedmama2 thanked for this post